Do not do buisness with Gene - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-31-2004, 08:19 PM   #1
Rogers Reptiles
Angry Do not do buisness with Gene

I bought a ball python from Gene located in Tampa, it was sold to me as CB adult female ball. when I recieved the ball it had two ticks on its face and will not eat, often signs of WC balls, it was also shipped horribly in a airborne espress envalope box, not in a 9x9 or 12x12 box with styrofoam and newspaper. When I contacted him (via email) to let him know of the problems it took him almost a month to respond, when he responded he told me to let him know how to make it right, so I said please either replace the snake wtih a feeding CB or give me my money back and pay for shipping of his WC.

Now I can't get a hold of him; either though emails or the number he gave me, now the number is dissconected.
If anyone knows Gene please let me know how to get in touch with him, I feel like I got scamed by this guy. I would advise no one to do buissness with him.

His email address is Karesfunzone@aol.com
and the number he gave me is (813)231-5069 (dissconected)

Thanks for any help, Josh Rogers

Old 08-31-2004, 08:43 PM   #2
Neil Gubitz
Josh.... how bout a little help here, in order to MAYBE help YOU out.... What is Gene's last name??.... What's his address??.... There are probably thousands of "Gene's" in Tampa.... How much did you pay for her??.... How did you pay for her??.... etc, etc, etc, etc....

Neil

Old 08-31-2004, 09:14 PM   #3
Rogers Reptiles
Unhappy

I payed $90 dollars shipped for her, we payed via paypal.
He never left his last name and my brother though out the package he sent that had his address, I will keep doing more research on him and if I find a last name or address I will post it right away

Thanks

Old 08-31-2004, 09:23 PM   #4
SPJ
$90 shipped for an adult female BP?
That should have raised reg flags right there.
No one is going to sell a CB adult female for only $90 shipped. That basically comes out to only $55 for her since shipping runs about $35.

Without the other info like Neil stated, you may be out of luck.

Old 08-31-2004, 09:56 PM   #5
Neil Gubitz
His info will be on your PayPal....

Neil

Old 08-31-2004, 10:03 PM   #6
Rogers Reptiles
yeah your right...... no one in there right mind would sell a CB adult female ball for 60 dollars, but see before I bought it I sent him like 10 emails asking if he was sure it was CB not a WC. I told him that if I wanted I could get WC down here for $60 and not have to pay for shipping.

He also gave us a gaurentee that it was a CB

Old 08-31-2004, 10:06 PM   #7
SPJ
Sounds like a real winner.
Good luck tracking this guy down.

Old 08-31-2004, 10:15 PM   #8
Rogers Reptiles
Here is the name on paypal as the recipient of the payment is Karen Ungerer
but paypal did not show an address

Old 08-31-2004, 11:07 PM   #9
Neil Gubitz
Roger.... sorry, I've never heard of her....

Try calling Tampa Information (or the Tampa Cops).... maybe you'll get lucky....

Neil

Old 08-31-2004, 11:25 PM   #10
Bighaze
Karen is my sister, and Gene is her boy friend (fionce what ever).His last name is Cotillo, and as far as I konw his reptile biz is well over with. I will help in anyway I can!!! I know he does not have a phone right now, and I don't know what I can do to help you but as Karen is my sister I feel I should do some thing.

I just want to add I am in NO WAY standing up for or defending Gene, but like I said karen is my sister so what can I do?

truly wishing I didn't have to get involved,
Bruce Ungerer.