Some of our '04 babies - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-04-2004, 05:39 PM   #1
hqreptiles
Some of our '04 babies

Here are a few of our best so far this year. Our Red Stripes have really taken off and we can't wait for next season. We will have a nice display at the Chicago North American Reptile Breeders Show, if you have not had the chance to see Red Stripes in person this is your chance.

Enough chit chat on to the geckos:

Red Stripe Female, this girl hatched with broken brown stripes on either side of her back, as she grew her pattern and body turned orange. Oh and she has a nice carrot tail too.

Red Stripe Male, this boy had stripes once upon a time, but again the body colour and stripe colour have blended into one solid colour. Again, the nice carrot tail that we have developed completely independent of the Ray Hine line of carrot tails.

Red Stripe Male, this male has an electric colour that we simply cannot capture with a camera. The orange body colour just seems to glow when you have him out in the sun light.

Thanks for looking and we can't wait to meet everyone in Chicago!

Matt and Susan
High Quality Reptiles
www.HQReptiles.com

Old 09-04-2004, 06:50 PM   #2
groovygeckos
hi you guys at h.q. be good to see ya there

thats great yur coming all the way down here would you have a double-het r.s. (tremper) for me in chicago ? e-mail pleeeezzz? w/ any details thank you groovygeckos@sbcglobal.net

Old 09-04-2004, 07:38 PM   #3
Jeremy Letkey
Matt, you guys have some excellent looking geckos. I can't wait to see them up close and personal. I'm glad you decided to make the trek down here. See you in Tinley Park, I'll be sure to say hello at the very least.

Old 09-04-2004, 08:15 PM   #4
progeckos
OMG those geckos are amazing!! I’ve never seen a gecko that the orange on its tail blends in with orange on its body. Superb job Matt! Wish I could see them in person.

Old 09-04-2004, 09:44 PM   #5
Blazin
Orange stripes.

Those are some awesome looking animals. Whats the heaviest weight you have in your striped line?

Old 09-04-2004, 09:54 PM   #6
KelliH
Those are incredible. It is also unbelievable that you have never introduced any hypo blood into your red stripes! Nice geckos!

Old 09-05-2004, 02:22 PM   #7
diablohogs
what are the red stripes if not hypo?

is it simple reccesive? or codominant?

those are really great animals but, well, what genetic morphs are at work here?

EDIT: the carrot tail you work with... is it the same carrot tail Ron Tremper works with in his albinos and hybinos?

Old 09-05-2004, 02:26 PM   #8
groovygeckos
hey

just a striped gene i beleive , allthough i have asked them and they said that do do get some" jungle " when they breed stripe to stripe ! if it is recessive leads me to beleive they`re stripes are het for jungle ! most of ron `s albinos are het for something they do not show !!! , stripes are poss. het jungle , and jungles poss,het striped, as well as a few other , possible hidden traits !! if you read every bit of info on his sites faq`s it in there somewhere ! maybe there is some relation in that respect as well dan

Old 09-05-2004, 03:02 PM   #9
diablohogs
i strongly believe that jungle and stripes come from the same thing. a stripe is just a super jungle in my opinion.

Old 09-05-2004, 03:05 PM   #10
groovygeckos
hey there

didnt mean it to say there arent from the same reccessive , they are ! striped , jungle,(, and i assume reverse-stripe and zig-zag too) , all are just variations ! just my opinion based on what ron tremper has told me in e-mail

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!