Info Reptiles n Critters selling B&W tegu for over $2000 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-26-2011, 01:07 AM   #1
OneLoveReptiles
Reptiles n Critters selling B&W tegu for over $2000

What is up with this. Is this seriously what the hobby has become, selling an argentine black and white tegu for over $2,000...mislableled, and there seems to be a dropped tail in the lower right hand corner of the enclosure.

http://www.reptilesncritters.com/bla...su-adult.html#

Old 02-26-2011, 02:36 AM   #2
Abish
Did you try to call it to their attention? Maybe whoever runs their website made an error. I know I've clicked on the wrong picture when posting before.

Whether that is a fair price for a monitor or not I have no clue, I'm not invovled with monitors in any way.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:42 AM   #3
Abish
First other animal I clicked on had a messed up photo (albino sinaloan was not an albino). I'd say sloppy web-site until there is other evidence of a deliberate scam.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:44 AM   #4
Abish
Heh, their ghost ball looks like they accidentally put up a ghost bull. It's like a scavenger hunt for herpers.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:48 AM   #5
Abish
Ah, Reptiles N Critters is actually RC Enterprises. Ok, lazy webmaster AND bad guy. I stand corrected. I'd forgotten they were those guys (generic name, hard to keep straight) until I saw the copyright on the bottom of the website.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:50 AM   #6
foz223
im looking at their website right now and i am noticing some very big errors. to start, they have normal retics for sale but they have a pic of a burm instead of a retic. not to mention that the normal tiger retics they are selling have pictures of an albino tiger. thats seems like false advertising to me. someone who may not know the difference may think they are buying a very nice purple albino tiger retic (pictured) but are in fact buying a normal tiger retic. someone needs to get their facts strait before advertising on a website like that. thats just my opinion but i call it like i see it and its open for all to see. take a look at the site for yourself i guess.

Old 02-26-2011, 04:09 AM   #7
bloodlustindulgence
Blue Tree Monitor Pair Varanus macraei
The Blue Tree Monitor inhabit the Aru Islands of New Guinea, living in an arboreal habitat. Their skin color is completely black, lending the monitor its name.
Availability: IN STOCK
Animal Size: Adults
Price: $2499.99

blue tree's skin color is completely black for sure, and 1250$ a piece... really? I'd have to say careless would be correct

Old 02-26-2011, 04:18 AM   #8
Foschi Exotic Serpents
And the spider ball is a blood python.. The blue eyed leucy is not their picture.. The het bel is an actual bel.. Etc etc.. Oh my god these people are messed up. Something like this could be detrimental too. It could cause people to mis identify snakes and not know what's what.

Old 02-26-2011, 04:40 AM   #9
RachelSS
I like how the picture for their python category is in fact an Emerald Tree boa. LOL

Old 02-26-2011, 11:39 AM   #10
garweft
The vast majority of the pictures are not theirs. Not sure if they have permission or not but I typically take things like that as either proof of a scam, or laziness..... neither are good when dealing with a reptile dealer.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!