Info Global Captive Breeders - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:40 AM   #11
ShadowAceD
I would just like to point out the obvious ...

He confused you for someone else. Meaning ... you are not the only person to have animals die and he is confirming this. Whether it be a three months or not ... it's suspect.

Good luck with him righting the issue for you, though I'd not hold my breath.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:49 AM   #12
JudyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post

He confused you for someone else. Meaning ... you are not the only person to have animals die and he is confirming this. Whether it be a three months or not ... it's suspect.

That logic doesn't necessarily follow. He got his customers confused, but that doesn't mean the other customer's lizard died.

The buyer bears some responsibility in this if he did not examine the lizards when he got them, or shortly thereafter. I can understand not wanting to stress them out...ok, so don't get them out just to play with them. But one NEEDS to give every animal you purchase a thorough looking-over to make sure it is, indeed, what you expect it to be. Sex needs to be checked (if it can be told)...animals need to be checked for any injuries, deformities, signs of illness, AND external parasites.

If you went THAT long without looking that closely at them, then I do believe you bear some of the burden of responsibility in this.

Does that absolve the seller of HIS responsibility of misrepresenting animals? Absolutely not, and I hope you don't take my words as saying so. So far though, you haven't actually proven that the monitor had ticks and that those ticks could not have come from your place. I'm not saying you have to do this immediately, but if the seller comes on here and denies all culpability, you need to be prepared with pictures and documentation from the vet.

Good luck. I know that's a lot of money to be out. I hope you get it worked out to your satisfaction.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:49 AM   #13
bad-one
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post

That's the biggest thing that stuck out to me...

Old 12-13-2010, 10:31 AM   #14
Ameivaboy
I just want to point out that the tree monitor complex is well known for not doing well in captivity. Most of the imports do not survive long in captivity. One considering purchasing them should be aware of this. They come in heavily parasitized, dehydrated and stressed.
An immediate vet check should be done when acquiring them.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:06 PM   #15
SIGNATURE DESIGN EXOTICS
[quote=JudyC;1165998]That logic doesn't necessarily follow. He got his customers confused, but that doesn't mean the other customer's lizard died.

The buyer bears some responsibility in this if he did not examine the lizards when he got them, or shortly thereafter. I can understand not wanting to stress them out...ok, so don't get them out just to play with them. But one NEEDS to give every animal you purchase a thorough looking-over to make sure it is, indeed, what you expect it to be. Sex needs to be checked (if it can be told)...animals need to be checked for any injuries, deformities, signs of illness, AND external parasites.

If you went THAT long without looking that closely at them, then I do believe you bear some of the burden of responsibility in this.

Does that absolve the seller of HIS responsibility of misrepresenting animals? Absolutely not, and I hope you don't take my words as saying so. So far though, you haven't actually proven that the monitor had ticks and that those ticks could not have come from your place. I'm not saying you have to do this immediately, but if the seller comes on here and denies all culpability, you need to be prepared with pictures and documentation from the vet.

Good luck. I know that's a lot of money to be out. I hope you get it worked out to your satisfaction.[/Q

i did look them over to besure that all thre toes and tail were there. i watch them to make sure that there was no limping and such. as far as the ticks tho they must have been small when they came in. i know i didn't get them here cause i only keep cb animals and i'm 100% sure that they are. i have never even seen a tick on a herp till i got the blues. also if you look at the e-mail that i'll post after this reply it sounds fishy to me that he's not having some kind of problems with his monitors.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:11 PM   #16
SIGNATURE DESIGN EXOTICS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameivaboy View Post
I just want to point out that the tree monitor complex is well known for not doing well in captivity. Most of the imports do not survive long in captivity. One considering purchasing them should be aware of this. They come in heavily parasitized, dehydrated and stressed.
An immediate vet check should be done when acquiring them.
i'm very aware that they are hard to care for in captivity! thats why i spent aover a 1000$ on there setup alone. misters, herpstats,hides,uvb/uva bulbs, ceramic heaters everthing to besure that they would feel safe and sucure. on top of that i was told they were cb so they shouldn't have had the problems of wc animals right?

Old 12-13-2010, 12:13 PM   #17
SIGNATURE DESIGN EXOTICS
got this email last night:

I have pulled all my monitor ads from Kingsnake and will never offer them again. The only Blue Trees that I have are my breeding colony's males. They are in perfect condition, have been treated with Flagyl and have always fed on rat fuzzies. When the weather is better, I will send one to you, completely at my expense.

Mitch

Old 12-13-2010, 12:18 PM   #18
SIGNATURE DESIGN EXOTICS
[quote=JudyC;1165998]That logic doesn't necessarily follow. He got his customers confused, but that doesn't mean the other customer's lizard died.

forgot to mention that when i talked to him about the first blue that died he told me that he had this problem with another customer and it did die. he said that the females seeme to be stressing out and would die. mind you that these are cb animals and adults now. wouldn't they be somewhat less likly to stress at this point?

Old 12-13-2010, 01:15 PM   #19
JudyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptileman25 View Post
forgot to mention that when i talked to him about the first blue that died he told me that he had this problem with another customer and it did die. he said that the females seeme to be stressing out and would die. mind you that these are cb animals and adults now. wouldn't they be somewhat less likly to stress at this point?
I don't know...the only thing I vaguely know about blue tree monitors is that they're delicate and difficult to care for.

It certainly SEEMS like you received something less than well-established cb animals. And it seems like the seller is realizing that they're not as easy to sell as he thought they would be and is willing to work with you to some degree or another....so pulling out all the stops to prove your case may not be necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by from e-mail quoted above
... The only Blue Trees that I have are my breeding colony's males. ...
This does make me wonder what happened to all HIS females. You don't have a "breeding colony" if all you have is males.

They really are beautiful animals. I hope you get one that is healthy and able to thrive for you.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:25 PM   #20
SIGNATURE DESIGN EXOTICS
i'm talking with a well known breeder now and hope to get a pair of cb babys. i have asked mitch to just refund the one blue thinking it is more then fair since i'm still out the other one. i'm waiting to hear back from him now so we'll see.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!