High End Herps (Inquiry) - Page 17 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:52 PM   #161
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko_Den
I just took exception to the suggestion that the community was under some sort of "obligation" to vote "Bad Guy" based on something that may or may not be true.
I never implied an obligation to vote in the negative, rather an obligation to vote period.

Griz

Old 01-10-2007, 10:00 PM   #162
HerpVenue
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuscusking13
I don't know why you feel you must try to insult me, but hey no sweat off my back. I am who I am and I am happy with who I have become. I really thought you might have some legitimate quarrel with this Damon guy, but now that you have insulted me for no reason I question your integrity, as I have done you no wrong. Take care, Dan M.
A. No sweat off your back
B. Question my integrity because you thought I insulted you.

We were having a simple discussion. But if you question my integrity because you got insulted....well then you can NOT say "no sweat off my back"

You are right. My quarrel with Damon is absolutely NOT legitimate. we never had a deal. He Just lies about who he is and what he has. He just threatens people. He just breaks laws. So me having a quarrel with him is totally not legitamate. I should feel comfortable dealing with people like that.

Well I have nothing against you......... i think you need to harden up a bit if you were insulted by me. I actually thought the fact that you go against everyone to stand up for who you believe in is totally commendable. It shows your strong point. Unfortunately if you were insulted by a little sarcasm / joke....well that is not as commendable. I was just trying to get people to laugh in a thread that is too serious.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:42 PM   #163
Chameleon Company
Hey Richie,
Laughing with you here. Some folks take the written word a bit too seriously. Dan M., you need to lighten up just a bit. Sarcasm, and even a mild insult, if you see it that way, are not yet in the realm of integrity issues. Just a little disagreement in the BOI among men .

Old 01-10-2007, 11:25 PM   #164
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Company
Hey Richie,
Laughing with you here. Some folks take the written word a bit too seriously. Dan M., you need to lighten up just a bit. Sarcasm, and even a mild insult, if you see it that way, are not yet in the realm of integrity issues. Just a little disagreement in the BOI among men .
Dadgum-it Jim, I must disagree again with you on two points here.

First off, sometimes people feel guilty, you left that one off.

Second, Men and WOMEN, on the BOI.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:31 PM   #165
HerpVenue
Well to be honest.
I am quite disappointed.
I belive everyone who turns themselves around deserves a second chance.

I rember pulling for Damon. I even wrote to him about how good a job he is doing. He wrote back and tore me a new aXXhole saying I was condascending and that he never did any negative business or scamming or lied or the like. As aforementioned. A guess the words scamming / scammer differs from everyone vocabulary in regards to its definitions.

Well it has been long. I stayed out of the reptile world for a long time. I figured during my time out....that the world had changed and scammers turned themselves around. So I was hoping that Brian / Damon / Josh / David had turned himself around. I guess I was wrong. What a pity.

Anyway I am off for at least a several hours.
gotta upgrade to a bigger hard drive. Old one is acting funny.
I also gotta figure out how to hook up this new TerraStation, supposedly it comes with a print server built in. Also supposedly I can hook up my other external hard drive to it. and supposedly I can set it so I can access it from the internet. Wish me luck.

and to Dan M. I was not trying to insult you. that is what is difficult with printed word. You can't convey your true feelings

