Adeno Society - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-29-2008, 08:12 AM   #21
shadi11
I just wanted to say a few things. Tracie, I commend you for your efforts in getting this information for people to utilize. The time your putting in out of the goodness of your heart is greatly appreciated by a lot of us.
As for the comments about the list. Isnt some start better than none? It may not be 100% guarantee. But its better than nothing at all. As said by the Jacobson and Wentz and all them we need to try to do our best not to breed the positives. I have read that in many different articles. And as far as I am concerned this group of breeders is doing that. And therefore they deserve the recognition.
As far as I know Denise has tested babies as well and came up with negatives. She has ran many many different rounds of testing. And even though at one point she may have had some positives obviously she has not had one test that way since and that is a great thing as far as I am concerned.
And for Gina she as well has been testing many times since 2006 just as Denise. And also has tested babies as well. So how can you say shes only done one round. Maybe one round since the list was started but I don’t see you guys running that round of testing.
Before we say things about those who are testing. I think we need to think about the things they are doing to try to help the species.

Old 03-21-2008, 02:05 PM   #22
mikey
Hi Tracie..Just wondering if you could update us on any spring testing results since breeding season has started for many..Has anyone tested negative and started hatching babies yet ?

Thanks, Jean

Old 03-22-2008, 01:29 PM   #23
Drache613
Hello

Hello Jean,

Thanks for the inquiry. Well, one person, he has unfortunately tested his 3 breeders & they all 3 tested positive for Adeno. I do not want to divulge where they came from, though 2 did come from a petstore & another one from a larger breeder. He has given me all of the information that I need for the moment, as we will retest & do some more research on his dragons as he did give me permission to do so.
I do have a new person that I am working with who is not on my site as she is new. She cleaned out her colony. She had a total of 8 dragons & 6 tested positive & 2 tested negative. We worked on rehoming them, & found good home for them, which included disclosures as well as a contract not to breed. She will be working on retesting her 2 negatives again, for me. This could be a promising project for us. This all takes time, as it was devastating. Some of her colony though, had not done well & 2 had not thrived, but made it through the ordeal.
I had to remove someone off of my site as he bred without my permission & there are babies in the incubator which are due to hatchout in May. I confronted him regarding that as the terms of agreement are clear. No breeding until the breeders are tested at least once & have tested negative.
Of course, I have one breeder who is on her 2nd year of testing, & has tested negative on all counts. Her dragons are just now coming out of brumation right now, so, she will begin testing soon.
There is another breeder who has had hers be slow to come out of brumation, but she is another new one. So, she is nervous about getting hers tested, but has started her plans to get the test kits to begin testing.

This first year, is just the start. I felt that I would be lucky to have 1 or 2 breeders. That is OK!! My goal is to raise awareness & determine exactly what we have going on out here, where the negatives are, etc. I have received tons of data, daily, from forum members who have actually tested their dragons per my request who are not breeders. I have been workingon tracking down where they came from, with the client's help of course.
It is an ongoing project. I have some other things in the works, with Lou Ann & possibly the virology department. I would like to expand testing, but I am not sure how likely that is, due to funding of grants on that.

Anyway, it is a start. There is no telling where we will be in 5 years. I just want to help.

Thanks for asking, it is appreciated.

Tracie

Old 03-22-2008, 01:39 PM   #24
Valley Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drache613
Hello Jean,

Thanks for the inquiry. Well, one person, he has unfortunately tested his 3 breeders & they all 3 tested positive for Adeno. I do not want to divulge where they came from, though 2 did come from a petstore & another one from a larger breeder. He has given me all of the information that I need for the moment, as we will retest & do some more research on his dragons as he did give me permission to do so.
How are those dragons doing? Have they had any health issues as of yet?

Jamie

Old 03-24-2008, 01:32 PM   #25
mikey
Hi Tracie, Thanks for updating us..Keep up the great job you are providing the BD community. I know many of us have disagreed and done alot arguing and finger pointing, but hopefully with work, like you and the U. of F. are doing,we will have more answers than questions in the very near future. Hope everyone had a great easter.. jean
Attached Images

Old 03-24-2008, 06:53 PM   #26
Drache613
Hello

Hello Jean & Jamie,

Thanks for the responses. We had a good Easter & hope you did also.
Yes there has been finger pointing for years. I am to the point it does not matter who started it & where. I & my colleagues just want answers, no matter what they are, we will deal with it whatever they are.
I cannot get answers though, if breeders will not test.
The 3 dragons all had some issues yes. The largest female had respiratory issues for months last year, & took a long time to recover from them. She almost died no matter what was done but she is doing well now & has gotten over the hardest part. It is a shame that she tested positive. The other 2 did have very slow starts, & one was a very poor doer early on after hatching. So yes, they have all 3 had some type of problems. I have been in contact with him for over 1 year so I have followed them awhile now.
As far as my plans with U. of Florida go I do plan on trying to test the dragons 2 times if they continue to test negative then I will recommend the PCR to confirm negative readings. It doesn't do any good to perform PCR testing on positives, other than to determine levels of Adeno.
I urge more breeders to begin testing so we can all get more data. Thanks everyone I appreciate the support. I am just trying to help.

Tracie

Old 05-11-2008, 09:57 AM   #27
mikey
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=111026

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!