Info Rodentpro - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-18-2011, 03:28 PM   #31
Dennis Hultman
It really depends on what type is diagnosed.

Quote:
Understand Reptile Parasites Dr. Klingenberg
Quote:
Pinworms are very common, especially in lizards and turtles. These parasites have a direct life cycle and are acquired by exposure to fecally contaminated food and water.

Pinworms usually live in the lower GI tract and cause little overt disease. Obstruction and impactions have been reported in iguanas and tortoises.

Diagnosis is based on finding eggs on fecal flotation. Treatment consists of giving Panacur orally, at a dose of 25-50 mg/kg, once a week until negative stools are obtained. [usually about 2-3 weeks IME]

Mouse pinworms are often seen in stools of rodent-eating reptiles. These eggs came from the ingested rodent and the eggs are passed through the GI tract. Mouse pinworms do not cause disease in reptiles.

Old 07-18-2011, 03:35 PM   #32
rcpreis3
I dont know where u got lizards from rats, but ok. Ive never taken a wild caught animal and fed it to anything in my collection. That was just a idea I had because Ive noticed alot of people with colubrids that wouldnt eat rodents and had quite the abundance of anoles in my yard. I myself dont even keep colubrids. And I cant picture feeding a 4 inch anole to my 3 foot balls.

I considered that they could have come from a local guy until I realized some of my snakes who have them dont get fed the live, only the live feeders do.

And I thought I found semi local breeder but they could never pull through with an order. Id send what I want and then never get a response. Which is why I still use Rodentpro.

And yea before I havent had problems with Rodentpro. But if parasites are infact in their rats they I do know have a problem with them.

Old 07-18-2011, 03:38 PM   #33
rcpreis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpreis3 View Post
I dont know where u got lizards from rats, but ok. Ive never taken a wild caught animal and fed it to anything in my collection. That was just a idea I had because Ive noticed alot of people with colubrids that wouldnt eat rodents and had quite the abundance of anoles in my yard. I myself dont even keep colubrids. And I cant picture feeding a 4 inch anole to my 3 foot balls.

I considered that they could have come from a local guy until I realized some of my snakes who have them dont get fed the live, only the live feeders do.

And I thought I found semi local breeder but they could never pull through with an order. Id send what I want and then never get a response. Which is why I still use Rodentpro.

And yea before I havent had problems with Rodentpro. But if parasites are infact in their rats they I do know have a problem with them.
But if parasites are infact in their rats, then I do now have a problem with them

Old 07-18-2011, 03:42 PM   #34
Lucille
Quote:
But if parasites are infact in their rats they I do know have a problem with them.
The problem with calling their name prior to being reasonably sure is that may cost them a LOT more than gathering samples if people choose not to purchase pending results.

I believe notifying them of your thoughts might have been a better path.

Old 07-18-2011, 03:48 PM   #35
TriangleReptiles
This thread seems so premature and disproportionate. First, you feed live to some of your animals, but assume the problems stems from RodentPro? Then, without any PROOF that they are the source of YOUR infestation, you go to this website and smear their name?
If it is such a problem, why haven't you contacted RodentPro? Or are you satisfied just to smear their name?

Old 07-18-2011, 03:52 PM   #36
rcpreis3
And let people risk feeding contaminated animals to their stock? I do respect u and ur opinions but can't agree with them. If this had been posted as a bad guy thread I woulda already been talking to them and if something didnt work out, they woulda known it was here by me. This was meant for people who already have rats in their freezer and to be sure they are safe.

Old 07-18-2011, 03:53 PM   #37
Lucille
Quote:
So that means that Rodentpros feeders have parasites and they are selling these animals as clean, safe feeders.
There was no 'if' here, you stated this as a fact. If it is false, they may mention words like 'libel' to you.

It is important how you present situations.

Old 07-18-2011, 03:56 PM   #38
rcpreis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsnake1 View Post
This thread seems so premature and disproportionate. First, you feed live to some of your animals, but assume the problems stems from RodentPro? Then, without any PROOF that they are the source of YOUR infestation, you go to this website and smear their name?
If it is such a problem, why haven't you contacted RodentPro? Or are you satisfied just to smear their name?
Why are u acting like this is a bad guy thread? And like I said before, I have snakes in my collection that eat f/t, never had a live rat from me, and still have worms. So that pretty much knocks out my live provider as a suspect. I said right in my first post that im waiting for tests and that people should be careful until I have results.

Better safe than sorry.

Old 07-18-2011, 04:00 PM   #39
rcpreis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
There was no 'if' here, you stated this as a fact. If it is false, they may mention words like 'libel' to you.

It is important how you present situations.
I should have wrote that differently and I do apologize. But theres isnt much else that could have got my snakes infected.

Old 07-18-2011, 04:00 PM   #40
Dennis Hultman
Doesn't matter if you feed them to the snakes. Where did you setup this wild caught lizards that were running around your yard?
Also, it all really is a mute point to you find out what type of pinworm.

Reptile, rodent, ick human... Who knows. I don't even know if for sure its pinworms to you get your results back.

But something else to consider is your snakes can have them for a very long time without showing signs. And they most certainly can climb back up the vent. You simply don't know until you get your results back.

Quote:
I dont know where u got lizards from rats, but ok. Ive never taken a wild caught animal and fed it to anything in my collection.
Because you don't even know what type of parasite you have yet and either can be the cause.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!