boaphile plastics is starting to piss me off.... - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-12-2004, 09:38 PM   #61
Boidaddic14
great idea, if u do the large boids thing and ur not to pricy u can expect a couple orders from me. I hope this works out because this would be a great solution.
Eric Weintraub

Old 11-12-2004, 10:51 PM   #62
Burma Boy
The financing is all part of doing business. When running a business you have to have the funds to operate.
I truly dont believe a 100% payment is the way to go.
When beginning a business, you need to have funds in place, you need to have stock.
When you dont have the stock, when you dont have the labor, and you run out of funds, you dont stay in business very long.
I do appreciate the cage manufacturers are running a tight budget. It does seem a pretty labor intensive business,but what incentive is there for a manufacturer to get the product in the customers hands if the item is already paid for?
Does one pay the full price when ordering a car?
Or hiring a contractor? Would you pay them in full before they begin the job?
Paying 100% up front flies in the face of convention.
It's just not done...perhaps we than consumer can change the way they do business?
Then you wont see posts that read...
( fill in the blank ) cage company is pissing me off.
You would be reading...( fill in the blank ) cage company truly delivers quality, and does it on time!
Ok sorry, did'nt mean to ramble here

Old 11-12-2004, 11:11 PM   #63
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Does one pay the full price when ordering a car?
Or hiring a contractor? Would you pay them in full before they begin the job?
Rob,

Although I understand what you are saying, it seems to me this is similar as when we buy an animal on-line. The seller has the snake (part of your purchase), but he still needs an adequate box and heat packs (materials), he also needs money to send it overnight (sound financial status), and he finally also needs time and personnel (himself) to take the snake to the carrier. In my opinion if a seller (of any goods) makes a committment and specifies a shipping date he should stick to it. If he can fulfill the order within the specified time frame of his/her TOS he/she should refund the money.

Just my opinion.

Old 11-12-2004, 11:15 PM   #64
The BoidSmith
mistake

Quote:
If he can fulfill the order within the specified time frame of his/her TOS he/she should refund the money.
Should have read:

Quote:
If he can't fulfill the order within the specified time frame of his/her TOS he/she should refund the money.
Sorry about that.

Old 11-16-2004, 05:35 PM   #65
PeterFromme
Hey "Boidaddic14"

Just curious to know if Boaphile ever got back to you regarding your rack, and the timing?

It's been nearly week since you've posted your thread, thought they may have gotten back to you...

Let us know how it turns out....I'm curious

Peter Fromme

Old 11-16-2004, 06:00 PM   #66
Boidaddic14
They still havent e-mailed me or anything back i even left a message on thier phone regarding the rack

Old 11-17-2004, 08:20 AM   #67
Sand&SunReptile
Just ridiculous now.
How many weeks has it been? You have tried contacting them several times, both on the phone, and email.
There is absolutely no reason for this kind of neglect in any kind of business deal.
I doubt anybody involved in this thread will buy from them. Atleast, I wont. I'd rather build my own. They may not look that great, but they are defenitely cheap, and I wont have to wait for years...

Old 11-17-2004, 07:04 PM   #68
Boidaddic14
Your right mike it is getting ridiculous right now its at about 6 and a half weeks i have called them twice and sent 3 e-mails and one email was sent back to me and by the text of it it seemed like they didnt even read my email. Well im deffinately not going to be a return customer, i might of been if it took this long and they informed me of what was going on but they havent sent me anything on whats holding them up.

Old 11-17-2004, 07:11 PM   #69
mdc
I got mine

I just got my 5 cages yesterday. They were shipped exactly 5 weeks after I placed my order. I was quoted 2-4 weeks, so 5 is a little long, but not too bad. I emailed Jeff at exactly 5 weeks to check on the status, and received an email back the same day saying that they had shipped earlier that day. I then emailed him again that day to make sure the accessories got shipped with the cages and he responded the same day. I also emailed him today to let him know that they arrived and were great. I received a reply to this email within an hour. Maybe your emails aren't getting through for one reason or another. Just a thought.

Matt Crabe

Old 11-17-2004, 07:48 PM   #70
Boidaddic14
im pretty sure thier getting through because he e-mailed me back once but he hasnt ever since maybe the larger orders have more priority to him.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!