NYC Woman Finds Python in the Toilet - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:53 AM   #1
wcreptiles
NYC Woman Finds Python in the Toilet

And yet another toilet snake.
---------------------------------------------------------

NYC Woman Finds Python in the Toilet
Wednesday, October 17, 2007

NEW YORK —

There was no Halloween bogeyman in the closet for one Brooklyn woman _ just a 7-foot-long python in her toilet. Nadege Brunacci was washing her hands in her bathroom before dawn Monday when she glanced back and saw the slithering serpent peeking out from her toilet, most of its body hidden in the pipes.

"I turned on the light and screamed," Brunacci, 38, told the New York Daily News. "It still makes my heart race."

Brunacci slammed down the lid, put a heavy box on top of the toilet and began calling for help, which came from her landlord and firefighters. Plumbers had to tear apart the downstairs neighbor's pipes to capture the snake, she said.

It's unclear how the snake made its way into the pipes.

Brunacci, a restaurateur, says she gave the snake to a friend who keeps it as a pet and named it after her.

Brunacci says she started using her daughter's training toilet after the scare in her third-floor apartment. And when she brushes her teeth, she said, "I'm looking over my shoulder."

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Oct...Python,00.html

NYC Woman Finds Python In The Toilet
(CBS) NEW YORK As far as nightmares go, this one's got to be right up there.

It's late at night. You get up to use the bathroom and guess what's waiting for you in your toilet?

Terror in the form of a slithering 7-foot python.

"He was swimming here," Nadege Brunacci said. "A big snake in my toilet bowl."

Last week, Brunacci was minding her own business -- doing her business -- in her Brooklyn bathroom when she peeked in the pooper and saw the massive snake.

"I thought I was having a hallucination," Brunacci said.

The serpent's head was staring up at her.

When asked what it looked like, Brunacci wasted little time.

"It looked like a python swimming in my toilet sir," she said with a laugh.

Needless to say, Brunacci felt a little flushed.

She said she called for help but no one believed her. Imagine that ... no one believed there was a 7-foot python in her toilet. Go figure.

"We just closed it and we put the biggest thing we had on top of it," Brunacci said.

She said the FDNY and some plumbers came after she flushed it down the toilet.

Eventually they removed the thing from a section of pipe right in the apartment downstairs.

No one knows where the snake came from or how it got there, but Brunacci says she's just glad it's gone -- if not forgotten.

"I just hope he's no more," she said. "And I do wait a long time now."

The snake is now at a Brooklyn animal retreat, which promised to find it a proper home -- most likely with a reptile rescue organization upstate.

http://cbs4denver.com/watercooler/wa...291000742.html
--------------------------------------------------------

And they have to include the most menacing picture of a python in the news article they can find! I doubt if that's the actual snake.
Attached Images

Old 10-18-2007, 09:19 AM   #2
shrap
In toilets, in packages, in rental cars, etc, etc.

Why? Why cant this happen to me just once?

Old 10-18-2007, 03:45 PM   #3
reptikes
Shrap, i was thinking the same thing!

Old 10-18-2007, 10:52 PM   #4
RJK890
No Doubt

Hey,
Here is a link to the story on AOL. I wish that I would be so lucky as to open my toilet and add a seven foot retic to my collection, or maybe then I could be on t.v., the news, the internet and have my five minutes of fame...Hmmm, (guess I'm just suspicious by nature.)

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/woman-d...00010000000001

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!