Great people in the Business - TSE Scammed Group Donaters - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:47 PM   #21
LadyOhh
I said nothing about it being a RULE.

I said it was the original INTENT, and I hope that it continues that way.

Unfortunately, it seems to not be something people seem to be abiding by.

And, sugar coating or not, like I said before, if you have any issues, please contact me or Cat by PM.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:33 PM   #22
matt4797
Heather, Jon, Cat, Derek and who donated did an awesome job. They put there own free time, money and animals in to help other people who has been scammed. If anything this has only helped the reptile community by showing that there are good people out there. Nobody was owed anything by any one other than Chris but others still tried to give the victims some type of retribution. To me they changed the way I was starting to feel about the hobby and am great full for everything they have done.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:26 PM   #23
Miss Tuniwha
I agree with you Matt.. I luckily was not involved in the scam. But I have heard of all the wonderful things these people did to try to help.

It seems more and more people these days in the herp world are scum bags.. so I really was very happy to hear there are some good people out there trying to help..

so.. thank you, to anyone in this day and age that can see past their own nose, and are willing to help others..

*hugs all around*

Old 02-19-2008, 02:26 PM   #24
varnyard
I still have not heard a word about the refunds. I dontated $50.00 in cash, donated $150.00 in books and won an auction for $50.00 on books. I seen where Bob was on line three days ago, whats the deal guys?

Old 02-19-2008, 03:38 PM   #25
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by E2MacPets
I assume nothing was set aside for those of us that were scammed by TSE outside of the het scam?
These monies were not collected to compensate those that were scammed; they were collected to hire a lawyer. There never were any attorneys hired to help bring Chris to justice.

There are many people here that have been scammed before, including myself. I never recouped the cash from the ones that have scammed me. We toss this part up to a lesson learned.

As for the refunds, I was never contacted about mine, and I am now being somewhat ignored on the request for the refunded money that I donated towards a lawyer. I was contacted a while back by Cat, she told me my donation was $50.00, but this did not include the funds collected on the auction. The books I donated was not ones a really wanted to part with, I did it because I thought it was going to a good cause. The same is true about the books I bought, I did not need them or really did not want them, I bought them to support the cause. I mean, what did I need with corn snake morph guides?

In my opinion, this was handled very poorly, why would the ones that donated need to be contacted, why were they just not simply refunded?

Is there anyone else that has not gotten a refund for the donations we made for a lawyer?

Old 02-20-2008, 12:18 AM   #26
Cat_72
Bobby, as we discussed on the phone tonight, it isn't necessarily the best idea to send the refunds out without contacting those who gave, and confirming that their paypal address is indeed the same as it was 2 years ago, and that they have access to it. It could cause larger issues if the refunds were just sent out, and find out another 6 months from now that those folks did not receive them. We did send out some emails quite some time ago from the Recuperation Fund email address, but I'm hearing they may have been disposed of as "spam" in some cases....so we need to make sure that everything gets where it needs to get. I did ask anyone who had not received theirs to contact me, and you and one other person did so.

We had a bit of a hard time getting in contact with Bob, but we have indeed been in contact with him now. It will be sorted out very shortly, my friend.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:04 AM   #27
shrap
Well, Bobby has contacted you and Texas Bob now about the refund. Many times in fact over the last three weeks. So what's the hold up? It takes all of about 2 minutes to refund the money.

Something here sure dont add up. Maybe we need to get Paul Harvey involved.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:34 AM   #28
Chameleon Company
"And now, you're going to hear the rest of the story .... "

Old 02-20-2008, 10:51 AM   #29
Casey Hulse
How much money was collected, and how much has been refunded?

Old 02-20-2008, 06:21 PM   #30
Laura Fopiano
I received mine a year ago when it looked like things were not heading in the direction that those who were scammed had hoped.

As I recall there were some donations that were made anonymously? I would say have some patients and all of he monies will be returned to those that donated. I am also curious, what was the total from all that was collected including the auctions.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!