Lump on leopard gecko's stomach - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 08-17-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
jhahn678
Exclamation Lump on leopard gecko's stomach

Hello fauna, recently my leopard gecko has been having some problems. It was just noticed about 3 days ago when I got back from vacation. During vacation my grandparents were feeding her 5 mealworms a day. I made them a detailed list of what the had to do for each of my reptiles so there shouldn't of been any problems. She has eaten mealworms primarily for the past few months. Yes, she is an adult. I've had her for a little more than a year now. She has been completely healthy besides one problem where she had blood in her stool. She was taken to the vet, given an exam and had her feces exams. The vet said that she just had a little constipation and told us to feed smaller amounts everyday rather than larger amounts every other day. So, back on topic.. When I got home i noticed that there was a lump on her stomach. It is in the center and is fairly large (pictures at bottom). I gave her a warm bath yesterday and it felt rather soft and squishy. She has had a bowel movement since ive noticed it and the lump is still there. The only thing i could think of that could of caused this is when the power went out a few hours one of the days we were gone. So thats what i know, and i need help from you guys to figure out whats up. Here are the pictures:Name:  image.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  142.2 KB

Here is the information:
Weight:75 grams since last time weighed
Lighting and heating: 40watt day bulb and a red bulb on a dimmer to act as a night time viewing bulb. Also a UTH set on a dimmer
Temp: 86-88 degrees on the floor of the hotspot
Tank: 20 gallon long
Misc: fresh water daily, calcium without d3 in dish, 3 hides and a humid hide, feeders dusted with repashy leopard gecko supplement

Old 08-17-2013, 11:35 AM   #2
jhahn678
Here is another picture with a better view

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  151.0 KB

Old 08-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #3
snowgyre
Without a better picture, it almost looks like a hernia. Can you put her on a piece of transparent glass or plastic and take a photo of her from beneath?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!