boaphile plastics is starting to piss me off.... - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-10-2004, 03:15 PM   #21
David R.
I have never purchased from Boaphile. At one time I wanted to, but they did not return my email AND two phone calls. So, I had to assume they did not want and/or need my business.

I operate my business with the following in mind: You only have ONE chance to make a good FIRST impression. Boaphile evidently does not operate the same way.

Thank you.

David Rivers

Old 11-10-2004, 03:55 PM   #22
beakgeek
I purchased five 221D enclosures(with lights and heat tape installed), a twenty tub shoebox rhinoraxx, and a ten tub sweaterbox rhinoraxx from boaphile and got really nice products. On all three purchases I ordered them off of their website and had the cages in less than three weeks. If you do searches on the BOI for boaphile it appears that it is hit or miss on how they get back to you. I can say that I am happy with the quality and service. For me it was worth waiting.

Regards,

Terry

Old 11-10-2004, 04:25 PM   #23
Sand&SunReptile
I am going to say it again...
Nature's Spirit is the best rack company in the business! Both times I have ordered from them, I received my racks in under 1 week time, from the time he received payment.
Casey and Darla Hulse are the best going, not too pricey either, very easy to work with, and they have incredible customer service.
Also, willing to custom any order you want.

Old 11-10-2004, 05:31 PM   #24
Boidaddic14
well i definately am not going with boaphile for my racks so i think ill just build my own racks from now on.
Thanks and ill try out the visions for my retics in the future.
Eric

Old 11-10-2004, 05:36 PM   #25
CONSTRICTORS305
Ive ordered racks from Boaphile and it took about 4 1/2 weeks to get to my place. I think thats too long of a wait especially if you have the cash to purchase it on the spot. 1-2 weeks sounds better. Give Animal Plastics a try , I saw their racks at the daytona show. They look real nice , i think they use heat cable instead of flexwatt. Anyways good luck. I hope you find what youre looking for.

spencer tedesco

Old 11-10-2004, 05:48 PM   #26
Sand&SunReptile
By the way, his website is...
www.NSreptiles.com
I need to check out animal plastics. I need some cages, and Casey has yet to fabricate a cage, Im not sure when he will.

Old 11-10-2004, 10:18 PM   #27
SWAG
Just so you know---AP is also backed up right now. Four to Six Weeks--however, if you want, they won't charge you until they are ready to start production, at which point its +/- 10 days.
I've had good experiences with boaphiles, and am in the process of having a good one with AP.
What I really, really wish though, no offense to any cagemakers, was that Bush Herp Neodeshas were still around. Still all around my favorite enclosures.

Old 11-10-2004, 10:23 PM   #28
Double "D" Reptiles
a lot not understood

First of all, I want to say that I've never met Jeff (the Boaphile) and probably wouldn't know him if I saw him on the street or he was to call until he identified himself. However, I think he's catching a lot of grief here over business issues for which I'm not sure some people have a real grasp of after reading some of the responses.

I apologize for not taking note of who wrote what in previous posts, but I've been trying to catch up here after a long day at work.

1. Hiring a bunch of kids for minimum wage will wind up costing in the long run. I'd rather wait a little longer once than to wait twice because some dimwitted kid who's probably working at his first paying job besides mowing the parent's lawn can't follow directions. If he's got to hire help for custom caging, then he's going to have to pay for it. If memory serves me correctly, Jeff's located in the Mid-West (Minnesota or nearby) and he's probably going to have to pay close to double the minimum wage to get semi-skilled individuals to work for him that won't screw your orders up worse than the delay time.

2. Lead times in manufacturing fluctuate at different times of the year due to customer demand. The most obvious time for down times are probably during the winter months when few offspring are available on the market.

3. Hiring more employees assumes that the space is available to accomodate them in their current location. The same is true of pre-building more basic models to have on hand. Warehousing of any product takes space and depending upon liquidity of the business can produce accounting nightmares which reflect negatively in the business is attempting to secure financing for expansion.

4. A lot of people have talked like like they have an intimate knowledge of Jeff's business and or business accounting in small industrial settings. Still, I haven't seen any straight talk from a purely "business" standpoint along these lines, just personal/group desires stated as if they are the only way things can/should happen.

5. 1 vital piece of equipment not operating correctly can throw things off significantly.

It's not that I think Jeff is in the "right" by not disclosing that he's currently experiencing onger lead times than expected or desired. Customer service is a vital part of this type of business and enen though the customer might now personally like what they're being told, they do deserve some sort of explanation for delays or longer lead times.

I have to wonder, has anybody contaced Jeff to notify him of this thread so that he can address it? If not, I'd be fine with directing him here as, to be quite honest, I'm interested in hearing the response.

David

Old 11-10-2004, 10:28 PM   #29
Boidaddic14
u can direct him if u'd like i cant use my long distance lol. I too would like too hear a response from him but i have a feeling that he's "too busy to respond to some stupid kids thread" i mean seriously whats one cage going to cost him. Oh well i might be wrong.
Eric

Old 11-10-2004, 10:57 PM   #30
PeterFromme
"Double "D" Reptiles" I believe people reading this post will agree with your comments. I'm sure some people reading this have a basic understanding of the time, commitment, and sweat needed to run a small business. I think most people here would agree that Jeff works hard, and running a small business is tough work.

I don't think the issue focuses on hiring a work force, and lead/lag time of the cage/rack production. It's simply he's lack of communication. Hence the lack of customer service. Not returning emails/phone calls after an order is late (and paid for) is highly unprofessional. They should offer the person a refund.

Quote:
I too would like too hear a response from him but i have a feeling that he's "too busy to respond to some stupid kids thread" i mean seriously whats one cage going to cost him. Oh well i might be wrong.
I hope you're being sarcastic with this comment. If not, that in itself is a "stupid" comment. That one cage leads to another and another, and telling of friends. OR IT CAN LEAD TO A POST LIKE THIS WITH OVER 1800 HITS. After reading this I wouldn't put myself through it...funny how one little rack can lose someone so MUCH POTENTIAL BUSINESS.

Peter Fromme

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!