My new Nicaraguan Boa - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-10-2011, 07:54 PM   #1
TheFragginDragon
My new Nicaraguan Boa

Met this guy at a table at the Taylor Reptile show, and I knew he was mine (even though it took me half the day to finally decided to buy him). Four year old male Nicaraguan boa (my first), roughly 4 ft long. Real sweet disposition too. I have named him Santiago. Say 'HI'!

Old 01-10-2011, 08:34 PM   #2
crotalusadamanteus
Nice pick up Amigo! He looks to be just barely bigger then my Fire Belly male.

You're gonna love him.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:52 PM   #3
joshc24
I dont normally like nics but man he is pretty smoking. Very nice pick up!!!!!

Old 01-11-2011, 07:22 AM   #4
TheFragginDragon
Thanks guys! What I couldn't get in the pics was the amount of irridescence coming off his scales, it's insane! Will have to take more pics outside once the weather warms up.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:21 AM   #5
Focal
Yeah, I see it. He's glowing like a Rainbow Boa. Sweet find!

Old 01-11-2011, 09:37 AM   #6
TheFragginDragon
Grazi Nick, I think so too!

Old 01-11-2011, 11:09 AM   #7
Matt2979
Nice pick-up John. Congrats!! He looks only slightly smaller than my CA female (not sure of her exact origin) and she's either a later '03 or early
04. She's a total sweetheart, too. Enjoy him!!

Old 01-11-2011, 12:44 PM   #8
TheFragginDragon
Thanks Matt!

I almost picked up a female hypo het T+ Nic, but the baby had a swelling at the nose caused by rubbing. The vendor suggested it just needed to be drained and it would be OK, but I didn't want to risk it. I spend enough on my critters, don't need to add vet bill

Old 01-11-2011, 03:09 PM   #9
Snakesitter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal X View Post
He's glowing like a Rainbow Boa.
Hey hey them's fighting words! ;-) j/k

Beautiful pick-up, John!

I think you were also smart to pass on the possible vet bill animal.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:05 PM   #10
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFragginDragon View Post
Thanks Matt!

I almost picked up a female hypo het T+ Nic, but the baby had a swelling at the nose caused by rubbing. The vendor suggested it just needed to be drained and it would be OK, but I didn't want to risk it. I spend enough on my critters, don't need to add vet bill
I've got a gorgeous hypo boa that I THINK is part Hogg Island (has extreme color and some green specks in her color). But anyway, she's recently developed a bad nose rub that I have to take her to the doc to check on. Would do it this week, but....it looks like icy roads in GA are going to force me to wait 'til next week. But no, I wouldn't have picked up one (already) like that, either.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!