Great people in the Business - TSE Scammed Group Donaters - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:58 AM   #11
Ghi Reptiles
Just out of curiosity...what kind of maney was raised?

Old 02-04-2008, 07:59 AM   #12
Ghi Reptiles
Sorry...what kind of 'money' was raised?

Old 02-04-2008, 01:10 PM   #13
ToshaMc
As far as the court is concerned a judgment was handed out for Chris to essentially pay us back. The best we can hope for is the court to allow Chris' wages to be garnished to pay off the judgment - however the court cannot force Chris to work - and he'll likely work off the books for as long as he can to avoid having to pay - it's not that hard to do - and people like Chris can't hold real jobs anyway. The DA decided against filing criminal charges - so there is no need to continue holding onto the funds that were collected - it's not going to move any more forward from this point.

As for the intent of the thread - I am really surprised to find this on the BOI - the original intentions regarding the donations was overwhelming for many of us - but there were too many egos involved and the execution and delivery fell apart. What could have been a good thing - turned into an embarrassment - IMO.

Certainly props to Jon for trying to put it together and Heather for trying to see it through as well as those that actually donated.

Old 02-04-2008, 03:35 PM   #14
E2MacPets
I assume nothing was set aside for those of us that were scammed by TSE outside of the het scam?

Old 02-04-2008, 03:38 PM   #15
LadyOhh
If you feel that you deserve retribution due to the TSE scam, please PM me with your story.

Old 02-04-2008, 03:58 PM   #16
Ghi Reptiles
I was actually curious as to the dollar amount that was donated by the herp community...

Old 02-04-2008, 09:05 PM   #17
TheFragginDragon
I'll know definitively in about 3 months or so, Juliet is definately building eggs, but I think I can say without hesitation that I'm a member of this club since I bought my pair from Chris in 2005, at the height of his reign of deception. The only person I think I deserve restitution from is good ol' CJ. Of course that will never happen.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:47 AM   #18
Cat_72
This has been a great effort on the part of many people, and it is through no fault of ANY of those folks that criminal charges were not filed. Many people HAVE stepped up and helped out in many ways, and just because it didn't all work out as wonderfully as hoped, there is no need for anyone to be less than thankful, nor proud of the effort put forth and kindness shown by others. No one had to do ANYTHING. It speaks volumes about those that were kind enough to step forward and offer whatever they could to try to soften the blow the Chris Johnson delivered to many of us.

There has been no question as the the donators receiving a refund....many of them already have, and I have already contacted Bob in regard to getting them out to anyone who hasn't already gotten them.

As far as anything being "set aside" for those outside of the initial TSE scam, my last impression was that folks were repeatedly asked to send their story, information, submit depositions, etc, and the ones who did so were included in the initial recuperation effort. I honestly can't say if there are donations/donators left over, or still forthcoming, etc.....but as Heather said....let her know what's up, and we can only go from there!

Old 02-05-2008, 03:01 AM   #19
LadyOhh
I fully intended this thread to only be about the POSITIVES regarding the whole issue.

If you have any questions, please PM either me or Cat regarding anything you may have to say about the TSE Scam or otherwise.

Otherwise, lets hope that this thread stays positive and about the people who donated and who are thankful, as the thread was originally intended.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:26 PM   #20
ToshaMc
With all due respect - I don't think that there is a rule that only positive comments can be made on a BOI thread.

Continue sugar coating - I'll butt out.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!