Largest/Best U.S. Expo? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:43 AM   #1
Yaz23
Largest/Best U.S. Expo?

I was debating whether or not to jump on a plane for a weekend and check out another states big show. Obviously it would have to be a very large and good expo otherwise I wouldnt be wasting money on a plane ticket/hotel and throwing my weekend down the drain for a lousy expo! So question is: Which show is the largest/best anywhere in the U.S. I live in Orlando so dont say the National Breeders Expo in Daytona, I go to that one every year. I want an expo thats not in FL!

By the way, are there any shows that are equivalent or bigger than the National Breeders Expo in Daytona (as in size-amount of vendors-etc)?

Old 05-05-2010, 01:49 AM   #2
Gary O
Any of the NARBC shows... Tinley is nice!

Old 05-05-2010, 02:40 AM   #3
StrictlyExotics
Yaz, even the Reptile SuperShows on the West coast arent bad. San Diego is a great city to get away for a couple of days too but, its so jam packed in there that its hard to shop. I would recommend the SD show simply because you would be on a mini vacation and its a great city to go to as well.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:53 AM   #4
shinezilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary O View Post
Any of the NARBC shows... Tinley is nice!
I would have to agree, although alot of the vendors on the East Coast didn't make it the for Tinley's February dates, it was still pretty decent. Brian puts the NARBC together pretty well... And the auction after the show is good times

Old 05-06-2010, 01:43 PM   #5
Yaz23
Are the shows you all mentioned the same size of the Daytona show (or bigger)?

Old 05-06-2010, 04:08 PM   #6
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaz23 View Post
Are the shows you all mentioned the same size of the Daytona show (or bigger)?
I do not think the Reptile super shows are in the same ballpark as Daytona. With that said, you are spoiled that you can go to Daytona every year

Old 05-06-2010, 06:47 PM   #7
Yaz23
lol! Yah it is awesome going to Daytona every year! Last year we booked a bad condo suite in a resort on the ocean for 3 nights. It was INSANE with our private jacuzzi, like 4 rooms, full kicthen, and service like we were royalty haha! Party this coming show for whoever wants to join! lol!

Thanks everyone for their input! Ill check those shows out! What are the best dates/seasons for those shows?

Old 05-06-2010, 07:35 PM   #8
StrictlyExotics
I am going to attempt to make it to Daytona this year. Really depends on how I am feeling and if I have some funds to burn on something odd this time around.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:09 PM   #9
KingBowser
I would kill to go to Daytona every year. I've never even been once.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:26 PM   #10
AbsoluteApril
Daytona is the one show I've been wanting to go to for years. Once out of debt I'm planning a trip there to see the show. I had always heard it is the biggest in the country.

The IRBA shows in L.A. (SoCal) were always pretty nice and big but that was 12 yrs ago, does IRBA even still put on shows? I would also recommend the San Diego show that Dean is talking about, I believe it's the biggest (or one of the biggest) shows in CA. Plus San Diego is a pretty sweet place to visit and enjoy the Pacific.

On another website pictures were posted of the Chicago ReptileFest which is more educational than commercial, but it looks big and like a lot of fun:
http://amazon-alliance.com/forums/in...3&topic=1838.0

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!