Has any one heard of the 4h club??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-02-2006, 01:08 PM   #1
crimsonexotics
Has any one heard of the 4h club???

I have a person claiming to be one of the "leaders" of the 4h club, has any one heard of or done business with them?

Old 10-02-2006, 01:15 PM   #2
HerpKeeperVA
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonexotics
I have a person claiming to be one of the "leaders" of the 4h club, has any one heard of or done business with them?
I've heard of them, they're pretty active in our area as a youth group teaching agriculture and farm animal care. My suggestion to you would be to look up their web site for contact information, and verify that the person in contact with you is in fact affiliated with them before doing business. Is this person trying to buy or sell? And what? Is it for the organization? I've never heard of them dealing with herps, but that doesn't mean they don't. Any more information would be helpful.

Old 10-02-2006, 01:20 PM   #3
crimsonexotics
She is trying to buy some dragons and an albino green burm from me. Do you know there website?

Old 10-02-2006, 01:25 PM   #4
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonexotics
She is trying to buy some dragons and an albino green burm from me. Do you know there website?

4Husa.org

Old 10-02-2006, 01:35 PM   #5
HerpKeeperVA
http://www.fourhcouncil.edu/

That's their main web address. If you know the city or county that she claims to be with, you can do a search for that locality and get their individual web site. What is she purchasing these animals for? Is she trying to get a discount, saying they're for the organization? If so, I'd definately do some homework before selling her at a reduced price.

Old 10-02-2006, 01:45 PM   #6
Cat_72
There are a LOT of smaller 4H groups that don't have websites or anything like that. There can be many "leaders" in every county, and some are group leaders, and some are county "project leaders". I was the dog project leader in my county for many years.

Old 10-02-2006, 02:39 PM   #7
TripleMoonsExotic
*scratches head*

I'm curious why this was brought to the BOI.

4-H is like the girl/boy scouts.

Old 10-02-2006, 03:53 PM   #8
HerpKeeperVA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic
*scratches head*

I'm curious why this was brought to the BOI.

4-H is like the girl/boy scouts.
It seems he wasn't familiar with the organization. And in a way, it's good he did look into this, especially if they were looking into discounted animals (which he hasn't answered that question yet). It's sad to say, but people could easily pose as someone from any group to get this kind of deal, and be no way affiliated with the organization they claim to be buying for. If the buyer is just paying regular price, maybe looking into it was a bit much. Maybe I'm just paranoid. Remember what's-his-face a few weeks back, collecting morphs for his rehab kids to breed?

Old 10-02-2006, 03:56 PM   #9
Wilomn
4H is not much of a presence in bigger cities.

You find it quite active in rural and farming communities.

It's a generally well respected organization that has no real public problems with how it is seen or what it does.

IF the guy is legit, then it's a good way to help out the community.

Old 10-02-2006, 04:01 PM   #10
TripleMoonsExotic
You know what's funny about this coming up now? I was just discussing with my mother (whom was a 4-H leader & takes care of the county's Entomology club now) about starting a 4-H Reptile & Amphibian club because none exist & I feel it would benefit the younger generation. I'm currently in the process of negotiations with the head of our area. Keep your fingers crossed for me. You may see my work in your county 4-H halls!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!