Another joker from West Africa: nice try buddy! - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 01-12-2005, 10:57 AM   #51
LotsaPetsGarfHt
WOW Lindsay

My flashbacks ended years ago....Hope you enjoyed it.

Old 01-12-2005, 07:45 PM   #52
LotsaPetsGarfHt
I got a reply right away.

Kimbi replied to my e-mail this morning right away and sent, a care sheet as a down load, here is his e-mail followed my my answer

Hi John,
This is the care sheet I send with the lizards.This will also help to care for other species you will later have.concerning the birds I don't know anything about it,but I gave your friend E-mail address to one bird dealer in my country who supply birds to morethan 20 people every week.Here is the information I ship the lizards with.So you need to go and send the money now so and send me the transfer details for me to collect it and pay the shipping company for caring the lizards to you,feeding and everything they have been doing.Immediately I get the money,I will pay the ahipping company and they will deliver the lizards you.You will never regret doing business with me.This I promise you.
Best Regards
KIMBI

Kimbi,
The care sheet you sent will not down load for me, you need to e-mail it, in text form. I have to leave for the zoo now so, since I still don't have the care sheet or the phone number or contact information on Jet-A-pet shipping lines I can't send the money back out. you need to get these 2 pieces of information to me as soon as possible so I can send the money again and get my lizards. I at least want to see the care sheet so I know they are taking care of them right.
Tell your friend with the birds he needs to learn how to do business right, You have brought me shame because of how he's treating my friend. I would not give him any more business since he doesn't know how to treat people properly. You should go over to his place and talk to him. While your there have him take a photo of you with a klingon specker, I still want to see you with a klingon specker.

John

Then later I recieved a very basic care sheet for all types of lizards, but still no information on Jet-a-pet shipping lines, can you imagine that? Here is the e-mail minus the Care sheet since its rather long and very general, wait until I tell him its too general and I think the lizards are going to die. the line below was added to the bottom of the care sheet like he typed it, but the English is perfect, I'll answer him tomorrow, and he's not going to like it.

So you can go now and make the transfer.
Kind Regards

Kimbi

Old 01-12-2005, 09:28 PM   #53
cominis
Omg

this thread is so hillarious! I thoughouly enjoyed reading it! And can't wait for the rest to unfold...and yes you are right, it is like a soap opera....

Thanks!

Stephanie

Old 01-13-2005, 12:51 AM   #54
The BoidSmith
John,

You can tell Kimbi you have been calling Jet-A-Pet but they have no information of any shipment of lizards. That you need to provide them with a copy of the attached form (from their website) filled with all the pertinent information. It will be really interesting to see how far he will go with this.
Attached Images

Old 01-13-2005, 01:46 AM   #55
starwarsdad
Why, oh why did I not find this thread earlier? This is great stuff :ROFL:

Old 01-13-2005, 08:40 AM   #56
LotsaPetsGarfHt
My latest reply to Kimbi

To be totally honest I didn't think Jet-A-Pet was real! There really is such a company, I was so sure I didn't even try to find any information on it, Thanks to Alvaro, I decided to check. He'll probably runn like hell now.

Kimbi,
I just contacted Jet-A-Pet Shipping Lines, and they have no record of you sending the Lizards, I had the man triple check and they don't have them. They do have a tracking system, and he told me I need the JAPSL tracking number to check on the lizards, they could be at any point of entry.
That care sheet is BULL SHEET, where did you get that from? What part of the care sheet are they using to care for the Uwangi fallenoffi? If they are not taking care of them properly they are probably either sick or dead by now.
I was going to go and send the money again today, but you have not done as I asked, I need the tracking number, and need to talk to some one from Jet-A-Pet, I guess we could start over if you have more lizards but I can't take the ones they are holding its been too long. I would also like to see a photo of you holding Uwangi fallenoffi, so I can be sure they are the right lizards.
I also need your address, and phone number, Western Union said that would make it easier to contact you when they have the money.

John

Old 01-13-2005, 08:47 AM   #57
herpetological
Jet-A-Pet is a holding company for other airlines. They usually hold dogs, cats , birds etc. while awaiting transfer to a flight. I'm not aware of them being a direct carrier themselves.

Old 01-13-2005, 09:42 AM   #58
nicolai
jet-a-pet info...

They are a legit animal transportation company...

JET-A-PET, a provider of domestic and international pet, dog & animal transportation & travel services, was founded in 1987 by Mel Goldman, an active member of the PHA (Professional Handlers Association) since 1967. Mr. Goldman became involved with shipping show dogs throughout the world from his boarding, grooming and training facility Town House for Dogs and Cats in Westport, CT. which he operates with his wife Sandra.
LICENSED AND INSURED
USDA Reg. Intermediate Handlers License - #CT 16-H-011
We are compliant with the regulations of the
Animal Welfare Act in all phases of our work
I P A T A - Independant Pet & Animal Transportation Assoc. International, Inc.
I A T A - International Airline Transport Association
P H A - Professional Handlers' Association
A B K A - American Boarding Kennel Association
E R C - Employee Relocation Council

1-888-JET-A-PET

http://www.jet-a-pet.com/

Old 01-13-2005, 02:35 PM   #59
Jungle Gems
John...

...I definitely think you should send Kimbi some money, just not *your* money. Ever get e-mails from the other Nigerian scammers who want to send you a fake cashier's check (though they fail to disclose this information) well above the amount you are asking for an animal that you have for sale? You should bait one of these scammers as well, tell him to send you a check made out to Kimbi Whatshisface for "tax reasons" and then send Kimbi *his* check. Kimbi will be thrilled to receive a check for around $500.00 over his asking price. Tell him the extra is "for his trouble", as undoubtedly the original sender of the check will tell you. Kimbi will cash the check and get taken for "X"-amount that cannot be traced back to you but to another Nigerian scam artist. The scammer gets scammed by another scammer and you get the satisfaction of knowing that you made it all possible. Just a thought!

Jennifer Webb
(Jungle Gems)

Old 01-13-2005, 03:19 PM   #60
ShannanD25
Jennifer,
That is a great idea. I can't wait to read more on this....it was a great laugh today at work!
It actually took be a bit to realize what the lizard's name was really....and English is my first language!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!