Ads not bumping properly. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:33 PM   #1
312Herps
Ads not bumping properly.

Seems i'm having issues bumping my ads , i'm not over quota , membership is valid and if possible can someone take a look at my bump/highlight log . i've been having some issues bumping my ad's since yesterday causing me to double bump in order for my ad to do so (i believe this happened only once) . Any help would be greatly appreciated . Thanks Mods.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:03 AM   #2
WebSlave
I can see a log of the bumps you have made (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...istory&u=85187), but that doesn't tell me how or why they were bumped.

If you are not seeing the ad being bumped, quite likely you are not refreshing your browser after making the bump and are seeing a cached copy of the site instead of the latest update made on my server.

Sorry, but I have no control over that.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #3
312Herps
I definitely move around the forum for a few minutes after posting the ads then come back to the ad and it still doesnt show it bumps the ad in the list (after clearing my cache and refresshing the browser , even leaving the forum and coming back in some instances) . In this image it shows two normal bumps at 10:50 and when i come back 5 minutes later i have to rebump the ad twice before i see it moved to the top of the list (10:55 & 10:56 ) .Similar with the last 3 bumps in the photo. The bump at 7:18 is normal and the two proceeding bumps are in attempt to bring the ad back up. that's 5 unnecessary bumps, could you please correct those. Thanks Richard !

Old 02-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #4
WebSlave
Sorry, but there is no way to "correct" what you are claiming. The code wasn't written to allow that sort of thing.

If other people are experiencing a problem, then I can run this by my programmer to see what he can figure out about it. At this point there isn't enough evidence to indicate that the problem is related to anything on our side of the table. So I'm sure he will conclude, as I am, that the problem is likely related to an external issue outside of our control and perhaps even an isolated incident unique to you alone.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #5
TripleMoonsExotic
I've been actively using the bump function the past week and nothing has been ammise. If you've verified it's not a caching issue, perhaps it's just others are bumping you back down after you've bumped yourself? That happens quite frequently in the Ball Python classifieds rather quickly, I'm unsure about other categories.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!