Venomous reptile laws/regulations VA - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #1
4riscorn
Question Venomous reptile laws/regulations VA

We are thinking of adding a hot to our collection. We have been doing research on keeping and handling for 3 yrs. But we can't seem to find regulations on specific species as to what is legal/illegal to keep. I have a permit for my current snakes so i didn't want to email them so we aren't put on a watch list or something. We are looking at Eyelash Vipers and Copperheads. Leaning towards the Eyelash. But don't want to do anything that could cause us to lose our animals, license and permit. Anyone know where I can find out anything?

Old 02-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #2
Focal
I know certain legal snakes in one county can become illegal in the next county over.

You can check out www.VaHerps.com if you want. There are a few venomous owners that are fairly familiar with both the snakes and the laws.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #3
Focal
Here's some stuff that pertains to Virginia and Venomous on the site:

http://www.vaherps.com/f3-venomous-discussion

Old 02-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #4
Focal
Here's some great info from VHS. They have a plethora of knowledge:

http://www.virginiaherpetologicalsoc...plaw/index.htm

Old 02-18-2013, 03:04 PM   #5
4riscorn
Thanks Nick!

Old 02-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #6
4riscorn
Oh and I tried about 15 times to register on the Vaherps page and it kept sending me back to the beginning. Maybe it isn't mobile ready

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!