Bad Guy Joey Carpenter - The Snake Room - Txsnakeroom@comcast.net - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:10 PM   #11
bayoucityboas
Well sounds like she is in good hands now.

I would also like to hear from Joey, I have looked and thought about buying some of his animals hear recently.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:20 PM   #12
bear
I sent Joey a link to this thread immediately after posting it. His only response to it is listed above in the emails. His excuse for the snakes condition is that people were interested in the boa so he didn't feed it expecting to ship. I don't buy that at all, this boa has been neglected far longer than a week or two, and I would personally rather feed the animal and tell a buyer to wait a few days to ship rather then starve a boa...

He also said I did not mention the mites when I first got her... Anyone who has been in the biz long enough to have dealt with mites knows if someone wipes them off it takes 2-3 days for the eggs sent with the animal to hatch, which is exactly what happened in this case, not a single other boa in my collection has mites.

Yes that link above is to the same person this thread is about.

Update on the arab boa. She has eaten for me once and is being treated for mites. She seems very weak and lethargic still, I think I overestimated her condition at first. Although I have rehabbed much much much worse so I am not too worried about her. The rat pup she ate has me pretty hopeful.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:26 AM   #13
Focal
Good luck! Everytime I send a snake I always try to make sure it has at least been fed some time within the last week before it ships. I don't understand the logic behind not feeding it unless it's less than 24 hours of dropping it in the box.

Old 03-01-2011, 09:03 AM   #14
Matt2979
I'm actually more comfortable letting a snake be empty for a solid week; two is even better during colder months. But I don't hold an animal without a deposit so why would I not feed it, HOPING that someone would but it? Makes no sense to me. But I don't believe that's even the case here. As already mentioned, that poor snake went a lot more than a week or two without food!

Good luck with her Alberto! And thanks again for pointing out the poor ethics of the this seller!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!