Good Guy lll reptile - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-31-2010, 10:00 AM   #31
ajc
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumboa View Post
they have a large variety of animals but the inverse is they look like they are packed in the cages.
Interesting - I was just there not too long ago and what I saw was just the opposite. The animals were housed in small groups, if not individually, and everything was clean and healthy.

If you want to see animals packed in the cages, walk into a petco and ask to see the ball pythons or boas - they'll probably have several of each in the same cage.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:38 PM   #32
pei8147
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyKID123195 View Post
(Qoute) The snake arriving with mites was their fault...you not being there when the package arrived was not. What was the cause of the snakes death...was being left outside contributory?
__________________ it probably has something ti do with it but as a responsible company they shouldn't have given the instructions that it COULD be left outside. i have missed 2 other shipments from other companies and they didn't leave it outside, they took it back and reshipped it and notified me of the new time
So you've missed 3 shipments before? Sounds like you need to be more concerned with the safety of your animals! Even as a newbie reptile owner, I know to make sure someone is home to collect animals from shipment. Its not like you aren't aware they are coming.

Good grief. I'm surprised you haven't lost more critters in shipping!

William

Old 07-31-2010, 01:47 PM   #33
dumboa
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
Interesting - I was just there not too long ago and what I saw was just the opposite. The animals were housed in small groups, if not individually, and everything was clean and healthy.

If you want to see animals packed in the cages, walk into a petco and ask to see the ball pythons or boas - they'll probably have several of each in the same cage.
well the petco here has like two ball pythons in it. but i know what your saying. there ball python setup has like 15 or 20 ball pythons in it. I have never been to the escondido store though so i cannot speak for them.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:07 PM   #34
dumboa
I will say this. the cages are clean and the animals look healthy...it just doesnt look right.
the last time i went up there and asked them about a snake...one of the employees said "oh they suck" and laughed. I don't consider that information on the species or anything helpful.
But to each their own. they have a following and have some pretty cool stuff. I just would not shop there again.

Old 11-28-2010, 12:05 PM   #35
Giantsfan24
As a dry good supplier or non-snake source, I would consider them. But the high volume they do leaves them wide open to mites, as I have personally witnessed. That's not to say every snake or even the store is constantly infested with mites, but be aware of it. Even though mites have become much easier to deal with with the newer methods of Nix and Hypoaspis Miles, they still are a pain and if you have a really large snake collection, I would recommend against LLL UNLESS you personally witness a mite treatment for your animal in store.

What LLL does is great prices. Their service is about middle of the road. Not bad but not fantastic. It all depends on how busy they are, but for the most part, the employees are nice and willing to help.

Old 11-28-2010, 01:43 PM   #36
Keith Northrop
Talking Bad CrazyKid No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyKID123195 View Post
(Qoute) The snake arriving with mites was their fault...you not being there when the package arrived was not. What was the cause of the snakes death...was being left outside contributory?
__________________ it probably has something ti do with it but as a responsible company they shouldn't have given the instructions that it COULD be left outside. i have missed 2 other shipments from other companies and they didn't leave it outside, they took it back and reshipped it and notified me of the new time
Woah.......You do have the right to remain silent.......Shouldn't be a problem
with a foot lodged there.......Bad KrazyKid.....No!No!

Old 11-29-2010, 04:48 AM   #37
Behindblueyes21
Has anyone had issues with snake mites from LLL?

Every animal (snakes) I received from LLL has had mites. Don't know if that has happened with others, but with snakes- they have all been covered in mites.

Once I quarantined and cleared the animals of having mites, they are now healthy and happy.

The customer service I talked too seemed concerned that the mites were there, but now at reptile shows when I look at their boas, pythons and some colubrids, I can find mites in the temporary containers. Not saying DON'T buy- just saying BEWARE. Purchase Provent-A-Mite if you buy from LLL, and QUARANTINE! (just as you should buying from anyone)

Old 02-25-2011, 01:06 PM   #38
Dbz4246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindblueyes21 View Post
Has anyone had issues with snake mites from LLL?
Yes I have, I bought 2 corn snakes and a hypo nic from them and they all had mites, it took a while, but the infestation finally cleared. And as a side note one of the corn snakes died about 4 weeks after I purchased, the little guy just seemed really weak and had a hard time trying to swallow any food.

But I used to buy supplies from them, and they were always great about the dry goods, but needless to say, I have not bought from them in a while.

-Jessie O

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!