Inquiry Boas and Balls - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:48 AM   #11
Shadera
And here are those emails I conveniently forgot, with dates and times Lynn managed to miss.

fromsales@boasandballs.com
toShadera Lorrain <magickalmorphs@gmail.com>

dateSun, Apr 26, 2009 at 9:40 AM
subjectRE: Fwd: question about payment plans

hide details 9:40 AM (2 hours ago) Reply

Ok, I see the misunderstanding. It is any single animal over $1000. But you have not made any monthly payments at all.

Lynn Kubic
Boas and Balls
www.boasandballs.com
mail sales@boasandballs.com
Ph - 720-685-9557 (This is the best #)
cell- 303-949-1560
fax 303-659-0489

toShadera Lorrain <magickalmorphs@gmail.com>

dateSun, Apr 26, 2009 at 10:12 AM
subjectRE: question about payment plans

hide details 10:12 AM (1 hour ago) Reply

I'm sorry but I don't take threats well. You did not make any payments at all.

Lynn Kubic
Boas and Balls
www.boasandballs.com
cell- 303-949-1560
fax 303-659-0489

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: question about payment plans

Date: Sat, April 25, 2009 9:59 pm
To: sales@boasandballs.com

I think this will go on the BOI as well. People should know that you'll try and change the terms on them.

Shadera

toShadera Lorrain <feathersandlove@gmail.com>

dateSun, Apr 26, 2009 at 10:06 AM
subjectRE: ball pythons

hide details 10:06 AM (1 hour ago) Reply

Shandera, I didn't say you had pay them off all at once this miniute, but make a payment. I have only been maintance feeding them and the one has out grown 2 cages and is getting to large for the one its in now. I am not a breeder that will keep your deposit but if you can't afford them, then I will sell them instead of feeding them and send your money back.

I found the e-mail you sent me, and in it, you clearly state you will have no problem paying them off in 6 months. The problem I have had is, I have heard nothing from you but one respond e-mail, since Decmber 28th, and you have made no attempt to make payments.

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for the quick reply! I really appreciate breeders like you who offer payment plans so that those of us who don't have a ton of immediately available cash can get what we want. Bless you!

I have a few animals I'd like to place on hold then, pending a deposit from me of course. Do you have a preference for payment? Paypal, check by mail, etc?

Caln-08c26-234f 100% het Bell caramel albino female
P-h-08c31-256f 100% het pied female
BP-432 pastel female
BnB-08-22 normal female
bp-08-385 normal female

I should have no problems paying this group off within 6 months, and will send cash whenever I have it available.

Shadera

Lynn Kubic
Boas and Balls
www.boasandballs.com
cell- 303-949-1560
fax 303-659-0489

And yes, when I originally started dealing with Lynn I fully expected to have them paid off within 6 months as that was way more than it had been taking me to pay off $1000 worth of animals. But then when she emailed me in March I sent this email which (I thought) cleared that up. I guess not.

fromShadera Lorrain <feathersandlove@gmail.com>
tosales@boasandballs.com

dateSat, Mar 14, 2009 at 7:44 PM
subjectRe: ball pythons
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details Mar 14 Reply

Hi Lynn,

I was going to contact you within the next few days to let you know I'm still alive.

Like everyone else it seems, I'm not just struggling to come up with extra cash just to buy snakes but even to get all the bills paid on time. I apologize for not having made a payment lately but there's been no extra money lying around to send, and I was under the impression that I had up to a year to pay them off so I wasn't all that worried about it yet. If it's an issue, please let me know now. Otherwise, I'll send money as I am able.

Thanks.
Shadera Lorrain

I even asked her then if paying them over the year was going to be an issue. She never answered that question, and did not pursue anything further so I thought all was under control. Again, I guess not.

This is all posted here so that people can decide for themselves whether or not to do business with this person. She'll tell you that you have X amount of time to pay for an animal then change the terms on you and claim YOU'RE the one in the wrong. And I'm not holding my breath for the refund either, it seems to be par for the course with this one. However, if by some miracle I do receive that, I'll be back to update.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:09 AM   #12
RobbiesCornField
Sorry, but I don't see how Lynn owes you any refund. You told her that you'd have NO TROUBLE paying her off in 6 months. Then you go and not make any payments for 3 of those months with no contact from you. Is it her fault that YOU didn't make clear that you wanted to pay over the year? No.
I'm sure that if you would have let her know what's going on AS IT WAS HAPPENING and not months later, she would have been more than accommodating.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:41 AM   #13
Masonexotics
I think customers wanting 12 month payment plans would be few and far between, and breeders willing to offer such plans even thinner on the ground.

Perhaps stopping spending money you don't have would be an idea. a 12 month payment plan? Unbelievable.

I can't see your problem here, I don't see someone trying to change terms, I see someone who, after what I think it around 3-5 months who expected at least some payments to have been made. you've taken longer than most breeders would offer you full stop and not sent her a cent over the initial deposit you paid. To me it seems that the pair of your misunderstood each other after all you did say you'd be paid in 6 months. You're almost half way through your 12 month payment period, without a cent in her hands yet, I can sure understand why she's chasding you for money. She said she didn't mind people taking their time, but there is a difference between taking your time and taking the piss.

If it takes you 12 months to save up, then save up for 12 months rather than taking advantage of someone elses generosity/strange business practices!

