Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 19 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:08 AM   #181
reticguy76
that was quite the post right there. i never even paid attention to the toxicology part. that is a fact, you do need a pathologist review and interpretation vs a toxicologist. ibd is not a toxin, its an infectious problem. i will never understand why people continue to believe the "pythons get infected quicker and die quicker" theory. there are some basic, common symptoms that go with ibd or potential ibd, however, not every snake reads the book. for example, not every snake goes into the "neurological" state of not being able to right itself when put upside down, not every snake stops eating or regurges when it does eat.
bottom line, ibd or even possible ibd is not like mites or a uri, that is a pretty easy fix. its something you dont wanna mess around with.
proper quarantine, proper purchases from reliable and notable breeders, etc are essential. always handle new snakes after you handle your already existing collection, incase of any potential contagious pathogens.

Old 12-12-2010, 05:15 PM   #182
hboyles66
I was doing some reading back when Ashley accused the guy of selling her the BCL with IBD. After seeing all the evidence here is it possible that the IBD came from her collection or from not properly quarantining her snakes? I mean is it possible that her mites could have given it to the BCL? She said she had no mites but is has been shown that she did have a mite problem about the while the BCL was in here snake room. I am not defending who she got the BCL from just saying that she tried to ruin his reputation accusing him of selling her a snake with IBD when it may be a possibility that she had already had it in her collection or got from all the snakes she was moving around. I am just stating that he was called all kinds of things about selling a sick snake when it is possible that she could have brought the IBD in herself and not with the BCL.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:47 PM   #183
amercnwmn
Quote:
Originally Posted by hboyles66 View Post
is it possible that the IBD came from her collection or from not properly quarantining her snakes?.
YES

I HAVE asked Ashley, since her "opinion" on the IBD report changed to doubting the presence of IBD,
"WHY was there no follow-up on the Bad Guy thread against the seller??"

Her reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakara
And I can't "clear" someone, meaning Dean, who has sold other people sick snakes, most around the same time that I received the BCL... So IF the BCL had IBD, then what about those other people's snakes? including a breeder of blood pythons... Are you going to bring those ppl into this as well?
Actually, by accusing Dean initially, SHE brought them in..but whatever.

Quote:
the 4 snakes that died....

1) The BCL, which you all know...

2) A yearling Jampea that I had received from an ex member on RTB that died from starvation... The animal was at least a year old and was the size of a hatchling... I don't know when the last time that animal had been fed before I got her...
So an animal with a questionable background..
Was the owner just not feeding them?? or was it sick and not eating??

Quote:
A boa who died from a Pyrometra which is a uterine infection after she became gravid by Yvonne's double het snow, Moose... I'm not blaming it on either snake, it happens in mammals as well... But so you know, that same animal is the future daddy to her moonglow litter by Lola, her triple het, IF you care to know...
It IS HIGHLY rare in snakes. It's not REAL common in dogs, but not unheard of. Again, IBD COULD have played a role in this snake's death. Yvonne's been notified of the potential, but I have no idea what her plans are right now. If I get wind she's selling snakes I'll point out there's testing needed since Ashley has posted info suggesting IBD, poor QT and mites.

Quote:
The last was my burmese python who died from liver and kidney failure which the toxicologist said was probably from prior starvation... She was at least 4 years old and hardly 10ft. The previous owner I got her from fed her "conservatively" so I have no idea what he fed her and how often... I owned her for over a year before she passed
Again...starvation? or anorexia? Questionable background of a snake and it's health.
This is the first we heard of "starvation" being the cause of death here. I believe this is the same snake that had chlamydia present as well, if my memory serves me right. I'm too tired to look back.

I agree Hank, IBD could have come in anywhere, and it could still be a factor in the above deaths.

IBD tests were not performed on ALL the deceased snakes, so there's no way to say whether it was actually present, subclinical, or non-existant.

