Bad Guy Snakes at Sunset (Miami) - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:31 PM   #121
Iraqvet
.....If this guy was local to me,there would be no way in heck I would go in there..Our local petshop guy is a real bung hole...He gives no guaruntees,has outrageous prices,and keeps his animals in the smallest cages he can cram them into..You would think the smaller places woud try to one up places like pet smart (eeww)....But hey,their failure hurts me in no way..

Old 03-25-2010, 03:34 PM   #122
Snakesatsunset
Iraqvet- we have guarantees, good prices(for retail, not internet retail), and have pretty nice cages. We do One up Petco and Petsmart in selection, quality, and price. They also refer pretty much any reptile inquiry/purchase to us.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:47 AM   #123
CMB Reptiles
I received a great order with this company today. The packaging was excellent and all the animals look perfect. I have only done one order, but I have a good feeling about them.

I have not read this whole thread, but it all started with a snake with mites. In any store with any sort of volume you are going to get problem animals. To take a picture of ONE snake and post it really doesn't mean much. You cannot know the time frame, and I seriously doubt the owner had the snake sitting there for very long. But if a snake comes in bad, it takes a little time to make things right by it. Sometimes even long enough for somebody to take a picture.

Thanks for the great animals!

Old 02-08-2011, 11:48 AM   #124
CMB Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris78 View Post
I received a great order with this company today. The packaging was excellent and all the animals look perfect. I have only done one order, but I have a good feeling about them.

I have not read this whole thread, but it all started with a snake with mites. In any store with any sort of volume you are going to get problem animals. To take a picture of ONE snake and post it really doesn't mean much. You cannot know the time frame, and I seriously doubt the owner had the snake sitting there for very long. But if a snake comes in bad, it takes a little time to make things right by it. Sometimes even long enough for somebody to take a picture.

Thanks for the great animals!
Sorry my full name is Chris Brown

Old 02-09-2011, 10:25 AM   #125
Manny
I frequent Snakes at Sunset on a regular basis. I have had numerous dealings with Mike and all have been great! Great prices, service, and healthy animals. I have no negative comments about them.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:47 AM   #126
tim m
I will say I respect you doing what you are doing and keeping a reptile store open in the local community. But bottom line Mike you and your father are very rude to customers. I sat in front of your father for 45 min waiting to get one med rat. I had no questions, I asked for 1 med rat. i was told to hold on. As time pasted I asked for the rat yet again and put 10 dollars on the counter and said keep the change. Your father continued to place the whole store order. And when I walk in your store you DO NOT greet me with a hello but a “what do you want”. Doesn’t seem like much customer service to me.
And when I sit back and watch you call one of your young volunteers a fat f***. Like really this kid was helping you out 5 days a week for four hours a day for 2 rats. No way to treat a 15 year old kid helping you!
Ive kept my mouth shut about this and read this for months going on. But really you bought the store and that whole week you sat in that store prior to taking over saw me working in there, I come in the next day and I didn’t even get 15 crickets for my dollar you gave me 13 and when I went back in to say something you looked at me and said “give me the crickets here’s your f***ing dollar back”. And when I commented the dead corn snakes your employee said oh yea I know. And a week later it was still there! Same thing gos with beardies and your uromastyx. And you smacking the crap out of the skunk for biting you was a little cruel. And the iguana that would jump on people and scratch them isnt professional. and everybody’s right you sit on the computer and customers have to seek your attention. There’s many other incidents the list gos on and on I really hope that store gets better there way to many people that have nothing good to say. People that live right across the street from your store rather drive 120 blocks to pangea doesn’t that say something to you?. Hope this constructively helps you run a better and more efficient business!

Old 02-25-2011, 04:59 AM   #127
offroad537
if you knew the snake had mites why was it for sale. why wasnt the snake in the back of the store. i think your trying to cover your tracks. if that snakes had mites im sure other snakes in the store had mites. it only takes couple days to treat mites.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:20 AM   #128
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad537 View Post
if you knew the snake had mites why was it for sale. why wasnt the snake in the back of the store. i think your trying to cover your tracks. if that snakes had mites im sure other snakes in the store had mites. it only takes couple days to treat mites.

If you actually read the thread you would know the answer

Old 02-25-2011, 09:13 AM   #129
GreenCountryHerp
I purchased a GTP from a petshop(will not disclose which one) and it had mites all over it when I recieved it. I used the Prevent-a-Mite on her and followed the directions to the letter. Well it is not 3 years later and she is thriving. Sorry to get off the main subject, I just wanted to help people from getting misinformed.

Old 02-26-2011, 08:39 PM   #130
jdecker94
i got a story about "mikey b". so i bought a baby yellow monitor, 250 shipped, no biggie, it died after 24 hours, he said he was sending me another, he nvr did. he tried ducking my calls, i had to call from 4 different phones to be able to talk to him. so i had to go thru paypal complaint center to get my money back, ill vnr trust that scum again, today at my local show i bought a yellow monitor thats almost green for 230 with the nicest body size, hes so green its almost wierd. but anyway mike barrera screwed me over and failed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!