Anyone see this ad on KS???? - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-08-2004, 02:31 PM   #61
snakegetters
Quote:
Originally posted by Hognose_311 woah..... truthfuly...this has changed alot of things that i think..but i did go get a book about legal procedures, and venomoid surgery, etc....
What book is this? I am only aware of a few publications regarding venomoid surgery, and they are veterinary papers or articles rather than books. I'd like to know what book this is so I can find a copy myself.

Quote:
i just want everyone to calm down and give me some advice if that is what you people would rather me do.....sorry....
Okay, we're all calm now. It would be much appreciated if you could answer some of our questions, like whether the vet you were talking about really existed or not. If this vet does exist, they really need to know the same things that we've explained to you in this thread. We'd like a chance to talk directly to this veterinarian.

It sounds like you're doing the right thing, and that's great. The next step is to actually show that you are doing the right thing, so we can believe your words and have confidence in you. Putting us in touch with your relative the vet would be a good start.

Old 10-08-2004, 04:47 PM   #62
Rockford
Come on get real!!!!

Come on Tanith....Get real!!!! Do you really think the kid is going to rat his relative out? If you want to hunt him down hire a P.I. If you ask the kid to maybe have a talk about ethics with his relative, that's one thing but really? The kid just fessed up to making some huge mistakes and you won't leave him alone. It sounds noble and all but you can't fix everything that's wrong with this world. I think we all helped this kid realize his wrong doings and for that hopefully he won't turn out like his relative. GIVE THE KID A BREAK!!!! He will learn!!!! If he hasn't already!!!

BThacker

Old 10-08-2004, 05:03 PM   #63
snakegetters
Re: Come on get real!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Bthacker
Come on Tanith....Get real!!!! Do you really think the kid is going to rat his relative out? If you want to hunt him down hire a P.I. If you ask the kid to maybe have a talk about ethics with his relative, that's one thing but really? The kid just fessed up to making some huge mistakes and you won't leave him alone. It sounds noble and all but you can't fix everything that's wrong with this world. I think we all helped this kid realize his wrong doings and for that hopefully he won't turn out like his relative. GIVE THE KID A BREAK!!!! He will learn!!!! If he hasn't already!!!

BThacker

Are you forgetting that this is the home of the Board of Inquiry?

I don't honestly know what the situation is here. I would like to believe that the kid is telling the truth, but there have been some conflicting stories told here. It's not unreasonable to ask for some clarification.

If there really is a licensed veterinarian doing venomoid surgery, they can't get into legal trouble for that. If the person doing the operations is not a veterinarian, then they definitely can. So which is it?

Old 10-08-2004, 05:44 PM   #64
Mustangrde1
Tanith. You really don't expect him to give you the information if its being done illegally do you lol?

My god that would be like "Kevin the burger flipping king Smith" admitting to it.

Yes, this is the home of the BOI but this forum is not the BOI. I see the numerous conflicting stories he has told as have the rest of the board viewers. I am still not even sure if he really has given up all his snakes as he said. That is some evidence I would be more concerned with. At this point I even wonder if he ever really had them to begin with. He continues to use the word Herpetologist as a back up word or impress factor word.I am curious who to this person is as there are not to many with that degree floating around. But I doubt he will provide any of us with information on whom is conducting the procedure.

I think its best to write this off and hope we have educated him and that he truly has learned a valuable lesson.

Though I must admit I would love to know the answers myself.
Also I want to know what Book he has read this information from.

Old 10-08-2004, 05:45 PM   #65
Rockford
Do you really think he's going to rat his relative out? Leave the KID alone. Hire Ace Ventura and all the problems will be solved with Venomoids! EDUCATE. I think we have done that here.

Old 10-08-2004, 06:11 PM   #66
GinoInDaBronx
this book

I'm with you, Tanith. Which book might this be, michael? If you would be kind enough to tell me the title and author, then i can pick up a copy for myself... Or, might you be fibbing (again!)?

I also am curious about this vet. Who is it, michael? Which vet has seriously breached his sworn code of ethics? Or, was that too a lie?

Old 10-08-2004, 06:33 PM   #67
snakegetters
It kind of goes like this. I would really, honestly like to believe the kid and have trust and confidence in him. That would be great. Then we can all give him a helping hand, offer advice and resources, etc. But I really don't know who I'm talking to yet. I'd like to find out.

I'm no longer actively looking to get anyone in trouble. I'd just like to know that he's telling the truth and doing the right thing. Part of doing the right thing is helping to stop animal abuse. So yeah, if the operations are being done illegally by someone who is not a veterinarian, it needs to get reported.

If the operations are being done by a veterinarian, that's not illegal, but there are liability issues that the vet needs to be asked to think about. It's possible that this vet doesn't know about the capacity for regeneration and regrowth. I can put him in touch with a respected and well published veterinary researcher from ARAV who can verify how much risk he is taking on the liability end by doing the surgeries.

Old 10-08-2004, 06:53 PM   #68
Rockford
Tanith...I'm with you on your last post. Maybe he can spread the word to his relative "vet". Otherwise I really think you are beating a dead horse. Can you tell me what actions are being taken to make surgery illegal? And why isn't illegal?

Thanks-

BThacker

Old 10-08-2004, 10:54 PM   #69
Gregg M
It is illegal if it is done by a person that is NOT a licensed vet...... It is against the law in every state to practice vetinary medicine and perform operations on animals if you are NOT a licensed vetinarian...... The greater majority of licensed vets will not perform this operation and most other elective surgeries...... Plus it is illegal to commit acts of animal cruelty....... It is illegal and cruel for an unlicensed person (or any person) to operate on an animal without a super clean environment and without pain managment......
IT IS ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunatly the law is not being upheld...... Hopefully this will change in the near future......

Old 10-09-2004, 02:03 AM   #70
Rockford
May sound like a stupid question but why does KS allow posting of these ads? I have seen numerous venomoid ads. I'm kind of shocked after getting back into the herp world after being gone for 10 years. Alot has changed with the internet and all but it seems all I've seen on these sites are crooks and butchers. It's amazing these guys have the cajones to post!

BThacker

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!