Looking for good spots in or around Woodbridge, VA - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Old 06-04-2005, 12:20 AM   #1
QuesarVII
Looking for good spots in or around Woodbridge, VA

Hello all,
I'll be in Woodbridge, VA for one night, and would like to go out herping around dusk. I'm looking for corns, rats, kings, or milks. Any recommendations for a place in the area? I'll be there 6/8. Anyone want to join me?

Old 06-08-2005, 10:53 PM   #2
QuesarVII
Well.. I'm in Virginia right now. I just got back from my herping. I went to route 629 near Manassas. I don't know the exact name of the town I was in, but it was exit 152 from 95S. I took the first left, and then a right at the 4 way intersection (straight has a dead end sign). Anyway...

1 yearling Black Rat
1 adult Eastern Worm Snake
1 Fowler's Toad
1 squashed turtle that I didn't bother to id
1 DOR Black Racer- adult female that was gravid.. her eggs were squished on the road around her-looked like a cat got to it after being run over... people suck!

This was all found in about 2 hours! Every other trip I've taken I've bombed out.. but this time I found stuff! The eastern worm snake was a big surprise to me.. I never thought I would find one of those since they are so secretive. The worm snake was found under a small fallen log about 30 ft off the road. The other 2 and the toad were found road cruising.

I took pictures of all 3 snakes and the toad. I'll post them once I go home tomorrow night.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!