Steps To Become Fedex Certified!!! - Page 43 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:47 AM   #421
Khaman
I am just waiting to get a copy signed by a Fed Ex person back. This is what happened last time in 2004 I sent a copy off signed and was told I was good to go. Fast forward to 2010 and they have no record of me being approved or even ever doing the pkg test so i had to do everything all over...I knew more about what needed to be done than the reps did.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:25 AM   #422
TripleMoonsExotic
Sandy & Scott, I received an email from my account rep today and would be more then happy to fwd your name and account number to her to see if she can get everything expedited. Just send me a PM with your account number and I'll shoot it over to her.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:11 PM   #423
Quiet Tempest
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
Sandy & Scott, I received an email from my account rep today and would be more then happy to fwd your name and account number to her to see if she can get everything expedited. Just send me a PM with your account number and I'll shoot it over to her.
Yes, please!! I'm sending you a PM with my info right now.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:27 PM   #424
Quiet Tempest
Quote:
Have you contacted the legal department (1-901-434-8494)?

I just called this number and spoke with someone there. She said that the person in charge of reptiles is on vacation right now (Misty...something..I didn't catch the last name). Maybe that's why it's taking so long to get things done. Her boss's name is Rusty Phillips and the number given goes to his office. He was on lunch so I left a message and I'm hoping to hear from him soon.

Thanks again for the number and help!

Old 06-30-2010, 12:58 PM   #425
WingedWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaman View Post
I am just waiting to get a copy signed by a Fed Ex person back. This is what happened last time in 2004 I sent a copy off signed and was told I was good to go. Fast forward to 2010 and they have no record of me being approved or even ever doing the pkg test so i had to do everything all over...I knew more about what needed to be done than the reps did.
I'm in exactly the same position you are--again! However, this time I have an e-mail from Clint Gowen telling me that he received word that I AM entered in the computer system as an approved shipper, and I can go ahead and ship--so, I'm going ahead and shipping. No problems so far.
I sent another e-mail asking when I would get the hard copy last week. No word back yet. Maybe everyone is on vacation?

Old 06-30-2010, 03:31 PM   #426
Khaman
Quote:
Stephanie, I will keep that offer in mind but I am going to wait just a little longer since I am am in no hurry to ship right now but I am not going to let them forget me.

I may even try the new service to see how that works out.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:48 PM   #427
matt b
i have been trying for over 2 weeks now to just get the name of my rep, finally today i was able to get through and talk to someone who knew what they/I was talking about, now i just have to pack up the box and ship

Old 07-07-2010, 05:02 PM   #428
Quiet Tempest
Got my waiver via email today! Just have to sign it and get it back to them! Thanks so much, Stephanie!

Old 07-07-2010, 05:04 PM   #429
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Tempest View Post
Got my waiver via email today! Just have to sign it and get it back to them! Thanks so much, Stephanie!
No worries. Glad I could help.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:34 AM   #430
TripleMoonsExotic
Q: Was everyone aware that the shipping cost estimator does not include any discounts you may receive with FedEx? You have to calculate it yourself! I negotiated new rates with my rep because of the $20 difference shipping to California compared to ReptilesEXPRESS. She gave me a PDF with my new rate discounts that says I have to calculate it myself as it won't be displayed online! How do I know if I'll be billed accurately if it's not displaying properly? It's not even just that I have to figure out math...It goes off of published rate per pound for Express?

EXAMPLE:
$2.00 published rate per pound x .20 discount (20% off) = $.40 discount per pound
$.40 discount per pound x 1,000 lb. shipment weight = $400 total discount
$2,000 published regular rate - $400total discount = $1,600 discount rate

That is just insane that I need to do three math problems just to figure out a quote for a customer!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
fedex certification, fedex waiver