Feeding Baby Grey Banded Kingsnake - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors   Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds  Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 
 
  Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2017, 12:58 AM   #31
elena
I'd like to know who sold this non-feeding snake to someone with no experience, without providing any guidance whatsoever other than, braining. If braining was going to work, the breeder would have tried that already and the snake would be feeding. I want to know the name of this irresponsible seller, for future reference. Sold a non-feeding snake to a noob, isn't helping her get it started. Non-feeders should only be sold to people with the experience necessary to keep them alive. It sounds like this guy/gal went for the quick cash grab and unburdened his or her self of a problem snake on to someone s/he knew didn't have that experience.
 
Old 10-09-2017, 04:00 AM   #32
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
I'd like to know who sold this non-feeding snake to someone with no experience, without providing any guidance whatsoever other than, braining. If braining was going to work, the breeder would have tried that already and the snake would be feeding. I want to know the name of this irresponsible seller, for future reference. Sold a non-feeding snake to a noob, isn't helping her get it started. Non-feeders should only be sold to people with the experience necessary to keep them alive. It sounds like this guy/gal went for the quick cash grab and unburdened his or her self of a problem snake on to someone s/he knew didn't have that experience.
Warning: Not here in this thread, please. If this discussion needs to bring up a name of the seller, then a new thread needs to be started in the Board of Inquiry about this issue. Such discussions about buyers and/or sellers is not welcome in the general discussion forums.
 
Old 10-09-2017, 04:10 AM   #33
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runs_With_Wolves View Post
How often should I feed her? How many tails?
I don't know what would be best for your gray band. Too many variables concerning the environment and it's overall health for me to wager a guess for you. All I can say is that you need to be cautious and try not to trigger a regurge. And you do not want it to starve to death. Somewhere between the two limits will be where you need to be, but unfortunately I can't tell you where that is. So go slow, wait for a defecation of the last meal to make sure the last offering was digested, and then try another small meal. Pick up the pace if it feels warranted. I would decrease the number of days between meals over increasing the size of each meal, as that would likely be less stressful on the animal. With any luck, you will notice the animal looking around for another after taking a mouse tail, and that could mean you are out of the woods and have an animal with a developing feed response.

Just don't push things or rush the process. I don't know how many baby corns I lost over the years just from a single regurge that pushed them over the edge and they spiraled down hill very quickly.
 
Old 10-09-2017, 12:49 PM   #34
Runs_With_Wolves
Alright. Thanks guys. I'll wait for the tail to pass before I give her another. As for the guy who sold her to me, private message me and I'll give you his info.
 
Old 11-03-2017, 11:55 AM   #35
Runs_With_Wolves
Good news everybody!
Foxtrot has grown and shed her skin. She still needs to be teased into eating, but the tails are definitely making her grow. She's super active and is relaxing about being held.
Thanks so much guys!
 
Old 11-03-2017, 01:01 PM   #36
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runs_With_Wolves View Post
Good news everybody!
Foxtrot has grown and shed her skin. She still needs to be teased into eating, but the tails are definitely making her grow. She's super active and is relaxing about being held.
Thanks so much guys!
Good to hear you are having success! Looks like your patience is working out well.
 
Old 05-04-2019, 01:12 PM   #37
clgensel
RE: anole scent

Didn't work for my gray banded non eater. Boiled pinks in a cup did and Reptilinks WAY overcharges for scent because of shipping.
 
Old 05-05-2019, 12:50 AM   #38
Runs_With_Wolves
Quote:
Originally Posted by clgensel View Post
Didn't work for my gray banded non eater. Boiled pinks in a cup did and Reptilinks WAY overcharges for scent because of shipping.
I tease fed mice tails and rat pinkie arms and legs by forcing her mouth open and putting food in it. she ate after it was in her mouth. Try that. Mine now eats like a pig.
 

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Grey banded feeding? soopadoopa Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum 19 10-11-2008 10:27 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:36 AM.




Ebates Coupons and Cash Back



TESTING!
Fauna Top Sites


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.04930902 seconds with 13 queries
Content copyrighted 2002-2018, FaunaClassifieds, LLC