Ashley has represented herself as a reputable snake breeder, who only has quality animals, and just from the above statements regarding the Retic & Burm, that is NOT true.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:22 PM   #184
reticguy76
I'd like to state, pyometra in snakes is rare. I've never seen one. Pyometra in dogs is quite common. We see a couple every few weeks. You see it alot in lower income areas since they can't afford to spay their dogs. I'm wondering if by pyometra, she meant reptured egg sack/yolk disease. But, I've never ever heard of pyometra in snakes. I'll have to do some personal and professional research on that, and whether it's even possible with their physiological make up

Old 12-12-2010, 11:35 PM   #185
Elizabethlea27
Reticguy, here is the thread where you can get necropsy info about the Pyometra death, to help in your research. Ashley did state that this condition was extremely rare in snakes I believe.

http://www.redtailboa.net/forums/jus...tml#post771289

Old 12-12-2010, 11:49 PM   #186
SakaraGT4
I just thought I would clarify that the 200 number is NOT how many snakes I've had, ever had, sold or whatever... By that number I meant I have 25, Yvonne's 50+, Kyle's and friends that I had sold/given snakes to who I DO keep in contact with... And yes, Yvonne DID know about the BCL BEFORE she moved into my house and BEFORE she put her snakes in with mine... If you don't believe me, you can ask her yourself... She knew when the BCL passed and she saw the pathology report... I sent it to her when she was still in Dallas and she moved down here a little less than a month afterward...

But I wanted to at least clarify that number and what it meant considering that apparently got taken the wrong way...

Old 12-12-2010, 11:52 PM   #187
SakaraGT4
oh... and the little Jampea that died came to me as a 1 year old and was the size of a hatchling... It looked as though she hadn't been fed, ever... Zombi-Hed, the guy that got her from BW said he was feeding her every couple weeks small mice, but I doubt that considering the size of her at a year old... She literally fit in the palm of my hand, as a YEARLING... That was obvious starvation, neglect or feeding it fuzzy mice...

Old 12-13-2010, 07:30 AM   #188
amercnwmn
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakaraGT4 View Post
I just thought I would clarify that the 200 number is NOT how many snakes I've had, ever had, sold or whatever..
No, we realize that BY YOUR ADMISSION the 200+ animals represents the amount of animals you've had "in room contact" with your animals.

Quote:
And I'm pretty damn sure after over a year, at least ONE of the 200ish animals that have been in room contact with my animals would have died
Ashley you have contradicted yourself so much you can't even keep up at this point.

*You have stated you've never had mites, but there's been at least 2 threads found indicating you DID have mites and had NO idea HOW to get rid of them.
Basic herp knowledge 101

*You've stated you practiced "standard protocols" for quarantine, and there are pictures, videos, and your own posts to prove otherwise.

*Now you are saying there's been 200+ animals exposed to your current collection.

*IN THIS ONE PM, you DENY the BCL was EVER in contact with the other snakes, AFTER stating SEVERAL times elsewhere, that it was housed with the others during your move. There's photos/videos posted that prove the BCL that DIED of reported IBD was in the room with the others for at least 5 days

*Your QT SUCKS, you're like the Grand Central of herps.

*You've had several questionable deaths in your collection.
ONE that a VET REPORT indicated IBD, but you keep on selling like nothing is wrong.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:25 AM   #189
hboyles66
And for some reason she still truely believes she has done and isn't doing anything wrong. People who are careless like her are the reason diseases get spread. She still claims the BCL was kept in a second room even though the photographic evidence proves otherwise. This is a prime exaple of just plan carelessness and money over the well being of snakes!!!!!!!!

Old 12-13-2010, 08:35 AM   #190
Drew Zaun
I have to say Ashley, the evidence is overwhelming, and all provided by your very own testimony. You have contradicted yourself so many times in so many places I am not sure even you know what is truth, and what isn't. I think maybe you have convinced yourself you have done nothing wrong, but believe me you have.

I would advise you to lock down your collection, for at least a year. And not just for IBD, but certainly that is an excellent reason. You also need to do research, a ton of it. Books, the web, here and places like it.

You have gotten too big too fast, you are over your head and the sad part is that you do not even recognize it. You are probably shaking your head right now, in disbelief, hopefully the act clears some cobwebs at any rate.

Take a deep breath and start learning about the animals and their care. It is obvious that they facinate you and you care for them, but you are putting your collection in danger with the way you are treating it. What is angering people here is that you are also putting other people's collections in danger as well. Who knows how many? Animals that come and go like yours touch a great many collections.

I am sure you do not mean to cause problems, but that is what you are doing. Gambling with the lives of animals we all hold in high regard.

Please stop.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd