Buyer Beware of Steve Ori Forgotten Realm - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 10:33 PM   #91
Darin Chappell
Steve Ori = someone with whom never to do business, no matter what!

Simply put, you were wrong in your initial reaction to this deal, and you have only compounded your errors by attacking this forum. If it were truly as insignificant as you would now like it to be, why did you respond in the first place?!?!?

You talked to JeffB? Oh, now there's a bastion of integrity and sound thinking! The fact that he's telling people has nothing to do with this site only brings joy to my heart.

BTW, some of us don't take a cussing very well . . .and some of us are definately not teenagers. You really ought to be careful about threatening people over the internet. Not only is it illegal, it is not smart either. Someone might just meet you at a show someday, and that could get very ugly, very quickly.

Old 04-29-2003, 10:36 PM   #92
Darin Chappell
BTW, I think officially have another member in the "shot himself in the foot" club!!!

Old 04-29-2003, 10:41 PM   #93
HerpVenue
Quote:
I have a number of friends there that would be more than happy to come and discuss it with you in case I can't make it

Okay.... he calls the big breeders to ask them to hold his hand and ask them what the right thing to do is....

And now he is gonna contact his friends and have them hold his hand and have them take care of his business.

I see three different instances of private messaging abuse.
each one carries six points...that is 18 warnings he should get so far.

and why does he keep bringing his family into this?
who cares about his family?

Old 04-29-2003, 10:45 PM   #94
HerpVenue
Quote:
Someone might just meet you at a show someday, and that could get very ugly, very quickly.
I am afraid he might hit me with his cane....
what is worse is he might use his walker to kick my butt

Old 04-29-2003, 10:45 PM   #95
sputnik
"shot himself in the foot" club!!!

Quote:
BTW, I think officially have another member in the "shot himself in the foot" club!!!
No way did he shoot himself in the foot....... well, actually he did do that early on and then just plain turned the gun on himself and blew his own head off!

He comes from LA......... don't they call that La La land? He sure seems way out there!

Old 04-29-2003, 11:22 PM   #96
HerpVenue
Quote:
Originally posted by A Forgotten Realm
Come on kids, you want to talk #### lets take it up a notch.
As you wish.
I was so scared of you that I decided to take it up a notch.
I forwarded your letter to your internet service provider.
I also forwarded a copy of your letter to your e-mail provider.
If they do not do anything...so be it.
If they do decide to do something.......

Well I am just a nobody.....they probably sent the complaints straight into the trash bin.

But whatever happens. you were the one who said those words up in the quotes

Old 04-29-2003, 11:29 PM   #97
sputnik
Quote:
I am afraid he might hit me with his cane....
Carefull Rich, he needs to get out of that nursing home first!

Old 04-29-2003, 11:30 PM   #98
jschoepp
Quote:
Originally posted by A Forgotten Realm
So far I've seen many willing to talk trash about me and try to ruin my business and my family. So far I've seen no one willing to give me their address so that we can sit down and discuss this like adults. Every guy on this board talks like he's some kind of hero, does this empress your girlfriend? Send me your add and we can take this to the next level and then you can really be a hero. I'm really disapointed about the people writing from LA. I was born there and your really giving the town a bad name. If you've got any balls you'll email me and not put it on this board. I live on the east coast what do you have to worry about. Come on kids, you want to talk #### lets take it up a notch.
You know what, this is rather annoying. Here is a guy claiming that he is an established breeder, and so on. Complaining about all these teenagers posting nonsense about him. The only posts I see that have obscenities and threats are from him. I read the BOI all the time. I buy alot of animals from people based on their reputation on this board. I read their replies to know more about the person I am dealing with. I am impressed when I see a breeder take a negative post about him, answer it professionaly and do the right thing (whatever it may be). For $100 you have completely ruined your reputation with me. If I were any of the other big name breeders on your list, I would try my hardest to distance myself from you.

Now on to your threats. I am a state investigator and if you'd like to meet regarding your posts I would be glad to. I also live on the east coast. I do not see why a 'hippee' would want so much violence. Also, I am 24. So now I am some kid that doesn't know anything. Interesting.

In a final note for Drew. If he hasn't already refunded your money, contact the state attorney in his state. File a complaint that you sent a deposit with a MONEY BACK GUARANTEE and did not receive your money back when nothing was offered that matched the description of your order. Tell them the dates, and provide PRINTED emails if they request it. If you happened to pay with PayPal file a dispute with them. If you sent the money through US Mail, you may also have some leverage there. Mr. Ori, since you are a business man, I am sure you understand the laws regarding fraud.

Hope this helps you Drew,
Joseph Schoepp

Old 04-30-2003, 12:23 AM   #99
WebSlave
I think this thread needs to calm down a bit. Actually a LOT.

Please, stop the threats, the profanity, and the "meet me out on the parking lot" macho BS right now.

And for the record, Mr Ori:

Quote:
I talked to Jeff Barringer and this is what he had to say about this site!!!!!!!!!!