peace out.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:55 PM   #166
Laura Fopiano
Please excuse my PMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz
Daniel, you drove 3600 miles to deliver your animals? Instead of spending a few hundred to ship them you spend close to $1300 to deliver them? It's not that I don't believe you but there seems to have been better options as your disposal that would not have cost you so much. That's a lot of money to waste. Griz
But of course Bob, for the piece of mind and saftey of his animals....I say what a load!
Quote:
Here is why I cant support all those animals: I have -79 dollars in my checking, no savings, an empty tank of gas(more like an 1/8, but in a 10 gallon tank thats not much, and $20 in my pocket to last me till friday.
Quote:
It actually with gas, food, oil change, and two hotel stays only cost about 700, and for the piece of mind of knowing that they all arrived safely, happy, and the fact that I knew they were going to be cared for I would pay it 100 times over
Hey, I thought you slept in your car........
Quote:
I left Connecticut on Thanksgiving night at 11pm from Essex. I had to be back to work no later than 8am Tuesday morning. The night I left there was very heavy rain and the going was very slow. I got as far as PA and pulled into to a rest stop to sleep. I left the car on all night and sweated my you know what off, but the snakes were happy.
Quote:
Then we talked a little more, and gave him some info on all the snakes, ie what they were eating, how often and who put up with what. I promised to send him all their names, and feed records thru email as soon as I got back, which I did.
Well, I dont think that would be to tough to gauge.
Quote:
I just came to a point financially where I went to feeding every week to almost monthly because I could not afford it.
Quote:
In my business a sharp and clear mind is very important.
Yep, you're a real bussiness wiz aren't ya sugar.
Quote:
Believe me, I lost thousands on my collection, but they were like children to me and still are.
Quote:
Ritchie, If you want to call me a fool or stupid or too trusting, nieve, go ahead and say it.
Quote:
I sacrificed a lot for them in the past including poor living situations for myself, not eating a few days here and there to scrape the money together to feed them, I even rented a room in a house and gave it to them and slept in my car everynight, even in winter, and I would do it again if neccesary
Quote:
Ritchie, If you want to call me a fool or stupid or too trusting, nieve, go ahead and say it.
No please allow me. You're not only a fool.....but you honestly think that the folks on this board are!

Old 01-11-2007, 12:51 AM   #167
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Fopiano
No please allow me. You're not only a fool.....but you honestly think that the folks on this board are!
Don't sugar coat it Laura...tell us how you really feel.

Old 01-11-2007, 01:14 AM   #168
fuscusking13
Laura...

I am a little confused, I come on here and pour my heart and soul out, and you tear it up and say that I think people here are fools is incorrect. If I truly felt that way I wouldn't bother coming in here. I have a lot of respect for everyone, normally including you. I swear on everything I have which isnt much that everything in that statement is true. If neccesary I will post my bank statements and anything else you would want as proof. I can also give you phone numbers of people I rented rooms from and slept in their driveways and showered at their house. You can talk to my own mother who will tell you I did that because she doesn't allow snakes in the house and her and I dont get along under the same roof. I as i have said am honest with nothing to hide, and my faults as a person are no exception. I can admit my mistakes and only hope that others learn from them. As I said I have a lot of respect for you guys, and why there are differences in opinions from time to time that does not mean that thatopinion changes. I am curious why you feel I am a fool, and why I think those on here are. I got hotels on the trip so that I could shower, and also because my thermostat blew in my car on the way down. I am at my mechanics house right now and he can tell the day after i got back my radiator cooked and I payed $350 to have it fixed.

TO ritchie, I wasnt as insulted as you think just taken aback a bit. I see you are honest and appreciate it, and believe I can be as sarcastic as anyone, but just don't like to be sarcastic when someones livlihood is on the line( not to say that I don't appreciate it though). I have nothing against you and am glad you feel the same, and I do appreciate the apology although it really wasnt neccesary. I can get a little on the defensive from time to time. Anyway, I will be on for a bit before bed, if not I will catch up in the am. Take care as always, Dan M.

Old 01-11-2007, 01:25 AM   #169
HerpVenue
$700 for the round trip
$350 for Radiator

$1050 total. and you are out of snakes.

Now here is a thought.
Keep the snakes.
Keep the money.
They would be cycling on their own anyway. (you said so yourself)
Even if they don't cycle. You can feed them all on $100 a month.
Why feed them all on $100 a month? How do I know that is enough? Because you took them all in just one vehicle.
Breeding season is coming, if it is not here already.
POOF.....you still have part of that $1050
Poof you still have your snakes
poof you will have babies to sell for money.

And what happened to the enclosures you had? sell them and make some money

So your "sharpness in business" is not really making sense to me.

ps I discovered I can surf the net and still upgrade to the new hard drive in the back ground.

Old 01-11-2007, 01:28 AM   #170
HerpVenue
Your mother does not allow snakes in the house.
Did you know this before you spent THOUSANDS of dollars on your snakes?
Shoot, you were not even living in the same house as her.
So did you rent the room and then buy the snakes.
or did you buy the snakes and rented the room.

something is not making sense.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
brian smith, damon heynen, damon smith, high end herps, josh stewart