Tom Snyder Zoological Supply --deadbeat-ripoff- - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-27-2007, 01:23 AM   #21
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
I voted him a Bad Guy. When confronted on his Myspace account he chose to close access to it and not come here to refute Ben's accusation. That's enough for me. Plus, I know Ben well enough to know his story is true to the letter.

Tom's GGC Poll can be found at http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=67519 for anyone who has an interest.
Done deal!!

Old 01-27-2007, 01:47 AM   #22
varnyard
I have dealt with Ben many times, both as a seller and as a buyer. Ben is a 110% good guy in my book, if he says this is what happen, then it is good enough for me.

I might also add, if Tom now changed his Myspace, then he knows about this thread.

That said, it is time for members here to take a stand. If you don't want to do good business, then take a bad vote on your GGC Poll (With enough bad guy votes, they will be requested to pull their GGC banner from their website). They should not be displaying our banner and then not doing good business.

If you think this guy needs to pull his good guy banner, than please vote. You can do this to let sellers know they must be true good guys to display our banner.

Tom's banner can be found at: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/for...ead.php?t=67519

Old 01-27-2007, 02:25 AM   #23
Scott Ashton
Out of the 11 "Good Guy" votes still posted on his GCC - 4 are from individuals who have lost their GCC:

Bill Leverton
Chris Johnson (TSE)
Manhattan Herps
High End Herps

Seems to me that once your GCC has been revoked, so should your ability to cast votes in such matters.

Old 01-27-2007, 02:26 AM   #24
Scott Ashton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Ashton
Out of the 11 "Good Guy" votes still posted on his GCC - 4 are from individuals who have lost their GCC:

Bill Leverton
Chris Johnson (TSE)
Manhattan Herps
High End Herps

Seems to me that once your GCC has been revoked, so should your ability to cast votes in such matters.
GCC - Should have read GGC.............must sleep.

Old 01-27-2007, 02:31 AM   #25
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
I have dealt with Ben many times, both as a seller and as a buyer. Ben is a 110% good guy in my book, if he says this is what happen, then it is good enough for me.

I might also add, if Tom now changed his Myspace, then he knows about this thread.

That said, it is time for members here to take a stand. If you don't want to do good business, then take a bad vote on your GGC Poll (With enough bad guy votes, they will be requested to pull their GGC banner from their website). They should not be displaying our banner and then not doing good business.

If you think this guy needs to pull his good guy banner, than please vote. You can do this to let sellers know they must be true good guys to display our banner.

Tom's banner can be found at: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/for...ead.php?t=67519

Actually, since he doesn't have a site anymore and it hasn't been displayed, he automatically losses his rights to the banner. He no longer qualifies for the program. I'm sure Rich will remove it as soon as he is aware and has time. But just the same, the bad guy votes will still be visible.

Old 01-27-2007, 08:23 AM   #26
BenSiegelReptiles
After threatening legal and other action, tom has emailed me as of last night--out of the clear blue sky he say now that he sent money yesterday ($50)--i am not happy with $50 on a $1300 debt--he swears he will pay weekly which will put me at about $200 before he "moves to costa rica". He says some other large wholesaler owes him money. Whatever. Oh yeah--i was wrong when i said it was 5 or 6 months--it has been 8 months and it was not $1000 but $1277.75. I thank everyone here for lighting the proverbial fire under his ass, i do not think i would have even had a response without everyones help. I figure i will give him a week to be paid in full before i move forward. He is a rascally one, i am sure that he can come up with some borrowed money-he has made it this far.

Old 01-27-2007, 09:46 AM   #27
Casey Hulse
I hope you get your money Ben!
I hate when good people "show trust" in an individual and then get burned, it seems these scumbags think they are clever when they can get something for nothing. If you do not have the $50 very soon, I hope you take legal action and teach this creep a lesson. Good luck!

Old 01-27-2007, 10:46 AM   #28
The BoidSmith
Ben,

If you accept the $50 payment that might be very well be the last money you see from him, and you won’t be able to do a thing about it. He would have established his willingness to repay his debt once you accept the payment. There is nothing in writing as to how long it may take thus rest assured it will take nearly forever, that’s even if he cares to pay once in Costa Rica. The problem is that legally you won’t be able to do a thing about it. You may want to check with a lawyer about this, but if I were you I would return that envelope unopened.

Best of lucks.

Old 01-27-2007, 11:00 AM   #29
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
Ben,

If you accept the $50 payment that might be very well be the last money you see from him, and you won’t be able to do a thing about it. He would have established his willingness to repay his debt once you accept the payment. There is nothing in writing as to how long it may take thus rest assured it will take nearly forever, that’s even if he cares to pay once in Costa Rica. The problem is that legally you won’t be able to do a thing about it. You may want to check with a lawyer about this, but if I were you I would return that envelope unopened.

Best of lucks.
That may certainly have that affect on a criminal case, but it will not cause him to lose any right to sue in a civil action IMO.

Old 01-27-2007, 11:07 AM   #30
Jim O
The check is in the mail. I'll believe it when I see it. LOL.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!