>>>--- Jeff Barringer wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>The BOI is not our site. Not only is it
>>>>not our site, it is a web address that has been
>>>>blocked from being posted anywhere to our site
>>>>beacuse of the repeated and continued libel
>>>>and slander regarding our business, our vendors,
>>>>our users, and our staff.
>>>>
>>>>We are not involved with, part of, affiliated
>>>>with, or do business on any level with anyone
>>>>connected to that web site. We neither support
>>>>nor condone the activities that occur on the BOI.

You can take it or leave it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,
Steve Ori
A Forgotten Realm
Jeff Barringer's opinion carries absolutely no weight at all on this site. Nor with me personally. That was supposed to bolster your case? You might as well have quoted some guy standing on the corner begging for a handout as far as most people here are concerned. This site is doing quite well without his support or approval, thank you very much. I am completely baffled why you even went to him about your issue in the first place.

And if you get a chance, ask Mr. Barringer to list all of the sites that are banned from being mentioned on his site, and then find the common denominator among them. It has nothing at all to do with the content of the BOI, in my opinion.

And in closing, if no one pays attention to the BOI, then why are you here? And of those 2,429 viewings (so far) of this thread, you truly believe that every one of them is superfluous to your business? The business name you picked for yourself could very well be a premonition.

Looks like you have two choices: Fix the problem, or go with your gut feeling that nothing you have said here can affect you. Should be an easy enough decision to make.

But in any event cease with using this system to send emails and or private messages to the members here threatening them with violence, even implied.

Old 04-30-2003, 03:17 AM   #100
ms_terese
Calling all cool heads!

I realize how difficult it is for any person to not become defensive when they feel they are attacked. I'm trying to keep that in mind as I write this.

First of all.......Scott.......I've had my coffee, so no worries there

If I may digress to the original situation, I just want to make one point that I don't think anyone addressed yet.
Quote:
I will take male 2 or male 3.
Quote:
Tell me where your located, zip code, and which way you'd like shipping and I'll give you an exact amount to paypal or overnight Money Order.
Quote:
Can I get it for 450 shipped. Thanks
OK, everyone can debate forever what qualifies as a stripe, a reverse stripe, a polka dot, whatever. The fact is that I can understand why the seller may be viewing this as a buyer that backed out. Now, how many of you have taken a deposit for an animal, had the buyer back out, and agreed to refund the deposit?

This is just my thought on how this matter may have gotten started. In looking at the big picture, I think I will agree with most and say that I would end up refunding the deposit. However, can ANY of you see that Mr. Ori's first thought would be "no refund of the deposit when you back out of a sale"?

So, I can see how this started. What I can't understand is how it's progressed to this point. As I said, I understand defensive behavior. This has gone far beyond that. This is some sort of acidic verbal regurgitation, and it needs to stop.

Mr. Ori, I'm no teenager. I'm a grandmother. I have reptiles, and have had for 11 years now. I buy them. I sell them. I breed a few. I'm a member of Fauna. Am I disqualified from being your customer? Why is it that when your breeder friends advised you to give a refund it was stellar advice, but when people here stated it they were idiots for not understanding what a deposit was for in the first place?

I'm fairly certain (unless I misjudged your initial posts ENTIRELY) that when you began hurling insults at the masses here on Fauna, you were really only aiming at a few because you felt your business ethics were being questioned. I hope you can see that doing either (hurling at just a few or the whole flippin' lot of us) was a bad choice, and I hope that you can make a sincere apology without justification of your behavior. "I'm sorry, but..." just doesn't cut it. Whether or not it damages your business is certainly open for debate; however, whether it does or doesn't will not change the fact that your words were uncalled for, inaccurate, unprofessional, and simply NOT NICE.

Drew, as I said, I believe that in this situation I'd give you a refund. However, please explain WHY you picked an animal and then changed your mind? If this question has already been answered, I apologize.

Mr. Ori, one more thing:
Quote:
or do business on any level with anyone connected to that web site
I'm here to tell you that's not true. Fauna members buy and sell from Kingsnake every day...Jeff Barringer takes their money for that privilege every day...that constitutes doing business. I'm sure that even he has noticed that his actions have cost him some of that business, but he has not turned down money from Fauna members.

Now, before I jump off this next bridge, I would just like to point out that it's probably no coincidence that there are very few posts from females on the last several pages of this thread; the testosterone is dripping off the screen here, fellas. I'll say it again....I understand how easy it is to become defensive when one feels under attack.... but please stop, think, and re-read before you hit that "Submit Reply" button. Threats notwithstanding (as I believe any threat should be handled appropriately and taken seriously), most insults are not worth responding to. Don't reduce your behavior to match that of someone you don't respect!!

As for the degrading remarks about Fauna itself....well, it's almost comical, isn't it? If a person believes that a site is useless, inhabited by teenagers, idiots, and the like, and has no consequence to their business........why would they bother coming here? Not only coming here to watch the aforementioned teenagers, idiots, and the like........but coming here to post, vehemently try to convince the teenagers, idiots and the like that they HAVE NO BEARING ON THE REAL REPTILE WORLD??? Pointing out that the *important* people don't give Fauna any validity? It's either because A) they're reptile industry evangelists, trying to lead the dimwitted away from the fictional reptile industry/community/world into the real one, or B) they're threatened by the site. Gee, this is a tough choice, eh?

I'm stepping off my soap box now....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread