boaphile plastics is starting to piss me off.... - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-22-2004, 08:26 PM   #91
ccpoisonivy
I have friends with boaphile cages and that's why I'm thinking of ordering one.Like I said, I'm ok with an extra week or 2 wait. Like you said Steve, they have really good cages.

I e-mailed them about this thread and they responded to me within a few hours, thanking me for giving them the heads up. (I think that was why he got the "apologetic phone call".) That was nice of them and I was impressed with the way they handled themselves here with the BOI, too. Just my $.02

Old 11-22-2004, 08:27 PM   #92
ccpoisonivy
You had to wait 6 months with boaphile!!!!????? Or another company??????

Old 11-22-2004, 08:32 PM   #93
beastie
yeah, i'd really like a clarification on the 6 month thing, that's a little overboard.

btw, i love boaphiles, i use their cages along with a Nature's Spirit rack. Casey, Jeff, and Joel are all great guys in my experience, the Boaphile guys can be a little slow in correspondence, but i've never waited more than a day to hear back from any of them. and they've always been spot on in their delivery estimates. i can imagine some people may slip through the cracks for various reasons, but i believe that Boaphile products are worth any wait. that's my personal opinion. On a side note, Casey - If you're reading this, when are you going to produce a cage? i know there are a lot of us interested! i'd like to start a stack of those next to my boaphiles! i think they'd complement each other nicely. lol!

bc

Old 11-22-2004, 09:04 PM   #94
SPJ
I had to wait 6 months for 3 36 inch slant front neos and the rack when Jeremy Bednarsh and his father launched Neodesha Cages again after Bush Herp shut down production. I was given SOOOO many shipping dates that never materialized and finally they stopped returning my calls and emails. They had a lot of my money and I had nothing. Finally after filing a complaint with the BBB, the FBI internet fraud department, and filing a complaint with the Florida States Attorney General, I got my cages. One cage was unuseable, one cage had no glass front, and the nuts and bolts for the rack were not included. I only got what I did when I pursued legal action against him. From what I hear now, he has since moved to California and owes a LOT of people money. Terrible experience buying cages online.
I like the Boaphile cages and racks but since the fiasco with Neodesha, I inquire about cages and want to CMA before any money gets sent out. The lack of responce from Boaphile is what caused me to look elsewhere for new racks and cages. I ended up buying a rack from Casey Hulse (excellent to deal with) and a few cages from Precision Caging (again, excellent to deal with).
I think with a bit more attention to CS, Boaphile could end up being bigger in the cage market than they are now.

Old 11-22-2004, 10:59 PM   #95
Burma Boy
There is probably a place in the market for all the manufacturers.
If they deliver the goods.
Just reading the posts here, there is a market, a rather large market for their product.
But they really do need to change the way they do business.
And in this respect...the consumers (us) are our own worst enemy.
I still feel paying in full is not an acceptable business practice.
But we are forced to play the game their way.
Way...because we need their product...and therefore we allow this business practice to continue.
Imagine if we all said..."NO! I will send you 20%...and the remainder when you are ready to ship.
And you better have a guaranteed shipping date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
No...we just open our wallets, then complain on the BOI.

Old 11-22-2004, 11:40 PM   #96
beastie
well, you can also just read the BOI, and then decide whether you want to pay and wait, or go to someone else. thankfully we do live in a free market country, and there is a resource such as the BOI to help us in this. this issue is only about wait time, not about quality, so it's just a matter of how bad you want a certain product, which seems to me to be a fairly simple question, and maybe not deserving of a new 19 page thread every time someone forgets to get an eta for their order. this particular company has at least one other thread that the person could have added to, but a new thread was started again... and (at the risk of lengthening this thread and getting flamed...) doesn't that in itself violate the BOI's TOS? oh well.

in the end i believe it all comes down to (one of many) the old maxim:

to each his own.

best of luck to all in their caging choices.

bc

Old 11-22-2004, 11:41 PM   #97
beastie
well, thanks to me, make that a 20 page thread. lol!

b
c

Old 11-23-2004, 09:49 PM   #98
Boidaddic14
sorry i took so long on the date ivy i thought that the thread had just about died i ordered the rack on October 11 i believe

Old 11-24-2004, 12:34 AM   #99
PeterFromme
I don't see the problem with a new thread...same problem but different time. Kind of communicates that some things just don't change. This thread was long, filled with a lot ranting and raving, but there were many good points made.

"Boidaddic14" if Boaphile shipped your rack on Friday, you should be getting it soon...I hope it was worth the wait.

Make sure to start a new thread once you get it!

Peter Fromme

Old 11-24-2004, 02:19 PM   #100
Boidaddic14
ya ill let u guys know how it works out

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!