My False water cobra collection - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Other Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #21
Tim Cole
I've kept them for several years. Some were very laid back and easy to handle and some would chase you out of the room with their feeding response! LOL

By the way, their venom toxicity is greatly underrated by most people.

Since they are a rearfang snake and most are reluctant to bite, this has not been a medically significant issue.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:49 PM   #22
albinoball
Venom underrated? Yes. Reluctant to bite? Not in my experience at all. My big female, possibly related to Jay's superhypo, is also a superhypo from Wes. She is docile as could be but I have a much younger superhypo who is in the stage they go through where they seem to go a bit nuts. She will bite you out of nowhere and is quite feisty. Then I have a male who is somewhere in between the two. Nice snakes Jay!

Old 05-30-2011, 02:15 PM   #23
spidey
FWC

I only need one more snake...a true red throat eastern indigo.

i purchased a superhypo fwc from jay and shes one of the smartest most beautiful snakes ive ever owned. (been in the trade for over 15 years and had tons of stuffs)

bred her to a friends crazy high yellow hypo male. hope to see something new! we are stoked! jay gets one of course!

lol, when shes "not in the mood" she whipps her tail like a lizard. most of the time she just comes right over without a fuss..even if i wake her from a slumber.

best snake purchase to date! why i didnt go for these before i dunno....
yes they are poop factories, but honestly, milk snakes are worse...and they like to crap on you too...

false waters are amazing. thanks to bob and jay for getting my hooked!

will post lots of pics when we get a clutch and babies!!

if things turn out like we hope, i may need a cigar when its all said and done.
(of course you realize the cigarette wone be enough lolz)

tom

Old 05-30-2011, 04:33 PM   #24
bigjay
Thanks guys!

On the venom issue I would buy that its underrated by most...I think it totally has to down with their keen intelligence and reluctance to envenomate non prey items. Their temperments vary quite a bit as evidenced by austins nutty female haha. The worst bite ive received from any of them was from a 6 month old baby..swelling, sweating, itching, burning and localized pain.

Your hooked Tom! Your going to have to start going to fwc anonymous meetings with tbe rest of us! Ive said it a million times to a million people...these are one of the best pets in tje reptile hobby for a RESPONSIBLE keeper. I feel about my falsies as many do about their dogs, were buddys and its amazing to see them prove that with actions like deciding to come out to me when the door is opened instead of remaining in their hides. Very few other species aside from drymarchon will choose an abnormal interaction behavior over a genetically ingrained self preservation behavior!

Cheers guys!

Jay

Old 06-10-2011, 05:58 PM   #25
Ntyvirus
still want one of these ridiculously badly but not sure about how Florida feels about them.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:17 AM   #26
Wayne Fowlie
Nice advertisement for Hydrodynastes gigas, guys! They used to be rare imports in batches of yellow anacondas; turns out they breed like flies and are now more common than the Eunectes. Watch out next time you go away a couple weeks and have a hungry one swallow your thumb; gives you a real lesson in mildly venomous pain. Big ones love full grown rainbow trout, so it's just a matter of time before fish and game make these a NO-NO!!. Think first and don't sell one of these to someone who just wants a pet gartersnake.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:15 PM   #27
spidey
FWC

Well, my female wasnt pregnant. I will have to try this fall.

I am sitting on a clutch from my friends female. Last year, she became egg bound. This year, she double clutched all on her own! She was only bred once.
See, shes making up for last year. 10 eggs look good.

Hey Jay, remember her?

Name:  my super hypo female3.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  174.8 KB

Name:  my super hypo female2.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  102.8 KB

Here are the parents of the clutch Im sitting on for a friend.
Name:  bobs female.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  158.3 KB
Name:  bobs high yellow hypo male.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  148.9 KB

Old 08-28-2011, 06:48 PM   #28
mister
One of my favorites ,thanks for taking thew time to post the beauties up, I enjoyed the pics and history alot, Rad species-it sux having limited space .,aaaarghhh!!!!

Old 09-14-2011, 12:20 PM   #29
reticguy76
any updates on clutches or clutches to be with these ones.

i finally stumbled across a nice male for my female and gonna give it a whirl this season.

i love love love these guys and even contemplating triming down my retic collection to focus more on these. love the fwc's !!!!

Old 09-14-2011, 11:03 PM   #30
nine0proof
9 babies out of the second clutch, thanks again Tom! Put up another pic of the male and see what people think. I does seem like the hypo gene works like a codom. From a hypo to normal there seems to be a few hypos. Really hard to tell when they first hatch out but a few are really starting to yellow up after a few sheds. Can't wait to see what a hypo to super hypo breeding will produce! Awesome species and everyone with the space should own one or a few! Lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!