ALBINO MOTLEY, HYPO MOTLEY 100% HET GHOST, MOTLEY 100% HET ANERY! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Boas

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 02:44 PM   #1
EastCoastReptiles171
ALBINO MOTLEY, HYPO MOTLEY 100% HET GHOST, MOTLEY 100% HET ANERY!

Hello,

First for sale is 0.1 08' motley 100% het anery with paperwork. She's about 30" and feeding on f/t weanling rats. $1750 REDUCED: $1250 + shipping or best REASONABLE offer.

2nd is 0.1 08' hypo motley 100% het GHOST with paperwork. She's 32" and feeding on f/t weanling rats. $2500 REDUCED: $2250 + shipping or best REASONABLE offer.

3rd is 0.1 08' ALBINO motley. She is missing an eye. She's 30" and feeding on f/t weanling rats. $3000 + shipping FIRM.

E-mail me directly or send PM with any questions or for more pics.

thanks,

Matt
(443)846-4288
bloodpython160@aol.com
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-24-2009, 02:51 PM   #2
Shadera
You don't have any problem with the ethical side of selling an animal with an obvious birth defect that could possibly be passed on to offspring?

Old 02-24-2009, 04:06 PM   #3
mikeyt
Would just like to add a comment about the albino boa with one eye and the passing on of this defect to offspring. I do not know in what theory the real statistics are for this defect, but have been producing albinos for several years. I have several large females from several different bloodlines, four of those have only one eye. 2 came from the original Paul Miles/Pete Kahl stock as babies and the others come from another breeder through Gary Lum stock.

In the years I have been producing from these females, the odds of producung more or less offspring with only one eye has been no different then those produced by my females with both eyes. As matter a fact two of those females, gave me excellent litters with no eye deformaties.

Maybe I am one of the lucky ones, and the laws of statisitics have treated me good. This is just a personal observation through my personal experience.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:10 PM   #4
mikeyt
Also wanted to say, that I have not noticed any difference in size of litters, size of babies, length of gestation, or any other defects or deformities in offspring produced by these females over any other boas.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:50 PM   #5
EastCoastReptiles171
Thanks Mike, you know your stuff. I was supprised you knew that Paul Miles was also involved in producing the first albino boas as many people do not. As long as the buyer knows this before buying it, no. I cant keep all of the animals I have/produce. This is still a higher end animal even with this minor flaw. I have considered it which is why she's priced about $1k less than other albino motleys i've seen for sale on the net (which is only 2).
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-24-2009, 09:20 PM   #6
boakid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyt View Post
Would just like to add a comment about the albino boa with one eye and the passing on of this defect to offspring. I do not know in what theory the real statistics are for this defect, but have been producing albinos for several years. I have several large females from several different bloodlines, four of those have only one eye. 2 came from the original Paul Miles/Pete Kahl stock as babies and the others come from another breeder through Gary Lum stock.

In the years I have been producing from these females, the odds of producung more or less offspring with only one eye has been no different then those produced by my females with both eyes. As matter a fact two of those females, gave me excellent litters with no eye deformaties.

Maybe I am one of the lucky ones, and the laws of statisitics have treated me good. This is just a personal observation through my personal experience.
This is very true... Ive heard of albinos with one eye produce perfect babies.
As well as albino parents with both eyes can produced one eyed babies.

But $3,000 grand with one eye. Wow.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:24 PM   #7
Shadera
Really? It's common practice to breed culls? Ugh, I'm in the wrong business. Me and my darn ethics.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:47 PM   #8
reticaboa
Leave it already

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
Really? It's common practice to breed culls? Ugh, I'm in the wrong business. Me and my darn ethics.
If you don't like the idea, then don't purchase the snake. I am sure that the only people who will consider purchasing this animal are those who are comfortable with the lack of risk the one-eyed animal presents in the breeding project. You don't need to purchase the animal, and your expertise seems to lie in ball pythons. Don't purchase the animal then and stop harassing people whose posts are irrelevant to your needs. People on here have turned this valuable business tool into a weapon of immaturity aimed at "mine is bigger than yours" tactics. This is a beautiful animal and a reasonable, although high, price.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:40 AM   #9
mikeyt
Hey Matt, I have been doing boas since the late 1980's and was dealing with Paul Miles and Pete Kahl from the beginning. I saw the very first litter of hets and albinos they produced. I still deal with both parties on a regular basis, with ball python morphs. Paul MIles is one of the most down to earth, honest representatives of this business, and has some impressive animals in his collection. would reccomend him to anyone.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:01 AM   #10
mikeyt
This is also for MagicalMorphs. While I do understand your feelings about only breeding true animals with no defects, there are animals out there with small genteic defects that do not hinder the animals ability to live a healthy normal and breeding life. Some hypo boas are often born with very minute kinks in the very, very tip of their tail. Sometimes they are hardly noticeable and as adults are rarely noticeable. These animals eat fine, grow fine, and breed fine. What is a breeder to do with these, Ugh, culls. Put them all down. I dont think so.

There are many breeders out there that have these such animals in there breding colonies and is long as they are honestly represented to buyers, they are still recieveing a quality animal, in my opinion. Also there may be someone out there who just wants one as a pet, no intentions of breeding.

I agree with Keith on this one, your expertise seems to lye in ball pythons, and no-one is asking you to purchase this animal. While you do have a right to your opinions on the subject, dont make it out to sound like Matt is selling this grotesque deformed animal.

I would hate to have to go down into my snake room and look those albinos in the eye (the only one they have) and have to tell them that after all the babies they have produced over the past years, and what great snakes they have been, and all the care that I have put into them that they just gotta go, because they have a disability. My ole my, where are my ethics? Glad they arent kids, where would I be?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread