Tom Snyder Zoological Supply --deadbeat-ripoff- - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-27-2007, 01:28 PM   #31
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
The check is in the mail. I'll believe it when I see it. LOL.
Thats funny Jim, How many times have we heard that line?

Old 01-27-2007, 02:27 PM   #32
whiskersmom
I was told by an attorney once, that once you've accepted "a payment" then you've established a president to accept payments in the future. You will still be able to sue him for the remainder in civil court but most likely the judge will still allow him to just make payments.

Good luck, I really hope you get your money back.....no good deed should go unnoticed, while no bad deed should go unpunished!

Old 01-27-2007, 02:56 PM   #33
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskersmom
I was told by an attorney once, that once you've accepted "a payment" then you've established a president to accept payments in the future. You will still be able to sue him for the remainder in civil court but most likely the judge will still allow him to just make payments.
That may be so, but a judgment will still be entered against him and will show on his credit report anytime he attempts to get a loan or a credit card, or rent a place to live, etc.

Old 01-27-2007, 03:04 PM   #34
kmurphy
Quote:
That may certainly have that affect on a criminal case, but it will not cause him to lose any right to sue in a civil action IMO.
No but it would certainly delay it for several months.

Old 01-27-2007, 05:45 PM   #35
varnyard
Lets see, he is wanting to buy a house in South America, but he cannot afford to pay his debts.

Yep, I think I voted right.

Old 01-31-2007, 12:39 PM   #36
samguerra
Well i have to say it is about time some one stepped up and called Tom Snyder out. Good Job Ben. There are alot of us out there in the reptile world who Tom has taken adavantage of and ripped off. I am surprised it took so long for a thread to get started. I live in Ocala as well and have been looking for Tom for some time now. He does not answer his phone, does not return calls, nor does he answer the numerous emails he has recieved from people who are looking gor him.

In my case it is very simple. I let Tom ship his animals on my fedex acct to help him out and save him some money on shipping. I did this in good faith trying to help him out in a time where i knew he was having cash flow problems and his store front was in trouble. We were close to not having a reptile store any more in Ocala and i was trying to avoid that. He assured me he was a man of his word and he would pay the invoices in a timley manner. Guess what? Six unpaid Fed Ex invoices. By the time i realized that he was not paying his invoices my acct was about to be closed. I paid off the invoices totaling over $500 to keep my acct active. Thats what you get when you try and help people out.

To make things worse, It is my understanding he still has possession of animals and cages that do not belong to him and he is avoiding those people as well. This has been going on for months now.

During the time i did business with Tom he mentioned on several occasions he was eventually moving to Costa Rica. I assumed he had already moved since no body has been able to find him.

I have settled with the fact i will never see my $500. Tom owes too many people money whom i would imagine would get paid before he even thought about me. And we all know he is broke and a liar. That said i believe his plan is to leave the country and his debt behind. At very least he could give the animals and cages he does not own but is in possession of back to thier rightful owners before he leaves.

I suggest anybody else who has been ripped off by TOM SNYDER reply to this thread and share your story.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Sam

Old 01-31-2007, 01:18 PM   #37
samguerra
Tom Snyder is Dishonest

Well i have to say it is about time some one stepped up and called Tom Snyder out. Good Job Ben. There are alot of us out there in the reptile world who Tom has taken advantage of and ripped off. I am surprised it took so long for a thread to get started. I live in Ocala as well and have been looking for Tom for some time now. He does not answer his phone, does not return calls, nor does he answer the numerous emails he has received from people who are looking for him.

In my case it is very simple. I let Tom ship his animals on my fedex acct to help him out and save him some money on shipping. I did this in good faith trying to help him out in a time where i knew he was having cash flow problems and his store front was in trouble. We were close to not having a reptile store any more in Ocala and i was trying to avoid that. He assured me he was a man of his word and he would pay the invoices in a timely manner. Guess what? Six unpaid Fed Ex invoices. By the time i realized that he was not paying his invoices my acct was about to be closed. I paid off the invoices totaling over $500 to keep my acct active. Thats what you get when you try and help people out.

To make things worse, It is my understanding he still has possession of animals and cages that do not belong to him and he is avoiding those people as well. This has been going on for months now.

During the time i did business with Tom he mentioned on several occasions he was eventually moving to Costa Rica. I assumed he had already moved since no body has been able to find him.

I have settled with the fact i will never see my $500. Tom owes too many people money whom i would imagine would get paid before he even thought about me. And we all know he is broke and a liar. That said i believe his plan is to leave the country and his debt behind. At very least he could give the animals and cages he does not own but is in possession of back to their rightful owners before he leaves.

I suggest anybody else who has been ripped off by TOM SNYDER reply to this thread and share your story.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Sam

Old 01-31-2007, 02:38 PM   #38
Suncoast Herpetological
Just in case Tom is operating under an alias in Ocala...here is a pic courtesy of his MySpace account.
Attached Images

Old 01-31-2007, 04:16 PM   #39
reptiledealer
Tom Snyder

It is again really a shame this thread has gone where it has. I will say that I have spoken to Tom and all he had to say was I know and I will take care of it. Not really enough in my eyes. Anyways I also used to talk to him quite often via Email and Aim, He did talk a big game. Sometimes so big that I could smell the BS from my desk. Anyways I hope you succeeded in getting your money back Ben. There is obviously no question here that your reputation is A+ and that everyone on this thread backs you 100%. Good Luck Ben.Chris

Old 01-31-2007, 04:18 PM   #40
reptiledealer
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptileboy1122
It is again really a shame this thread has gone where it has. I will say that I have spoken to Tom and all he had to say was I know and I will take care of it. Not really enough in my eyes. Anyways I also used to talk to him quite often via Email and Aim, He did talk a big game. Sometimes so big that I could smell the BS from my desk. Anyways I hope you succeeded in getting your money back Ben. There is obviously no question here that your reputation is A+ and that everyone on this thread backs you 100%. Good Luck Ben.Chris
Meant to say hope that you succeed
Thanks Chris

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!