Flagyl Question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
matt233419
Flagyl Question

Does anyone know where you can get flagyl without going through a vet? I am breeding hognoses and just and an episode where I got one it and he needed it but the vet wanted to run all these tests.

Old 08-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #2
Devil's Den Reptiles
Hi Ashley,

I happen to work at a vet and I know for a fact you will not be able to get flagyl without going to a vet :/ and going to a vet they will require an exam. Sorry :/ I hope that helps though...

Courtney

Old 08-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #3
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Den Reptiles View Post
Hi Ashley,

I happen to work at a vet and I know for a fact you will not be able to get flagyl without going to a vet :/ and going to a vet they will require an exam. Sorry :/ I hope that helps though...

Courtney
Yep. However, in a case like this it's always good to have a relationship with a vet. I recently got some of this, just by making a phone call to my vet. I'd take the animal in to the vet and jump through his hoops. You never know, next time you need flagyl, you might just have to call and ask to get it.

Yep, I'm preaching again. If you're breeding animals, you should have a good vet. Not everything can be fixed by the average hobbyist. Can't afford a vet? Then you can't afford to be breeding.

I have seen metronidazole available as an aquarium medication, but it's anyone's guess as to the actual quality of the drug and the prices I've seen would be about what a vet visit would cost anyways.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #4
hadenglock
what do you mean an episode?

Old 08-31-2013, 03:02 AM   #5
LACERS
Can always drive down to Mexico and get it without any prescription. I get Flagyl from Mexico.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!