Bad Guy Fluker Farms AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE! Filthy - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-18-2012, 04:07 PM   #61
TattooLost
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrek View Post
There are over a hundred larva in that picture and no there shouldn't be that many in the order period. She paid for crickets not beetle larva 5-10 per thousand I would put up with getting that many in an order of 3000 crickets isn't acceptable.
If there were even 200 larvae in that picture, according to her statement she received less than 200 crickets. As I said, that picture doesn't prove her statement as she typed it. AGAIN, I'm not saying she didn't get a bad order. I just think she blew it WAY out of proportion and exaggerated immensely.

Old 02-18-2012, 04:45 PM   #62
ChaoticNightsReptile
I ordered once from Fluker back in 2008, i did get a high # of dermestid larva, but the crickets weren't too bad. I just didn't order from them again. I mostly order my crickets from Ghanns these days.

I have had all sorts of unexpected critters in my cricket shipments, spiders, various beetles, roaches, a chinese mantis and once a h. frenatus juvenile.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:25 PM   #63
Pmsayi
Sandra,
I've ordered from Flukers in the past and I to have had bad shipments. It is what it is. I have since moved on and found a supplier I am happy with. I do feel that they did try to make it right with you. A refund is acceptable and I personally feel you have acted unreasonably to the situation. Why is it whenever somebody has a problem these days they the first thing they think is to get the government involved to deal with it? Grow up. If your that unhappy with the service you where provided try a different provider and move on with your life.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:11 PM   #64
mikepanzarella
man i wish i got that many beetles in my order when i use to get crickets from flukers i might have to start again but yes if she was looking for crickets then it should be replaced or refunded but on a lighter note sell them you can get more for them then the crickets i use them in with my crickets and other feeders to keep it clean and every now and then to clean a skeleton (reptile not human lol) its fun to mess around with articulating

Old 02-23-2012, 10:47 PM   #65
aoldham3
LONG POST

So, I just got into buying crickets in bulk. I ordered from bulk the first time and things were great.

Then I found Fluker Farms and they were cheaper so I tried it and ordered 250. The first batch came with about 100 crickets, 40 or so dead ones, a bunch of those worms (not to the extreme as that picture), some beetles, and one GIGANTIC spider.

I called about the low number and they were very nice. Sent me a new batch at no charge.

Then, the next day, upon discovering the spider, I called again. They had me send them a picture of it and then told me that it was a yellow sac spider. This is a poisonous spider. I am terrified of spiders (especially ones as big as this one). They apologized and explained that because they cannot use pesticides or any other chemicals, these spiders are a problem. Again, they were very nice and patient. They then sent me another shipment and gave me a full refund. I didn't ask for either. I only called because I was concerned that this spider was dangerous.

I probably will go back to Ghann's just because they seem more organized and their crickets were very healthy and there were no extra friends in the shipment. I will say that the customer service at Fluker Farms was amazing to me.

I created an account just for this post because I was wondering if giant spiders are normal with cricket breeding. I have researched the worms and beetles and found that they are very normal and even helpful. But, I have not found out any information on spiders.

To the person who started this. I am so saddened to hear about your experience and to see the picture. You really got unlucky. I would agree with the folks telling you to calm down. This happens. It does not make it right but, in order to get kindness, understanding, and respect, you must first give it.

I do highly recommend Ghann's but, will also say that I plan on keeping the worms from this batch for when I get my shipment from Ghann's. The smell difference is amazing!

Old 02-24-2012, 12:00 AM   #66
Chris Kennard
Yellow sac spiders are somewhat common in my area and very unwelcome. Many spider bites here are blamed on the brown recluse which is not indiginous to this this area because the sac spider causes similar symptoms but on a smaller scale. They can cause sores that last for a long time, some bites causing necrosis. However they are far from "gigantic". Normally an inch or less with legs extended.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:11 AM   #67
Snake-Queen
I go through roughly 3000 crickets a week & roughly 500+/- die before they are eaten. So, I would like a few of those beetle larva, especially if it improves the odors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoldham3 View Post
I do highly recommend Ghann's but, will also say that I plan on keeping the worms from this batch for when I get my shipment from Ghann's. The smell difference is amazing!

Old 02-24-2012, 01:10 AM   #68
aoldham3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
I go through roughly 3000 crickets a week & roughly 500+/- die before they are eaten. So, I would like a few of those beetle larva, especially if it improves the odors.
It does. I definitely notice a difference. I was keeping only about 80 at a time and the smell was terrible. Now, with 250 plus the larva, no smell. I am assuming that it is the larva doing it because they eat the dead crickets.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:46 AM   #69
mikepanzarella
yeah i use the beetles with the crickets to eat the dead ones and also use vermiculite it helps cut down the smell i order 7-10k crickets every 2-3 weeks and it helps alot to cut down the smell

Old 02-24-2012, 03:29 PM   #70
ssshane
Quote:
I still have not received the refund they claim they gave me.

I may have missed it, but was the refund ever actually received?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!