Madagascan Spiny Tailed Iguana - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-28-2012, 09:20 PM   #1
Bill T
Madagascan Spiny Tailed Iguana

A few pictures of my Madagascan Spiny Tailed Iguana eggs. These come from a breeding colony I received from Ty Park he gave them to me after I expressed interest in them. The eggs grow about twice as big as a bearded dragon egg but then deflate 2 days before hatching.
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2012, 03:36 PM   #2
UB1970
Cool pics. Very neat lizards. Thanks for sharing.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #3
MDC_Ophiuchus
I remember keeping one of these years ago. Very cool lizards.

Old 11-22-2012, 01:02 AM   #4
RoxyCleopatra
I'm looking for a male Oplurus Cuvieri and am wondering if I could possibly purchase or trade for one of them. Doubtful they are old enough to sex but I've been unable to get one from the distributors/ pet stores in my town and would love to breed my two-year old female and make these awesome little guys more readily available in my area (northern B.C.)

Old 11-23-2012, 12:23 PM   #5
Bill T
Sorry this years are staying with me.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #6
RoxyCleopatra
Can't say I blame you. If you can part with some next year I'd gladly take one or two.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:06 PM   #7
Bill T
I do have 4 adult males maybe next year we can work something out.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #8
RoxyCleopatra
Sounds good I'll keep in contact. I actually acquired a male locally and him and my female have been breeding like crazy. Any tips for incubation or housing hatchlings would be appreciated as I am a first timer with these guys. What is the best humidity, and temps for incubation to produce males/ females? Also what are the timelines for gestation etc and what do the babies feed well with? Sorry about the bombardment of inquiries but I'm not finding much info online.
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #9
Bill T
I incubate mine at 83 for around 70 days. When mine started to show that they had eggs it took abought 3 weeks. I used a big lay box in there enclosure but they did not dig they deposited them in a hide in the laybox. All the females laid 2 clutches each with an average of 3 eggs.
We started them on 1/4 inch crickets.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:19 PM   #10
RoxyCleopatra
Awesome, thanks for the all the help! I'll post pics of the hatchlings when they get here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!