Tremper or Bell? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-25-2005, 11:49 AM   #1
JSDeVaudry
Tremper or Bell?

We've been going over this one on another forum, and thought I should ask here to get people's opinion. I'm not planning on breeding this guy anytime soon, but I'm curious to know if you can tell whether he's a tremper or Bell albino just by how he looks. Here are some pictures

him as a baby

Him now.

Pic of his eye.

Any opinion will be appreciated

Old 05-25-2005, 12:22 PM   #2
Manhattan Herps
i would call that a bell for sure, judging by pattern, the eyes are the problem..

Old 05-25-2005, 01:20 PM   #3
g&mgeckos
The brown color and the dark eyes make me think it's a Tremper. But I wouldn't bet on it.

Old 05-25-2005, 02:38 PM   #4
Blazin
Tremper

I'd honestly say Tremper. Although at first glance I thought for a second Bell. My Bell's eyes are considerably lighter in coloration that the one picture. As hatchlings there is no question what your looking at when you view a Bell's eyes. They are intensely red that just stands out amazingly. Also Bells are by far extremely more sensitive to light than trempers. I can't be 100% sure but I'd say Tremper again!

Old 05-25-2005, 02:47 PM   #5
robin d.
i have to agree with chad, at first glance it had a bell look to it but upon seeing the other pictures and eye shot looks tremper to me

Old 05-25-2005, 03:59 PM   #6
bro paul
Because of the pattern, I'll say Bell. As far as the eyes go, I have some Bells with very "tremper" looking eyes. But then again, most of my Bells definitely have more red-eye than other strains of albino I own.

Old 05-25-2005, 04:30 PM   #7
JSDeVaudry
His eyes were really alot more pink when he was young, but seemed to change when he got older. I should've taken a pic of his eyes back then, but I had a hard enough time getting him to keep them open long enough for this one, it would've been hard when he was little. I'm considering getting a female Bell eventually, so when I'll breed them, I'll know for sure.

He's really giving me a headache :P

Old 05-25-2005, 07:14 PM   #8
magick-bears
Question How about this one?

Y'all were so great about helping JS I thought I would post a couple of pics of our unknown Albino. I am going to try and get some eye photos latter tonight. I think that he is a Tremper but his pattern really throws me.

Thanks,
Jeff C.

Old 05-25-2005, 09:06 PM   #9
Blazin
Tremper

I'd say Tremper again.

Old 05-26-2005, 12:11 AM   #10
robin d.
ya tremper

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!