Bad Guy Boaphile Plastics - Poor Service? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:58 PM   #31
oldworldlife
about 5 months

I'm still waiting for my total from Jeff it's been 5 months. Here's my emails he answered at first then when I wanted to give him money he didn't respond I guess I'm with southernwolf on this one. I will not beg for people to take my $$$$.I give enough of it away the way it is.
But I can say that the cages of his I do have work great but good luck being able to buy from him now unless maybe he went out of business.
Anyone else have rusty parts?

Full ViewRe: rusty parts
From: Oldworld Order <oldworldlife@yahoo.com> View Contact
To: Boaphile Enterprises <sales@boaphileplastics.com>

2 Files View Slideshow Download All
100_2063.JPG (193KB); 100_2056.JPG (234KB)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK

?- What are the dimensions of the heater you need replaced? the one that was on there is about 21 1/2 x 12 it's going on top a stack so a lower wattage would be OK the room temp is 75 degrees I will in close 2 pic's of the space with tape where I need the flexwat to fit. and one of the old set up which is what is on all 7 of the other cages the other 7 work well but I need this one to fit in with the rest

?- How many black latches? 14

?- How many complete zinc hinge sets would you like? can I get black hinges instead 21 of them with the acorn nuts and bolts ?

?- If you wish to purchase the hinges from Home Depot and drill them out yourself to fit the bolts we use, how many sets of 4- Bolts and acorn nuts would you like? I would rather not go this route

so what is the total damages??
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Oldworld Order <oldworldlife@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sun, March 14, 2010 4:15:44 PM
Subject: RE: rusty parts

Hi,

What name did you order your cages under? I can’t find your email address on my history and you did not sign your email again, so I do not know who you are yet.

Those are our cages for sure and the parts are definitely available. The hinges we use are available at Home Depot. You will need our metric bolts and stainless steel acorn nuts as they are harder to find. The holes on the hinges will need to be drilled out. I have many stacks of cages with those zinc hinges and have not had any rust that badly. Same on the interior black latch hardware. You must have a really humid environment inside those cages or somebody has liberally used water cleaning inside those cages. At least compared to mine and what feedback I have gotten from others, that is not the norm for those parts. That being said, how many of what would you like?

?- What are the dimensions of the heater you need replaced?

?- How many black latches?

?- How many complete zinc hinge sets would you like? or

?- If you wish to purchase the hinges from Home Depot and drill them out yourself to fit the bolts we use, how many sets of 4- Bolts and acorn nuts would you like?

Thank you,

Jeff Ronne Sr.
Boaphile Enterprises
PO Box 394
Cannon Falls, MN 55009
Ph. (507) 263-7289
sales@boaphileplastics.com
http://www.boaphileplastics.com

http://www.boaphileplastics.com
Professional Grade Enclosures for the Breeder and Hobbyist Alike

This message is confidential and intended for a specific individual and purpose. It's protected by law and shall not be disseminated to anyone outside of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

Old 08-06-2010, 02:12 PM   #32
hyacinth
I appreciate all the replies. I did not ask them to fix the cage but rather, for advice on the best way to repair it myself. Primarily though, I asked if they can provide a key that I was willing to pay for so I can open the latches since the original owner had misplaced them. The gentleman w/ whom I spoke was very sarcastic and a little condescending IMO. For example, he asked if I was the original owner and when I told him that I got it from a "local hobbyist", he replied "we don't have any customers named 'local hobbyist.' "

Eventually, he agreed to ship a set of keys for $10 which I thought was very reasonable. I was asked to email him my info to which I didn't receive a reply. Labeling the company as a "bad guy" is admittedly a little strong and may be inaccurate and I have no complaints about the quality of their products since I have read mostly positive comments about them. In fact, a friend of mine only uses boaphile cages. I was merely sharing my 1st and only awkward experience w/ them over the phone and their subsequent failure to respond. I'm sure they have fine products since they've been around for a while, have stood the test of time, and have a loyal customer base.

btw, I've since taken the cage to a locksmith and had them make keys for a nominal fee. All is well and I apologize if my comments were overly disparaging but it reflected my honest feelings at the time. sincerely, alan

Old 08-06-2010, 04:06 PM   #33
AbsoluteApril
well I could see the reluctance to quickly respond as you aren't really a customer of theirs, but bought the item 'second hand' (except for wanting to buy the $10 keys of course). How long was it from the first time you contacted them via phone and sent the email until now?

Old 08-06-2010, 05:55 PM   #34
Tim Cole
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
well I could see the reluctance to quickly respond as you aren't really a customer of theirs, but bought the item 'second hand' (except for wanting to buy the $10 keys of course). How long was it from the first time you contacted them via phone and sent the email until now?
I have bought used racks and cages that needed new glass, repairs, etc and have always gotten good service even when I was not the original owner.

Animal Plastics, neodesha, vision, and freedom breeder have all given me support with used systems.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:08 PM   #35
AbsoluteApril
Sorry if I misspoke Tim, I didn't mean to say he shouldn't get help or advice, I just meant I could see how some people wouldn't be in such a hurry to help... like someone buys a corn snake at petco and is asking Rich (for example) how to care for it, sometimes those types of requests get pushed to the bottom of the stack so to speak.
I better stop before I go too far off topic.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:09 PM   #36
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Cole View Post
I have bought used racks and cages that needed new glass, repairs, etc and have always gotten good service even when I was not the original owner.

Animal Plastics, neodesha, vision, and freedom breeder have all given me support with used systems.
But ya didnt list Boaphile

Old 08-06-2010, 06:11 PM   #37
Skiploder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Cole View Post

Granted.

But starting a Bad Guy thread about not getting a response on how to repair a damaged cage you got for free is, well, kind of silly. I've had AP not get back to me about questions - doesn't mean they're bad guys............

I've bought all my Boaphiles used because, frankly, it's easier that way. The communication and turnaround times are spotty, so I don't bother purchasing directly from Jeff.

If this was a cage the OP bought or was delivered broken and then didn't receive service - that's a bad guy thread. Scoring a free broken cage off of Craig's List and getting upset when you don't get timely advice on how to fix it seems a bit overboard.

Frankly, it's also misleading. A lot of people posted here under the impression that Boaphile either delivered a faulty cage or that this was a paying customer that was being ignored.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:19 PM   #38
Tim Cole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
But ya didnt list Boaphile
I'll admit, I don't have any Boaphile Cages. A friend of mine bought some Boaphile cages and racks and I was not impressed when told the cost after seeing them.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:39 PM   #39
hyacinth
Thanks all. I can totally understand everyone's point. Like I stated, labeling the company as a "bad guy" from this one minor incident was a little overdone on my part and in retrospect, I see now that I should not even have started the thread. I was just most frustrated over how I perceived I was treated over the phone. My bad and I apologize!

Old 08-06-2010, 06:42 PM   #40
kmrkvicka
Jeff is very sarcastic - and what I think you perceived as rudeness was in fact him joking around. I think the thread, as you've mentioned, was premature, and in no way deserved a bad guy thread.

As far as the "too expensive for what you get" - we're all entitled to our own opinions. I personally prefer the pre-made, delivery included, and the look of the boaphiles for the price. I prefer them to the other cages on the market. While I do have some racks from boaphile, I have purchase racks elsewhere as well. That said, remember that just because it isn't your cup of tea doesn't mean it's worthless to all

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!