Call To All members here.... - Page 24 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:54 PM   #231
Doutinker
We all need to give USFWS our comments, and NOW! Forget about voting against the bill, that is meaningless at this point. If you belong to other groups post the dire need to take action now. Otherwise in about 50 days it will be too late, then we lay our fate in the hands of the USFWS, which I personally do not want to do. If nothing changes they will base their decision on that terrible study by the USGS that predicts the spread on large constrictors across half the United States.

Old 03-24-2010, 04:36 PM   #232
chunk53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doutinker View Post
We all need to give USFWS our comments, and NOW! Forget about voting against the bill, that is meaningless at this point. If you belong to other groups post the dire need to take action now. Otherwise in about 50 days it will be too late, then we lay our fate in the hands of the USFWS, which I personally do not want to do. If nothing changes they will base their decision on that terrible study by the USGS that predicts the spread on large constrictors across half the United States.
Does anyone have a link to where I can read this report by the USGS? I haven't heard anything about this before now and would like to see what BS they are trying to feed the nation.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:27 PM   #233
Doutinker
Charles:
Here is the link to the proposed USFWS rule change.

http://www.regulations.gov/search/Re...00006480abc25c

This is the same old crap from before, adding 9 constrictor species to the Lacey Act based on the faulty USGS report.
Ron

Old 03-31-2010, 03:26 PM   #234
MetalSnakesUK
i cant because im english, grrrrr. i would if i could!

Old 04-04-2010, 05:42 PM   #235
jscianni21
hasn't alrdy been proven that the snakes can't make it out of the state of florida let alone the southern part of florida . i mean the bill make no sense it just shows the gov doesn't give 2 craps about freedom .

heres something i found online its kinda funny the only deaths due to snakes are from venomous snakes

http://pawild.net/home/show_con.php?p_id=8

makes you wounder

and today at work and i was talking to the local human soiciety pres. and she was telling me that she finds the ban crazy and that she doesn't think its going to go completely thru.

i am sorry my spelling/ grammer is that of a 5th grader but i am just really aggrivated with the bill to me it goes along the lines of the patriot act .

Old 04-04-2010, 05:48 PM   #236
jscianni21
http://www.rexano.org/Statistics/Con...e_Fatality.pdf
heres another link

Old 04-12-2010, 08:16 PM   #237
philanddebora
Thanks for the link guys and I posted it on my facebook page

Old 04-13-2010, 06:24 AM   #238
snakesafari
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalSnakesUK View Post
i cant because im english, grrrrr. i would if i could!
Me too! Are we only able to vote on this issue if we reside in USA? I feel this is an international issue that could effect snake keepers world wide, no matter where we reside. As a hobbyist from across the pond I wish to say I am against this ban. Thanks all Jim Eaton.

Old 04-13-2010, 01:45 PM   #239
gbpython
We did our part. Come on everyone. It only takes a couple of minutes and can make a big difference.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:09 PM   #240
gsrept
even living in us we do not get to vote on it are fate is up to a few senators and reprisentitives, which is rediculas considering this country has some freedom as it fit into govermants agendas.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!