My little Christmas miracle. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-23-2006, 07:05 PM   #1
crotalusadamanteus
My little Christmas miracle.

Meet Lucky. He's a real fighter. I got him 8 days ago, and he was messed up pretty good. Been rehabbing him on higher temps a little humidity and some meds to help. LINK

Anyway, he made a much speedier recovery than I thought he would. And now he has decided it's time to EAT! I love it when that happens. LOL Now lets hope he keeps it down OK.

Not just once, but TWICE. All I could find for food around here was just a tad small, or too big.

Anyway, I think he's gonna be OK, and turn into a strong little guy. Smallest damn thing I ever dealt with. I am guessing he's only a couple months old. Anyway, just wanted to let ya know he's done a good thing.

Rick

Old 12-23-2006, 07:08 PM   #2
SIRS
great to hear ,glad he's doing good

Old 12-23-2006, 07:24 PM   #3
shrap
Awesome Rick!! Keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 12-23-2006, 07:27 PM   #4
crotalusadamanteus
I'm pretty jazzed about it. If he keeps 'em down and continues to do well, that'll be plenty of christmas present for me. We'll see what he turns into in about a year.

Thanks!
Rick

Old 12-23-2006, 07:33 PM   #5
densnake1
Its great to see he is taking off for you. It looks to me, like he is going to have some very nice colors some day. Congrats.
Dennis Cook

Old 12-23-2006, 08:40 PM   #6
airtrixx
Good job

Good job rich, i have been following the other thread and just seen this one, looks like a completely different animal, Kudos.

Old 12-23-2006, 09:03 PM   #7
crotalusadamanteus
Thanks again guys. He's gonna do just fine. I hope his color starts to show through as he ages, instead of fading out. We'll have to see.

Rick

Old 12-23-2006, 09:24 PM   #8
Metachrosis
Looks like yall got things worked out for the better
Not a bad looking animal now,so bring him back around in about 90 days and lets see how he looks.

M/

Old 12-24-2006, 07:13 AM   #9
crotalusadamanteus
Thanks again everyone. He kept them down so far, and is still looking good, so maybe this is the end of the worry part.

Ya know, I posted this at another forum, and got several emails telling me how "glad they are that people like me are willing to step up in these cases". Although the pat on the back feels good, I don't feel like I did anything special. I feel that any ONE of us should have done the same thing if we encountered such a specimen. And I feel that if WE did act when seeing this stuff, there would be a lot less of it. We are the ones with the power to stop it. But you have to step up.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that.
Rick

Old 12-24-2006, 08:54 AM   #10
gmherps
sweet boa man!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!