Old 04-28-2009, 12:45 PM   #14
chazzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonexotics View Post
I think customers wanting 12 month payment plans would be few and far between, and breeders willing to offer such plans even thinner on the ground.

Perhaps stopping spending money you don't have would be an idea. a 12 month payment plan? Unbelievable.

I can't see your problem here, I don't see someone trying to change terms, I see someone who, after what I think it around 3-5 months who expected at least some payments to have been made. you've taken longer than most breeders would offer you full stop and not sent her a cent over the initial deposit you paid. To me it seems that the pair of your misunderstood each other after all you did say you'd be paid in 6 months. You're almost half way through your 12 month payment period, without a cent in her hands yet, I can sure understand why she's chasding you for money. She said she didn't mind people taking their time, but there is a difference between taking your time and taking the piss.

If it takes you 12 months to save up, then save up for 12 months rather than taking advantage of someone elses generosity/strange business practices!

Old 04-30-2009, 04:30 AM   #15
serpentminded
Question Lynn Kubic is right again

Lynn owes you nothing in my book but she will probobly pay you anyway because thats the kind of person she is. And if she does not im glad she is sticking up for herself! The economy has no bearing on your breeding plans. Dont have someone hold animals if you cant buy them. A 12 month plan is crazy but lynn does it cause again she rocks, but if you did not talk to her since your initial deposit and it has been 6 months the animals are worth a lot more now. And if you would have sent her 50 or 100 a month she would have had no issues. All she did was inform you that it had been 6 months with no contact and you needed to resolve the issue and you want to bad mouth her. She spent 3 hours with me @ midnight to hold a hog island that was on her web page. I did not buy anything and she was willing to help me out. Sounds like thats what everyone says but you.

Old 04-30-2009, 04:37 AM   #16
serpentminded
I forgot to say

Lynn has sold me many snakes since our first phone call to her. Evey order was amazing in every way! Great packing which is my major concern, She wont ship after wed due to chances of lost boxes being left over weekends, wont ship in winter, has more than fair prices for all her animals, only breeder I know will gaurantee my animal a year and a half down the road. Its like when she sells the snake she still has a bond with the animal enough to give a cash refund!! Who else does that??????

Old 04-30-2009, 11:12 AM   #17
Cinctum09
Wink WOW

THIS IS JUST CRAZY. LYNN IS ONE OF THE TRUE PEOPLE IN THIS BUSINESS. 12 MONTH PAYMENT PLAN? WOW? I HAVE BOUGHT A FEW ANIMALS FROM LYNN OVER THE YEARS AND EVERYTHING I HAVE BOUGHT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE BEST OF THE BEST. HOW CAN SOME ONE COMPLAIN WHEN A PERSON IS TRYING SO HARD TO HELP THEM. I THINK THERE IS ALOT OF PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT TAKE KINDNESS FOR WEAKNESS. I GUESS ITS JUST THE WAY I WAS RAISED, BUT IF I DONT HAVE THE MONEY TO BUY SOMETHING I JUST DONT BUY IT. LYNN YOU ARE A GOOD LADY AND DONT LET THIS IDIOT GET YOU DOWN. BY THE WAY I BEEN MEANING TO GIVE YOU A CALL ABOUT THOSE PIEDS YOU HAVE AVAILABLE. SET ME UP FOR A 2 YEAR PAYMENT PLAN (LOL). TALK TO YOU SOON

BRANDON HILL

Old 04-30-2009, 01:15 PM   #18
ASnakesView
Ive seen alot of lynns snakes labeled SOLD Brandon H.lol You are a fan of hers BIG time I love it! Im soo glad to hear all the great replies to the one bashing her. I was so upset to hear about it. Especially cause the person posts emails that show she is an idiot and acts like she is innocent or something. And blaming the economy, come on.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:20 PM   #19
ASnakesView
To stop confusion A snakes view and serpentminded are 2 people with one cause. Matt and Zach started working together.a snakes view/ serpentminded

Old 04-30-2009, 01:33 PM   #20
Shadera
Yep, let's totally forget the fact that I was told up front that anything over $1000 could be paid off over a year, and when I asked last month if there was issue with how I was planning to pay this there was no response. There was never any mention by her of how that money was expected to be paid, and honestly if she'd have told me up front to pay x-percentage a month it wouldn't have been a problem. I've done both, paid bi-weekly or have paid sellers in chunks. Unless you make it clear, when there are no terms on your site when the deal is made, how is the buyer to know what you expect? It hasn't been almost a year. It hasn't been 6 months as one person who obviously can't read says. This started after 3 months. This is the 4th month. Again. If you don't make it clear up front when ASKED what your terms for payment plans are and you don't respond when asked if paying in chunks is an issue, what is the buyer to assume? These animals very likely would have been paid off within the next two weeks, well within the 6 months I am being held to that I said in one of my first emails. It's great to see Fauna's membership levels growing, even if it's people who only registered to post on this thread, as if we don't know where that's coming from. Bash away, Lynn and friends. There are plenty of other people I've bought from (and much higher dollar value animals, too) that know I'm a good customer when someone's not trying to trick me out of my cash.

I never told her she should give my money back nor do I expect it. That was something she said. But given the way she changed her wording on the terms, as I said I'm not holding my breath to see a dime.

I posted MY experience with her, since that is what the BOI is here for. Heck, she got $260 for nothin' given that she still has these animals to resell. I want a job like that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!