Bad Guy Dishonest guy Jon Boone (User name Geitje) - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:03 PM   #81
allesuberschildkroten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter_23 View Post
So refund all the money back, pay shipping back for one male gecko and let him keep the other male? Harsh penalty for not getting a juvie gecko sex right. At this point I would refund the cost of a female let him keep both males and improve on my communication skills.

And explain how that's harsh for the seller, when he misadvertised? All he is really having to eat is the shipping... Thats not harsh IMO

Old 12-17-2013, 11:03 PM   #82
Tankster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter_23 View Post
Ken that sounds like a fair and reasonable offer.
Ok, if most people think it is fair for Jon send the full refund to his friend in LA, I am happy drive to LA meet his friend with two geckos for the refund, now let's wait for Jon to see if he agree with that.

Wai

Old 12-17-2013, 11:13 PM   #83
Chris Kennard
Just read the good guy post about Jon that just cropped up with ten people going to bat for Jon. Seemed desperate. Question is, with all that turmoil Ihis life, how did he have time for all those transactions, yet didn't have time to better communicate with Wai? Lots of RECENTLY satisfied customers on the good guy thread!

Old 12-17-2013, 11:17 PM   #84
Tankster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
Just read the good guy post about Jon that just cropped up with ten people going to bat for Jon. Seemed desperate. Question is, with all that turmoil Ihis life, how did he have time for all those transactions, yet didn't have time to better communicate with Wai? Lots of RECENTLY satisfied customers on the good guy thread!
Yup, if he tell me his personal problem in Oct that he needs more time instead of ignored me, then I don't mind to wait longer time...

Wai

Old 12-17-2013, 11:19 PM   #85
kerrek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesherps View Post
I have over 20 species in my collection from Jon totaling over 60 geckos. On the rare occasion that I have had a problem Jon was more than reasonable about fixing the circumstance as have I on the rare occasion that he has had an issue with mine.

When you produce over a thousand geckos a year it's impossible to be 100% perfect. What counts to me is if the seller is willing to fix it. For the quantity of geckos he produces...you would see a lot of bad guy posts if he was actually that way. He's not...point blank. Your assuming that you are a victim from what is a fixable mistake.

As far as Jon's circumstance with his wife is concerned I will personally attest that it is a stress full circumstance for him. On several conversations he referred to her as his wife and not his ex despite them being broken up at the time. He's an honorable man. About a month ago on Face Book in the rare reptile classifieds he did a charity auction for a one time customer that had her car broken into. A single mom. Hardly a lack of character.

Posting things about people that are willing to fix a problem like this only makes people not respect you for it. Personally I would never want your business. Joe Hupp Australedonian Geckos
Yeah the OP is a terrible buyer. He orders a pair of geckos notices right away it looks like he got two males. Tells the seller the seller tells him wait till they get older you'll see its a pair. He waits for the month it's a male asks for a female. Drags on another month without his gecko finally asks for a refund and gets ignored for two more months and posts on here. Yup that sure is a high maintenance customer. Are you kidding me? I'd deal with the buyer way before the seller in this situation. It takes what 30 secs to send an e-mail? All the seller had to do was keep him in the loop and it would never have come to this. Your friend dropped the ball period. I'm sorry he had personal issues but personal issues or not he should still take care of his customer.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #86
Joesherps
Jon

Chris Kennard People are far more likely to trash talk you in this business than pay you a complement. The fact that you don't see people chiming in with them is a big sign. This is one issue from one person. You should probably take a step back and look at this with some perspective. Joe Hupp Australedonian Geckos

Old 12-17-2013, 11:52 PM   #87
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Chris Kennard People are far more likely to trash talk you in this business than pay you a complement. The fact that you don't see people chiming in with them is a big sign. This is one issue from one person. You should probably take a step back and look at this with some perspective. Joe Hupp Australedonian Geckos
I'm sorry. Didn't realize I was involved in a popularity contest. The difference between you and I is that I post here unbiassed. Perhaps you haven't read all of my posts here. I made it clear that I do not dispute Jon as being honorable. He dropped the ball, okay. But in light of the orchestrated good guy thread (who wouldn't), I have to wonder and question the personal sympathy slant when it didn't seem to affect all the transactions in the good guy post. What say you?

Old 12-18-2013, 12:01 AM   #88
Chris Kennard
Quote:
And for what it's worth, people have trashed me here for over ten years. And I'm just a hobbyist. But I guarantee, if I sold a reptile to someone and they weren't happy, I wouldn't use my personal life as an excuse to ignore a customer while catering to all the ones so satisfied in the good guy thread while this was going on.

Old 12-18-2013, 12:06 AM   #89
Joesherps
Jon

First off. Sitting around complaining about people you no nothing about doesn't make you look intelligent. Second Jon has been know for quality in the US and outside of it for over 30 years. Nothing was "orchestrated". Those are genuine people that know him or have bought from him. Nothing would stop people from complaining about him if there where issues? It's simply like saying Michael Jordan can't play ball. Has Jordan ever not made a shot...yea all of us have missed them on occasion. That doesn't mean we don't fix them. Go ahead and take the last word. I'm sure that's what makes you smile at the end of the day...sad. Joe Hupp Australedonian Geckos

Old 12-18-2013, 12:25 AM   #90
Chris Kennard
Quote:
First off. Sitting around complaining about people you no nothing about doesn't make you look intelligent. Second Jon has been know for quality in the US and outside of it for over 30 years. Nothing was "orchestrated". Those are genuine people that know him or have bought from him. Nothing would stop people from complaining about him if there where issues? It's simply like saying Michael Jordan can't play ball. Has Jordan ever not made a shot...yea all of us have missed them on occasion. That doesn't mean we don't fix them. Go ahead and take the last word. I'm sure that's what makes you smile at the end of the day...sad. Joe Hupp Australedonian Geckos
Funny, I don't remember "complaining about anything. I express my opinion like everyone here. The gift of gab you may pride yourself with won't work with me. I f you want to blast my intelligence, fine. Your first sentence required the word "know", not "no". Lastly, what makes me smile at the end of the day is that hundreds of people who may potentially read this thread in the future will not take you as seriously as you would like. Sorry. And yes, I believe that thread was orchestrated. Common sense. Number of posts in that time frsme. Opening statement. Come on.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!