Savannah monitor super skinny not eating - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-08-2016, 05:56 PM   #1
Reptiles 101
Savannah monitor super skinny not eating

So i was in vegas for the isc show. I decided to vist a local pet shop while i was there and i noticed a super skinny Savannah monitor in one of the cages i was told they were having to force feed him and he was a picky eater. i was abel to purchase the savannah for what they paid for him do to him being so skinny dose any one know anything i can do to put wait on him or anything he might eat on his own?

Old 04-08-2016, 06:06 PM   #2
JButera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptiles 101 View Post
So i was in vegas for the isc show. I decided to vist a local pet shop while i was there and i noticed a super skinny Savannah monitor in one of the cages i was told they were having to force feed him and he was a picky eater. i was abel to purchase the savannah for what they paid for him do to him being so skinny dose any one know anything i can do to put wait on him or anything he might eat on his own?
Outside of being skinny and not eating does he show any other symptoms?

Old 04-08-2016, 06:13 PM   #3
Reptiles 101
No he looks fine other than that and he's pretty active. They said at the shop they just dewormed him

Old 04-08-2016, 06:20 PM   #4
Reptiles 101
Iv only owned him for 20 min so things could change when i get home

Old 04-08-2016, 06:31 PM   #5
JButera
Oh ok, sometimes medicine can throw an animal off big time. Hopefully he'll eat something when he settles in. I would suggest a warm soak for twenty minutes; to help him hydrate.

Old 04-08-2016, 06:38 PM   #6
Reptiles 101
Ok thank you for your help. this is my first time having a monitor so ill take all the help i can get

Old 04-08-2016, 07:04 PM   #7
JButera
no problem. How about a before and after pic?

Old 04-08-2016, 07:06 PM   #8
Reptiles 101
Ill take one when i get home for you

Old 04-08-2016, 07:09 PM   #9
JButera
Thanks, It'll be a nice reference to look back on after you get him back in shape.

Old 04-08-2016, 11:44 PM   #10
Reptiles 101
Before pics
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!