Moonstruck Cages....Customer Service? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-05-2004, 08:13 PM   #11
STUART
Yea Im stil waiting for all of mine from 2003!!!!!!

We struck a deal for some cages and trades back in September 2003! I sent the animals first then paid cash before I got any cages. As of October 2004 Neil still owes me 5!! I received 10 cages between October 2003 and now two of which didnt come with turn buttons for the doors. Sorry Neil I know you had some troubles but had to post. Ill post back if I ever get my cages. I did notice one of the animals sold at kingsnake a couple months back.

Stuart Lichty

Old 10-05-2004, 08:55 PM   #12
Sunshines2day
Thanks for all the feedback.

You all have told me exactly what I needed to know. I am not interested in sending them my money until they get their act straight.

Thanks,

Linda Misch

Old 10-05-2004, 09:53 PM   #13
napavalleysnakes
Dang Mike you have bad Luck !

Mike - Thanks for the address info. Stuart, a year for your cages ? Wow, you must have the patience of Jobe ..

Regardless of whether Neil and Lisa have had problems, communication is mandatory when you take money for a product and never supply it ! Ignoring e-mails and phone calls tells me they don't care about the deals they made, and don't intend to honor them !

Anyways, I will be filing charges tomorrow morning with both the California and Oregon authorities. I've given ample time for them to contact me via e-mail or by phone, so now I just consider that transaction to be another one of those deals where I took it in the shorts. At least filing charges should prevent them from accepting money from anyone else for non-existant cages.

Stephen Emerick
Napa Valley Snakes

Old 10-06-2004, 12:39 PM   #14
napavalleysnakes
Moonstruck Exotics

I just finished speaking with the Milwaukie, Oregon Police Department (503) 786- 7400, and was told that they do indeed have an internet fraud department, and that to investigate this situation with Neil and Lisa (of Moonstruck Exotics) they will need for myself, and for anyone else who has been stiffed (on paid for cages), to go to your local police department and file a complaint of which a copy will be forwarded to them (Milwaukie Department) for investigation. I'll be filing mine when I get off of work...

Stephen Emerick
Napa Valley Snakes

Old 10-06-2004, 01:13 PM   #15
asutherland1
My bank gave my account a provisional credit based on a pending investigation that they will be conducting. So I don't know if I have grounds to file a police report still, but hopefully the investigator for my case will. Keep us posted on how things turn out, or if there is anything I can do to help.

Old 10-06-2004, 09:46 PM   #16
tmorrispvms
Good thread guys. I should've been checking here more frequently. I'll simply give facts here. I ordered 5 4 foot cages early May of 2004 (based on a recommendation from a friend). I was told 3-4 weeks would be the time needed to fill the order. Well I got 4 of the 5 cages (they've been trickling in slowly from Late June through mid August. We are now going on 6 months and I'm still awaiting delivery of the last cage. I too have sent frequent emails and made several calls - Neil did call me back tonight but had to go and said he'd call me right back and I didn't hear back from him. We still have no resolution. I strongly agree that the responsibility is fully his to let his customers know what's going on and at the very least give us the chance to set a deadline delivery date or get a refund. Not a good experience to say the least - a real shame because the cages are nice.

Regards,
Tim Morris

Old 10-06-2004, 11:11 PM   #17
napavalleysnakes
Quick Update

Neil has contacted me (he called me tonight) and explained his situation. He has promised to rectify things and will either be shipping the cages or delivering a refund on the money received within two weeks. Also, I'd like to give a big thanks to a great guy for assisting on this, Mike Weitzman (Basically Boas) I owe you a beer there bud !

Stephen Emerick
Napa Valley Snakes

Old 02-17-2005, 09:10 AM   #18
leoscat
Angry avoid at all cost!

I had orderd a BLACK cage from them back in June 2004...took 3 months to get the cage and it was white....Neil sent an email saying he had an idea how to rectify the situation and then I never heard back....no answers to multiple emails or calls...it's been 8 months! It may sound petty, but now have one dorkey looking white cage on top of an enitre rack of black Boaphiles...stick with boaphilles! they are worth the wait....don't know what's up with Moonstruck, but thats no way to run a business...

Old 02-17-2005, 09:12 AM   #19
leoscat
sorry, forgot to add my name...
Lisa Campbell

Old 02-18-2005, 01:22 AM   #20
Paul Huang
I tried Moonstruck one time. I ordered a black 6' cage from them and requested that they put double locks on each door since I was to be housing venomous animals in them. It took about 5 weeks to get my cage. Before they shipped, they told me that the doors only had one lock and asked me to try t that and they would refund my $25 for the extra locks. I said that was fine. When I received it, I noticed a major crack in the caging (photo below). I contacted them with photos and they said they would send me a solvent to seal the crack. That never happened and I never got my $25 refunded to me either.

The cages themselves are nice but don't support weight above very well. Even rubbermaid cages with snakes in them will warp the top. Needless to say, I would never deal with them again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!