Bad Guy Exotic Pets (Ken Foose) - Page 20 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:56 PM   #191
Uroboros
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilesplus View Post
yes ken i signed up for an account few months ago and i do have an account # i spoke with someone at fedex and they told me i had to sign a wavier with fed ex and they said non venomous species are ok to ship. also i am not saying my animals are better then anyones. the whole point of me and you getting into it was that no one is perfect we all make mistakes in the business we just have to work together at fixing things and not attacking each other.
I'm sure they also told you that you had to submit a package for them to certify as well.

I see you state that "they told you...." but nowhere do you say that "I did..."

Old 04-02-2009, 07:00 PM   #192
lanceheads
Quote:
also as far as me violating the lacey act It was the first fedwildlife,eral law protecting and is still in effect, though it has been revised several times. Today the law is primarily used to prevent the importation or spread of potentially dangerous non-native species. which i dont ship those kinds of animals without the proper permits. thanks for the concern though.
No, the ESA was the first law protecting animals. Lacey act came later, and you clearly violated it when you shipped.
You are not going to win any argument here Victor because you have zero creditbility.

Randal Berry

Old 04-02-2009, 11:34 PM   #193
reptilesplus
Ken Foose Vic, answer my questions about your quality control for the animals you sell

i am answering your questions ken here on your thread any more questions?

Old 04-03-2009, 09:05 AM   #194
KJUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads View Post
No, the ESA was the first law protecting animals. Lacey act came later
Lacey Act of 1900
Black Bass Act of 1926 (extends the Lacey Act to cover game fish)
Endangered Species Act of 1973
Convention on the International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora in 1974 (Just for comparison to the ESA).

You were only off by 73 years or so.......lol. Not that it matters AT ALL in 2008 which one came first.
KJ

Old 04-03-2009, 09:10 AM   #195
KJUN
Quote:
Today the law is primarily used to prevent the importation or spread of potentially dangerous non-native species.
I have issue with the term "primarily." Those might be the cases that get the most media attention, but the Lacey Act is still used to enforce state wildlife laws and regulations on the federal level when the perpetrator crosses state lines! That, after all, is the original intention of the law. It was designed to help prevent illegal market hunting. It terms of snakes, it is (for way of example) to prevent someone from coming to Texas, illegally collecting ratsnakes off of Texas roads, getting them out of Texas into another state like Nevada, and then selling them from Nevada. Texas can't do anything in that case, but the Feds can thanks to the Lacey Act (as amended). I would still say that is the primary function of the Lacey Act in these united states today.

KJ

Old 04-03-2009, 12:32 PM   #196
garweft
Quote:
also as far as me violating the lacey act It was the first federal law protecting wildlife, and is still in effect, though it has been revised several times. Today the law is primarily used to prevent the importation or spread of potentially dangerous non-native species. which i dont ship those kinds of animals without the proper permits. thanks for the concern though.
Did you look up the Lacey Act on Wikipedia??

Just go ahead and cut and paste some more arguments. You can get started HERE.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:45 PM   #197
Ken Foose
Sure Vic, go ahead and answer my questions here. This bad buy post is not going to hurt me too bad I hope. If it does, that's the price I'll have to pay to make you look like an idiot. So, what protocols do you use to ensure the health of the animals you get from your suppliers, and to ensure their good health when received by your customers? Please go into detail, I love details.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:55 PM   #198
lanceheads
KJ,
You were right. I meant the Lacey added "protected" species that were covered in the ESA.
Before that the Lacey Act mainly covered plants, etc. from crossing state lines to prevent cross-polination and introducing "harmful plants such as kudzu etc. The Lacey Act has been amended many times since the inception of the ESA.

Randal Berry

Old 04-03-2009, 06:59 PM   #199
KJUN
I'm not sure when plants were added, but I think that would have to be in the 60's or later. Originally, it only said it was a federal violation to cross state lines with wildlife illegally harvested in either state. Wildlife was often limited to "game animals" in the terminology of those times, too. Shrug?

Old 04-03-2009, 07:57 PM   #200
bradleymoore
let this thread go already.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!