Is it too late?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-11-2013, 11:26 AM   #1
Mike Gay
Is it too late??

Hey all, Last year, to my surprise, our female iggy laid 27 eggs in late April. I was thinking about introducing our male, who has been separated since they were 1yr, to see if she would take. My question is a matter of timing. The female is looking very plump and I'm thinking I may have waited too long She has slowed down her food intake and has been digging around alot. The male is housed next to her enclosure and seems very interested....displaying & head bobbing. So....if I do put them together and her eggs are already mature, I'm thinking I would just be exposing her to his possibly rough treatment for no reason. If it's not too late, I'm thinking I'd end up with some fertile eggs and try incubating a half dozen or so. My questions are: how long before actual egg laying can a mating be successful? And what success has anyone else had in raising a brood? I do realize we have an "iguana problem", and I'm aware many people think it unethical to add to it, however my goal is education and believe experience is the best teacher. Thank-you for your consideration.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!