How many of you have bought or rent - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 05-07-2006, 03:11 PM   #1
old guy
How many of you have bought or rent

homes with a place for your reptiles being paramount. I mean as to where you could turn a room or outbuilding or a garage and or basement into your reptile keeping quarters. Of the past 3 homes purchase and before that of the past 7 home/apartment/condo/duplex rented places i can say that 7 was with this in mind. But I have actually turned down homes and rental places because of the same very reason of not having a specific room or what that would suffice as such.

Old 05-07-2006, 03:14 PM   #2
old guy
I failed to mention also

laws of purchased homes and rent of townships and that is why I really posted this on this forum. Sorry.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by old guy
homes with a place for your reptiles being paramount. I mean as to where you could turn a room or outbuilding or a garage and or basement into your reptile keeping quarters. Of the past 3 homes purchase and before that of the past 7 home/apartment/condo/duplex rented places i can say that 7 was with this in mind. But I have actually turned down homes and rental places because of the same very reason of not having a specific room or what that would suffice as such.

Old 05-07-2006, 03:25 PM   #3
shrap
Well my current home was bought with my infant daughter's needs in mind, she is 11 years old now.

Next Summer when we relocate to Florida, the house I buy will strongly be determined by its ability to meet the housing needs of my reptiles.

Old 05-07-2006, 03:28 PM   #4
SIRS
i purchased my home about a year ago tottally on the room it had for my snakes which now seems not enough but i have roughly around 1000 or so square feet just for them and thats not going into the living area ..next house will be much bigger maybe with room in back for a actual building

Old 05-07-2006, 08:21 PM   #5
Art Klass
We purchased a house with a 1600 sf basement where I keep my snakes. It's really perfect for them. It's always humid and there is a gas heater down there. As soon as I saw it I knew the house was perfect.

Old 05-07-2006, 09:11 PM   #6
Golden Gate Geckos
Well, the last two houses we bought (in the past 12 years) had a pre-requisite for a room entirely for my geckos. I promised to keep my hobby, which is now a business, contained to one room. HA HA HA!!!

Old 05-08-2006, 10:56 AM   #7
snakebiteAZ1
I moved from Indiana

to Arizona because of all the cool Herps here, but i got 3.3 acres to boot, and that is where i have my 800 sq.ft. snake building.. The things we do to enjoy our hobby/business!!!! Keep up the cool posts, i like to see what everyone is doing out there... Mike

Old 05-08-2006, 11:43 PM   #8
Jungle Gems
We just purchased a home with a small amount of acreage and a 1200 sq. ft. outbuilding with a kitchen and seperate room with a shower (great for aseptic techniques and quarantine). We will also be building an aviary on the property, so the home suits our needs well and it's very secluded. Like others mentioned, we knew it was "our" house as soon as we pulled into the driveway!

Old 05-09-2006, 07:31 AM   #9
old guy
Well, it looks like

I haven;t been the only one. I also have been fortunate to have had acreage and outbuildings. When we were transferred here from Missouri we had to rent for one year in order to find a out of city limits ( one reason was my venomous collection the other was because of our breeding stock of parrots ) home. We were lucky with patience. BUT ! > even though lucky in that sense, not lucky with the new bill been passed on my venomous. ( read the requirements of passed bill of Kansas on venomous of Kansas on state laws forum ). I have the insurance liability requirement but for some one coming in here saying that I need a 3-4 foot cage for a massasauga that has had a 2 foot cage for 7 years........

Old 05-09-2006, 06:29 PM   #10
dirty_harry
LOL... decisions on where I live are made pretty much SOLELY on the ability for me to house and raise as many snakes and rats as possible

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!