Another obvious one... Mark & Kim Bell - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-13-2004, 10:09 PM   #1
Ken Harbart
Another obvious one... Mark & Kim Bell

Well, the Tampa show turned out to be pretty good for meeting old friends & acquaintances, as well as making new ones.

It's been about ten years since I talked with Mark or Kim. That was way back in the Great Lakes Herp Society days.

Mark wasn't there, but Kim was quite the engaging conversationalist, despite the hectic rush of customers from all sides and having to pack up a sizable order for someone else.

When all was said and done, I walked away with a pair of het ball pythons and a male Boa constrictor longicauda. Without me asking, Kim pulled out each and every one of the het pieds she had with her, and gave her honest thoughts on each animal.

It was only after we finished picking out the het pieds that I noticed Kim had brought a couple pairs of longicauda to the show. Coincidentally, I needed a male to pair up with a lone female currently in my collection. Also coincidentally, Mark & Kim's longi's happen to be Lincoln bloodline, which is exactly what I was looking for anyways.

Mark & Kim have worked long and hard to establish the great reptutation they have, and it is one of the most well-deserved in the herp trade.

Old 03-13-2004, 10:52 PM   #2
kenchat046
Thumbs up ........ my own Mark Bell story

I went to the Colombus,Ohio a couple weekends ago. I took a new unusual female ball I recently acquired. Hoping to find someone there to give me an opinion, I saw Mark. He took a look at her and gave me his honest opinion. Many years ago, Mark helped me along the path by selling me a pair of rosy boas at a show in Syracuse,NY. He was always a great guy to buy from but more importantly, he always had time for anyone to just talk. I asked many questions of Mark at shows and it helped me to become a better vendor once I started doing shows.

It was my pleasure to see Mark in Ohio and I also traded him some albino rosies and a nice male kenyan for a beautiful pair of snow kenyans. Thanks Mark!!!!

Ken

Old 03-14-2004, 12:08 AM   #3
screamdreams
Without a doubt..

Mark & Kim Bell are two of the nicest people in the industry!! I've been lucky enough to talk with them on an almost weekly basis for 9-10 years, and they've always treated me with kindness, honesty, and pure generousity - whether it's sharing knowledge on specific animals, husbandry, etc. to hooking me up with top shelf animals every single time!!! I think all of us in the hobby who know them or even of them all very grateful for evrything they've done to improve the hobby!!! A++++++++ in my book!!!

Old 03-14-2004, 02:01 AM   #4
Ken Harbart
I should also mention that Mark & Kim have big balls. This is the '03 female het pied that I picked up in Tampa. The male is just about the same size.

Old 03-14-2004, 07:58 AM   #5
Dembinski Reptiles
Good people

Hi,

I also completed yet another deal with Mark at the last Ohio show. I got a Ghost male and Het. Ghost female. Mark gave me a fair price on some very nice animals. BOTH ate the same night. This is about my 3 deal with them since Oct. and Ive been very pleased with each one. Ive also done deals with them in the past and never had a issue with their quality. Thanks !

Old 03-14-2004, 09:46 AM   #6
Gary O
Great People

Mark and Kim or a corner Stone in the Herp world. I have 6 Rosey boas I bought off them over 4 years ago. And they breed like rabbits lmao. First time I met them I was in awe. I seen stuff I never have and Kim offered to let me see anything even though she knew I could not buy half of them lol.

Old 03-14-2004, 10:12 AM   #7
Amy Truman
I have never personally dealt with the Bells,
but I am the proud owner of one of their tangerine leucistic leos.
My friend placed a order through them and I bought one off her.
All I can say is that everything I hear about the Bells must be true, because this animal is incredible!!!!
I want more!!!!

Old 03-14-2004, 11:00 AM   #8
napavalleysnakes
Thumbs up The Bells - A+ Breeders !

I've dealt with Mark and Kim for years. They produce some of the nicest animals on the market, and are always fair in their pricing.
Easily some of the best breeders in the business !

Thanks,

Old 03-14-2004, 02:36 PM   #9
Ophidiophile
Thumbs up

I bought my first snakes from Mark - amel and het Sonoran Gophers - at a show in Michigan in '89. Those snakes were some beautiful pituophis and the female double clutched every year for me for many years. Thirteen years later I purchased an amel Japanese Rat Snake from Mark & Kim which has been a beautiful, trouble free animal that will breed for the first time this season (hopefully!) I have nothing but good things to say about Mark & Kim. And I love the fact that for the 15 years I've seen him/them in business, he continues to use the same logo :-) ! They are A++++ herpetoculturists and businesspeople!

Old 10-11-2008, 10:42 PM   #10
The BoidSmith
We just picked-up a couple of morphs from Mark and Kim, very nice animals and great people to deal with.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!