Steps To Become Fedex Certified!!! - Page 45 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:50 PM   #441
crotalusadamanteus
No, it has it plain as day.

I did however argue with them in the beginning, that there are home businesses, and if I happen to sell them and animal, then that's where I need to ship it. Period. If that was going to be a problem, I'd take my business elsewhere, and they said it shouldn't be a problem, but it may cost more.

I've shipped, it cost me more, and it's not been a problem.

Old 08-27-2010, 11:50 AM   #442
charlie476
they kinda have me by the goat. Its listed shipping live harmless reptiles/animals

Old 09-11-2010, 02:10 PM   #443
Miss Tuniwha
ok, Question.. I just finalized my certification, and am now, officially Fed Ex Certified..

Why have some people gotten a "waiver" and some not? Is this separate? Or are you guys talking about the final form that I had to sign/date and fax in ?? Because, on there.. it does state my acct # and that I am certified to ship harmless reptiles blah blah blah..

Old 09-11-2010, 02:13 PM   #444
TripleMoonsExotic
Yes, that's what the waiver is. It says "Waiver of Liability for Reptile and Amphibian Domestic Shipments" at the top.

Old 09-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #445
Miss Tuniwha
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
Yes, that's what the waiver is. It says "Waiver of Liability for Reptile and Amphibian Domestic Shipments" at the top.
*facepalm* yup.. I'm a dumb.. when you say waiver, I would assume that it's something they would send once everything is finalized.. not the thing you sign to MAKE it finalized... LOL

thanks

Old 09-11-2010, 03:27 PM   #446
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tuniwha View Post
*facepalm*

Old 09-15-2010, 03:39 PM   #447
Khaman
[quote=Miss Tuniwha;1076596 I would assume that it's something they would send once everything is finalized..
[/QUOTE]

That is exactly what it is supposed to be you signed the wavier and some big wig is supposed to sign it and send you a copy back. this is what happened to me six years ago and still happening. I signed my copy sent it in and nothing i called and was told I was fine to ship and then years later find out they hae no record of me being authorized to ship. I went through the package test again signed the wavier sent it off in June and still nothing. I call they say they will look into it an call back but never do. In fact I am on the phone with Fed Ex right now with my second customer advocate of the day.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:56 PM   #448
4riscorn
I sent off my test box last Friday. Then I got an email from someone other than my agent telling me the application that was sent in was the wrong one...it was the one my agent sent me. He said now you have to fill it out on your computer, from the FedEx site and email the application, directly from the FedEx application link on the site, before you send out your test package but that since it is technically the same form he would process it anyway. He said I should know something in 3-5 days. So we'll see!!! Fingers and toes crossed!
When I went to send out the test package, the FedEx center said they have never heard of a test shipment before!! I then told them about the process and that I have been in there to pick up snakes and then she remembered me. She said it was "cool" and she hoped to see me shipping out! Sucks that it is now a half hour away since we moved. Maybe I could arrange home pick up....I know you have to pay a few dollars more but sometimes it may be worth it.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:47 AM   #449
TripleMoonsExotic
I told you to fill out the one I provided as it was the correct one.

I'm also afraid the waiver specifically forbids home pickups or deliveries. Some ignore it yes, but you could loose your waiver.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:21 PM   #450
4riscorn
I did fill that one out also and enclosed both apps but the guy who contacted me told me that they were doing it a new way now and it had to be filled out and sent online before even sending the box out....which is strange, but he said from now on that is what I would have to do for any test boxes. I am hoping I won't have to have anything else tested.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
fedex certification, fedex waiver