Bad Guy Boaphile Plastics - Poor Service? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:31 PM   #11
ShadowAceD
... Did this really require a bad guy thread?

How long have you been waiting?

Did you try calling back? I imagine that type of business is incredibly busy.

As stated. Post e-mails and such.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:36 PM   #12
Utta
This should have been an info thread I agree, but it can't be changed and their reputaqtion speaks for itself.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:47 PM   #13
ShadowAceD
You're right, Tyler. I'd elaborate further on it in general, but I'll refrain.

I still want to know if the OP ever tried calling them back. Or how long it has been.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:52 PM   #14
Utta
Wow, heck of a typo! Reputation*

Old 08-05-2010, 12:51 AM   #15
Skiploder
There was a 3 foot Boaphile listed in the SF Bay area CraigsList with a busted top.......

Did you pick this used cage up and are asking how to fix it?

Or was this a cage you ordered and are trying to get it fixed?

Just curious...........

Old 08-05-2010, 03:59 AM   #16
bterrill
I have never had problems getting a hold of Jeff on the phone. Once he did not anwser but I called later and he did. I've bought multiple racks and a dozen cages from him without issues. I don't know about 3 month wait either. I've waited 7 before at the longest but he had posted his whole family had swine flu and it took 3 weeks or so to get thruogh that stuff.

I wait an average of 3 1/2 - 5 weeks, but unless you're not prepared I don't think the wait is a big deal. Plan in advance and it's not an issue. I also find it odd that Jeff would tell someone to email him.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:00 AM   #17
bterrill
"I've waited 7" was 7 weeks, not months, my bad. That's all. Oops, might of been h1n1, some type of flu, sorry again. My memory is foggy... and it sucks you can't edit such trivia information.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:14 AM   #18
kmrkvicka
Wow... I never thought I'd EVER see a bad guy thread about Jeff Ronne and Boaphile!!! Almost my entire outfit is run through boaphile, with a few other brands mixed in from me trying the out from when I was first starting out. I have 25 421D's all with modifications to meet my needs, 3 ball room racks, a ton of other racks and odds and ends. I would say the average wait time would be 3-6 weeks. Keep in mind he makes everything to order. Nothing is premade. Also, included in the price, is a fully assembled, heat included, tub included (if it's a rack system) item... um... hello?? what more do you want???

Also... any time I've called Jeff, if he didn't answer right away, he called back within a few hours. If he didn't call me back, and I thought it was important, I'd call him, and guess what, he'd ANSWER!!!

This was WAY premature. I'm also curious if we can find a receipt for the purchase of this cage, or if this was indeed a rack purchased (busted) of off CL. At which point, anything Jeff does to help you out would be purely a GOOD GUY situation

Old 08-05-2010, 08:01 AM   #19
AFMike27
Not a bad guy post, but I've tried emailing Mr. Ronne on several occasions with no response. I'm in Iraq, I placed an order about 3 weeks ago, never even received confirmation from him, just through paypal confirming my payment. I mean, busy or not, you have $400 of my money, you can find 5 minutes to read my email and reply. I'm coming home in 3 weeks, I have several snakes on hold for me, and need this rack delivered in a reasonable amount of time so I can set it up and get my snakes. I mean, busy or not, customer service shouldn't slack. I would call, but as I said, I am in Iraq and it's hard enough to get on the computer, let alone the phone.

I know his site says 3-5 weeks, that is why I left 6+ weeks of time, to make sure. I mean, is it really excusable to have poor customer service because you are "busy"? There are lines of work, like mine, where busy is not an option. You get the job done, and if you can't, maybe he shouldn't be taking orders or trying to be a cage guy and breeder.

Mike Fortier.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:45 AM   #20
zim13
I ordered a ballroom rack from him a few months ago. I got the automated email response and a rack within 2 weeks,nothing else....and that was perfect for me. I think I must have caught their building cycle just right.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!